Swashbuckler Issues/Concerns?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Rooksarii, Oct 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Silvorn Guest

Overfloater "(Dev post stated that they're designed for small groups of 2-3 players or 1 very skilled/well-equipped solo player), "

Then why do I constantly have to fight them in Tears grifter instances that are solo only?
  2. ARCHIVED-Gusta Guest

The most Dire issue i have with my swashie is that its now a month in and i only have one t6 master spell.

Come on!
  3. ARCHIVED-Keldoth Guest

Also voicing displeasure with - DPS % on defensive stance, there are many ways to make up the skill points. +DPS is much more rare, putting - DPS would cripple the stance.
  4. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Swarthy Distraction: I also wish this worked across raid groups.
    Throwing Weapons: I use iron daggers. I've not seen any reason to buy better throwing weapons, & that seems wrong. But, since I only use them for pulling, it's all good. It would be nice to see imbued pouches/whatever, but I'm not worried about it.
    As for utility in groups: if I'm the only scout in the group, I feel I bring a lot of utility. If I'm not, then I feel like a third wheel. I especially dislike grouping with other Swashies. The last two GOOD groups I was in, I was the only Scout. Neutralize, Swarthy Distraction, Evac, & trap disarming all went a long way towards helping those groups achieve our goals. But that utility disappears if I have to share it with others, & I can't really think of any way around it.
    Overall, I love my Swashie, & I'm concerned that if SoE makes us any better, the whining masses will demand The Nerf Bat be swung.
  5. ARCHIVED-Keyh Guest

Aye, that's exactly what I am afraid of :p.
  6. ARCHIVED-overfloater Guest

Because it's meant to be a challenge, I guess? *shrug* Don't ask me, I'm just the messenger! :D They are intended to be soloable but they're not intended to be a pushover -- and they reward bonus xp for the extra effort they require.

Aha, I knew I'd saved it somewhere for future reference. From the DoF Beta boards:

[Snipped most of the post, just left the part about the intended con ranges.]
  7. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

Have another dire concern

Bravado line:
    False Bravado, Teir 5 Master: 25% proc, 20 sec duration, 58% speed buff
    Spurious Bravado, Teir 6 Adept 3: 25% proc, 20 sec duration, 58% speed buff

Therefore the only upgrade to a Teir 5 Master is a Teir 6 Master (I can't think of any other skill for ours or any other class where this is the case), this seriously needs to be addressed, the Teir 6 Adept 3 should be an enhancement to the Teir 5 master, not neccessarily the 58% speed, maybe enhance all the Spurious Bravado training levels (ap2 though to Master 3) to include any of the following:

1. Enhanced proc chance
    2. Longer duration
    3. Added STR buff
    4. Added DPS buff
    5. Damage Proc

and again I say, fix the stacking issue to stack speed as it says in the description, not just reset the timer.

I would also move the lack of decent throwing weapons to Dire Concern, a Pristine Legendary throwing weapon is lvl 46 to equip (will this even hit a raid mob?), this is the only item I can think of that is below teir to equip at pristine, every other their 6 pristine item I know of equips at lvl 50, also all other teirs of pristine throwing equip at 20, 30, 40 (why is teir 6 different?) an imbue option would be nice, however I think I would rather have better stats on them, +7 Str/Agi/Sta/Wis just doesn't stand upto the stats we lost from our bows and is nowhere near what Pristine Ironwood bow gets, granted, till I got Hail of Steel, I only had a ranged weapon equiped for the stats, I'm an up close and personal kind of guy.
    Message Edited by Licit on 10-23-2005 05:24 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Draigo Guest

Defianately happy with changes, just to round us off and not ask for tto much as we want to stay stealthed from the nerf bat

The poison issue needs sorting , no other classes pay's for DPS
    Bravado issues
    Diversion needs to work across raid
    increase the range on our mez/stun, used to be great for splitting pulls,can live with the delay then :p
    give us a tri-corner ( cavalier hat ) as fluff 20, and a spiffy twirling swords emote at 50 ( didnt even bother buying the 50 fluff)
    one ... just one group benefical spell ouside of freeboot
  9. ARCHIVED-Ranjit Guest

I think that Swashbuckler aren't... Rogue-like enough. They need to be more 'extreme.' They're too 'in-the-middle' as they are.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kharadrim Guest

I really don't understand the poison issue. I foraged some useful stuff at the beginning of my previous tier (T3), found some cheap rare loams on the broker (they are a by-product and used for nothing else), and found an alchemist willing to make me some rares. I have yet to use up the rare poisons, even though I am now level 31. I use Translucent Fluxbladed Visions and a stun poison, and the combo is awesome. Yes, when you die you have to recast the poison, but as the vial is still bugged (I get charges back), I have done an entire tier without needing to get any new poisons. It costs me next to nothing (as in 5g or so - about as much as 2 Harclave runs yield), and yet contributes to around 20% of my DPS. Is it THAT much worse at high levels?
  11. ARCHIVED-the fluke Guest

You apparently are the lucky recipient of a bug, and I recomend destroying the vial and reporting it. I have not had charges regenerate in months. They are not supossed to; a charge is one use, when something runs out of charges, you loose the item.

Additionally, higher level poisons cost more, and if you are exploring an area for the first time, get into a bad group or just have one of those nights, you start going through 3 or 4 vials of each poision you use a day then yes, it gets bad. Depending on your server, you could be spending 1g/charge for common poisons at t5; I havne't even looked at t6 (have to intentionally decrese dps till the guild tanks level up a bit). But I do not expect it to have gotten any cheaper.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kenazeer Guest

Completely agree.
  13. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Yep, I have gone through a LOT of poisons lately, due ot the exploring of new zones. I have however stopped using htem until we get comfortable with a new area and don't die as much. It's getting too expensive to buy that many t6 rare poisons.
  14. ARCHIVED-Keyh Guest

I have the same thing happen to me. Even new poisons that I buy regenerate if I log out.
  15. ARCHIVED-Caldar Guest

We need to complain more guys. I look on other boards of classes that are screwed and they've got tons of new posts every day.

I look on our board... the last time someone complained about a very important ability of ours that is BROKEN... was a month ago! Did you guys give up? :(

I was looking forward to 60 so much because spurious bravado sounded insane. Well of course it was insane, the description of the ability is not what it actually does! lol

I've parsed, I've watched, I've checked. It definitely doesn't stack with itself as the description says.

Being as adept i of spurious and the master II I had from like 10 levels ago have the same amount of haste... it's even more disappointing.

Oh, in case anyone is looking for something else to be annoyed by. Have you ever parsed a bruiser? ... I was doing so with a bruiser the other night... every single fight he was doing double my damage. Double my dps. He was outdamaging every single member of my group. Both wizzies... the fury (who was outdamaging me when he tried) ...

Another thing... I don't think our mitigation debuffs work either. Hangman's noose in particular, I've tested and tested. Am I wrong? according to our persona page, mitigation affects how much damage you "mitigate" ... So, if I debuff a mob's magic/divine mitigation by 1k shouldn't it take more damage from a magic or divine nuke? I've parsed it, I tried several mobs of the same type WITHOUT the debuff and several mobs WITH the debuff... using a priest to deliver the same nuke every time. No change.

So lets complain more guys :p squeaky wheel and all that. I've spent months on this character.. I don't want to just walk away because Sony is clueless. I haven't even seen them ACKNOWLEDGE our problems. At least they pretend they know about the coercer problems... we're not even noticed.

I love my swash too much to go play something else :(
  16. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

We have complained, bugged, feedbacked and nothing helps. Stuff still stays broken.

I gave up on trying ot get anything broken, fixed.

I have pretty much gave up on the game itself.

Before long, everything we do won't work on epics either.

I have been playing WoW lately and having fun and have given up on trying to get stuff fixed here. If you complain, they just ban you.
  17. ARCHIVED-Arciahand Guest

Ya know, strangely, I am going to start a Bruiser after I hit 60, because they are so broken, and with my history, that is when they will fix the Bruiser types. Don't worry, that is half of my modivation.
    I picked Swashbuckler because I like the persona that came with the class, I was not concerned with being mister 133T (isn't that how uberific guys spell Elite?) I liked the character.
    Here are my issues with our class;
    We need to be able to "See" invis when invis, or explain why we can't when it says we should.
    Hurricane was nerfed a bit too much, it is equivilant to our sister class (the brigands, yes, I just called them all little girls) ability to avoid AOEs... now wait a sec, so you're telling me that my ability to hit all the guys in the area while fighitng heroics to level is equal to being able to dodge all AOEs that an EPIC mob puts out? I... smell... what is that? OOooo yeah, Dary air. Now it is being nerfed because it is too powerfull?! Well, perhaps in some grinding aspect but not in any other senario.
    Our DPS is great, though some other classes... hmmm ugh cough* BRUSERS* cough are not balanced, up us, lower them, what ever, but lets even the bar a bit here guys.
    What else is broken? I duno, I am so used to everthing I am not sure what else is not working well!
  18. ARCHIVED-Severed Hand Guest

Dbl post
    Message Edited by Severed Hand on 11-30-2005 12:38 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Severed Hand Guest

I would love to see the Bravado line actually do what the discription says. STACK not just reset the timer.
    Also been thinking of what else could be added as for some sort of group utility.. Has to be something Rogue like of course. So how about...something like this..
    Lvl 15- Pickpocket- Conc buff(Target group member) that adds 2% to coin drop. Can be cast on mulitple people in group.
    Lvl 30- (Brigand)- Mug- Conc Buff(Target Self) 2% chance to proc. Target must con green or higher. Adds X amount to Brigands coin. (Higher ability increases coin amount)
    (Swashbuckler)- Slight of Hand- (Target Self) Basically same as Brigand above.
    Lvl 45- (Brigand)- Thug- Conc Buff (Target Group) 2% chance to proc. Target must con Green or higher. Interupts and places generic Loot item into casters bag.(This item can be sold to vendors for X amount)(Herioc or weaker)(Can call it "Lint")
    (Swashbuckler)- Faster then the Eye-Conc Buff (Target Group) 2% chance to proc. Target must con Green or higher. Interupts and places generic Loot item into casters bag.(This item can be sold to vendors for X amount)(Herioc or weaker)(Can call it "Old Wrappers")
    Message Edited by Severed Hand on 11-30-2005 12:43 PM
    Message Edited by Severed Hand on 11-30-2005 12:44 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-overfloater Guest

Not being funny, but I've spent the last 12 months giving "constructive criticism" in the forums and in /feedback ("complaining" is just whining and gets nobody anywhere -- propose solutions if you want to see change, even if those changes aren't the ones finally implemented).
    Personally, after DoF finally giving us some purpose -- hell, any d*mn purpose -- I'm quite happy to shut the heck up for a while. For one, I don't want to see what ability we have now end up nerfed (and we've already had a dose of that) in case we end up being the squeaky wheel that gets a kick in the teeth. Second...

You played a swashbuckler before the DoF combat revamp and you're saying SOE hasn't noticed swashbucklers or acknowledged our problems? The Devs took the single most borked class in the entire game and made us balanced, useful, and with a valid purpose in every possible situation -- soloing, grouping, raiding. How is that failing to take our complaints into account? Really, I don't want to sound like I'm going off at you, but posts advocating whining are just going to piss off the Devs who worked darn hard to fix swashbucklers in the first place and make them avoid helping us again any time soon.
    After 10 months of being gimped, unable to solo and utterly valueless in groups, I'm very appreciative of what's been done to fix swashbucklers. Even the "major problems" we have now are tiny, trivial details compared to the problems we had before, to the point that I honestly don't care about most of them enough to /feedback them more than once. I'm having too much fun really enjoying my class for the first time in god-knows-how-long (rather than just fondly struggling away hoping that a fix is on the horizon) to bother making the trivialities a priority. I haven't even bothered to pick up Hurricane yet (at 59) because I'm not sure it's worth my plat right now to get it made anyway, but do I care? Not a whole bunch.
    Are there things that bug me? Yes, Hurricane and Hail of Steel are :\ in their nerfed forms. Poisons need to stay through death. Brawlers still do way too much damage considering they have double/triple my avoidance, great utility and no positional CA requirements. Berserkers too. Am I going to post here every day just to renew my whine and bump old complaints? No.
    If you have a valid concern, /feedback it, post it here, back it up, propose a solution or two. But don't just post and post and post to complain about relatively trivial bugs and issues. Why are there so few posts here? Because our current problems are of so little concern that they don't warrant daily complaints. Other class forums get lots daily posts because, quite honestly, they're a bloody mess (illusionists spring to mind). They're squeaky because the wheel is broken. Swashbucklers are not. Don't squeak just because you're hitting a couple of little bumps in the road. :p