Swashbuckler Issues/Concerns?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Rooksarii, Oct 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Rooksarii Guest

Greetings Folks!

Seeing as many other classes are doing much the same, I figured it may be time to start another "What's wrong/Ok/So so with us" thread for post LU13+ Swashbucklers :)

It would serve all of us best if we stick to discussing issues here and not resort to any flamefest, to be sure.

For the sake of comparison, I would imagine having a Dire Issue (think crippling bugs), Moderate Issue (affect gameplay a good amount, but not necessarily always) and Minor/Cosmetic/Wishlist issue mentality for the listing. I'll start off with a couple of random musings of my own, but I'll be more than happy to adjust and edit as needed! I will pretty much be posting verbatim concerns, but may edit the wording to describe how I intrepreted it, please correct my wording/clarify if I have done so incorrectly.

Dire Issues:

1. Bravado line proc stacking seems to just reset proc timer to 20 secs, unless there is a background calculation we don't see, only one proc Icon appears at any time.
    2. Swarthy Distraction should be specificly targetable (i.e. cross raid) as currently it only supports members of your group in terms of location. Currently, there is a fear of doing max dps as this art would only be feesible in the MT group

Moderate Issues:

1. Some attack lines feel more like filler moves outside of actual unique chains: Example - Snap of the Wrist/Uncanny Speed or Deft Rush/Lucky Gambit, these arts have similar counterparts that have a higher effectiveness with little to no further differentiation.
    2. In agreement with Rangers on this: Poisons disappear on death and on mentor
    3. Lack of any decent throwing weapons, and complete lack of imbued recipes for such. *This sits somewhere between 'Moderate' and 'Dire' depending on your personal view. [IMG] *
    4. Brazen Thrust will not work if Freeboot is engaged before Snoop, even if Freeboot is removed and Snoop is left active
    5. Tied in sort of with #3; The need for 3 different weapons to utilize the thrown ability/arts is a bit excessive. Perhaps consider making Bandoleers/sacks/vests etc one item (in theory), and then the different types of ammunition as variations of the same kind of ammo (slashing, piercing, bludgeoning arrows - slashing piercing bludgeoning throwers, etc). As it stands, we will potentially need to upgrade 3 weapons if we wish to improve or ranged damage, instead of the 1 weapon option of upgrading a bow.
    6. Possibly get defensive stances changed back to 20% drop in dps, not in chance to hit. (was appearently this way in beta)
    7. While we have some great individually focused damage arts and/or utility, we still do not bring much if any group based benefits (not to supercede Bard's group utility, but have something along the lines of a group benefit outside of Pathfinding (speed increases available elsewhere) Evac (huge number of folks get their own) or Smuggle (again, others get similar).
    Minor/CosmeticWishlist Issues:

1. Our "flavor" art at level 20 is very rarely used...perhaps have it add some more weapon visuals or a unique emote. While I think its a hoot to have group members flutter, it rarely works enough to be fun. Ideas include a mark ability (think Zorro), a ferret pet or similarly rogue-like
    2. There is an overall wish for some form of unique appearance. Some flashy "pseudo clothing" effects or such (i.e. an illusion or such that makes ones outward appearance looks as if you are wearing x or y style of clothing, etc) Barring this, perhaps have some actual equipment look more unique, flashy. *Personal note: since it seems the swashbuckler community has agreed to disagree on Musketeer or Pirate, make sure both are possible :smileywink: *
    3. Just popped into my mind, but what about crossbows!!?!?!
    4. Razor's Edge still has stun graphic despite no stun component
    5. Flamboyant strike line still has taunt graphic despite no taunt component; are rumors tru abot a stun component going into this line?
    6. Direct damage poisons would be very nice (especially with DoT elements breaking mez)
    7. Possibly reduce the cast time of Swathe line a bit...it is currently the longest cast time art
    8. Some other flavor based abilites for the Swashbuckler and/or Rogue class like: Pickpocket (generation of coin outside of actual removal of body loot I would suggest), a fence ability (in terms of selling items to vendors at slightly better rates...and/or increasing groupmates sell back rates)
    9. Improve tracking with spyglasses, or perhaps other tactical information outside of general proximity and the glowy trail
    10. A set traps like ability would be interesting
    11. Disguise options (actual faction masking disguises, etc)
    12. Locked/trapped items other than chests that can be picked/disarmed
    13. Possibly increase Inspired Darings duration and/or make it a concentration maintained buff (NOTE: Keeping this as a wish/musing rather than moderate issue as I would rather keep it as it is than have it removed, changed for the worse, etc.)
    Message Edited by Rooksarii on 10-18-2005 11:16 AM
    Message Edited by Rooksarii on 10-19-2005 08:59 AM
    Message Edited by Rooksarii on 10-19-2005 09:02 AM
    Message Edited by Rooksarii on 10-19-2005 10:22 AM
    Message Edited by Rooksarii on 10-21-2005 01:20 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-overfloater Guest

The fact that we can produce a summary of bugs/annoyances that starts with...
    ... reflects just how happy most swashbucklers are with our post-LU#13 state. :)

Completely agree, this is irritating.

There was such a fuss about consumable food and drink disappearing on death that they were "fixed", so I'd like to see the same for poisons. Poison damage is factored into our allocated DPS tier, so they're not so much a bonus as a necessity to fulfil the role of our class -- it would be the equivalent of toning down a priests healing ability and giving them consumable healing-proc potions to make up the difference.

I haven't done any player-character PvP since DoF Beta, but when I tried it there I noticed poisons were disappearing on death even in the Arena -- I went through two 7-charge poison vials in under 20 minutes (yeah, I sucked :p ) and I was using only 1 poison at a time. In the Arena we can avoid all the other issues usually associated with death (equipment damage, rez sickness, xp debt) but we can't keep our poisons? This is part of the reason I haven't rushed back to try PC PvP!

Have you seen the level 50 fluff ability? No, neither has anyone else.... :p Just kidding, although it is an incredibly subtle (that's a polite way of putting it) shimmer effect around your hand/weapon. Basically you can only see it if you're looking for it (and at some graphics levels you can only barely see it then), making it probably the single most unimpressive fluff ability in the game! :D

The only "Moderate Issues" I can think of right now are:

- lack of any decent throwing weapons, and complete lack of imbued recipes for such. This sits somewhere between 'Moderate' and 'Dire' depending on your personal view. ;)

- Brazen Thrust will not work if Freeboot is engaged before Snoop, even if Freeboot is removed and Snoop is left active (only a niggling issue, but seems like an oversight)

To be honest, though, I'm so happy about the LU#13 changes that I can live with all the other issues, at least for the time being. ;) I think the Devs did an awesome turnaround job with the swashbuckler as a subclass and I don't want to discredit all their hard work by complaining about the remaining niggling details. Compared to the list of issues pre-LU#13, the remaining problems can pretty much sit under the 'Wishlist' for a while to come. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Keyh Guest

I agree with overfloater on all of the points that he brought up.

Although I'm only level 33 I'd like to interject my views on it.

Moderate:

I agree with the thrown weapons thing. Also, one thing I don't like is the fact that we need to buy seperate weapons for different type of damage (piercing, crushing, slashing). I believe they should have bows with arrows for ammo and satchels or whatever that will use hammers, shurikens, knives, axes. None of this pouch for shuriken, sheathe for daggers. Granted, this isn't a huge thing at the point I'm at, as NPCs immune to a certain type of attack (sans 3 arrow heroics, and I don't group often) are few and far between, but I've heard of this becoming more frequent at higher levels

Wishlist:

Flamboyant clothing. Like these:

http://images.google.com/images?q=musketeer&btnG=Search&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=

I don't care if it's light armor, I'll wear light armor, just having available to look cool. Maybe for a fluff spell (I know this has been said before) "Summon Large Hat" which would make a feathered hat you could wear.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

Dire Issues:
    Bravado line proc stacking seems to just reset proc timer to 20 secs, unless there is a background calculation we don't see, only one proc Icon appears at any time.

Wishlist:
    I am a Swashy, and love to be seen (in certain circumstances) I am flamboyant, outlandish, rash and "cocky", give me stuff to wear that reflects this, instead of the disguise fluff spell, or charm, make us the centre of attention, let us stand out in the crowd.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rooksarii Guest

Excellent stuff so far!
    I must admit, I too really liked how we came out after LU13, obviously with some rough edges, but thus is the life of an MMO. This isn't to say we shouldn't look into whatever we can :smileywink:
    Will edit the main list :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

I LOVE my Swashbuckler now and I am actually wanted on raids now, due to our debuffs. The melee debuffs make a HUGE difference in damage taken by the tank. While it sucks ot die from the AOEs because our debuffs are melee based, it is still a huge improvement and being desired in a raid now is so nice. I know I and a few other people worked really hard in DoF beta to try and get us to where we are and let the Dev Team know where the issues with us were and what we were looking for as Swashbucklers.

The only real issue I have is the lack of throwing weapon items and lack of imbued ones also. Now I have to carry 3 weapons and 3 ammos but, as was said, with such a vast improvement of us, it's a minor issue at this time.

My only concern is the Avoid line of buffs. They don't seems ot be working as well as they say they should.

If I had one wish that would be granted for us, it would be that Swarthy Diversion (hate buff you put on tank, etc.) could be cast across raid.
  7. ARCHIVED-Serindyl Guest

Moderate --
    1) Psychotic Resistance still does not appear in maintained spells/effects window.
    2) Would be useful to have different colour icons for the maintained poisons: red (DoT), blue (stifle), green (debuff), etc.
    3) Sometimes when grouped, zoning places me into stealth.

I agree on swashy style armour.. maybe some day they'll add epic armour quests for the classes.
    I did post already on the poison dropping (http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=combat&message.id=72934), but more voices on it can only help.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ookami-san Guest

Here's my original list, posted several monthes ago... let's review...
    The Scout classes, in general, are not balanced against the other classes. The exception may be the bard classes, who seem to be fairly balanced with their songs - though they are not without their problems.

Here are some of the problems I see, feel free to add to this:

* Agility is nerfed - the agility nerf meant to "punish" tanks hurt us greatly. Especially at higher levels. Because Sony immediately uped the mitigation on light armor and heavy armor, fighters barely felt the sting, whereas rogues... in their unmodified medium armor were crippled in their ability to avoid (and mitigate damage).
    => Fixed. Agility and Strength are now much more meaningful and add to our class.

* Damage output is not balanced - Sony's niave ideal of Mage/Scout/Fighter/Cleric as the damage schedule is WRONG. Mages should have the highest CONSISTANT damage output. Hands down. They should be the masters of AoE high damage output, bar none. Scouts (predators in particular) should be the masters of ONE on ONE positional combat. Our back/flank attacks should have MUCH higher output. And our stealth attacks should be among THE highest damaging attacks in the game. Why? Because they can ONLY be done from the back/side/stealth... a position which we are forced to be grouped or use trickery in order to utilize these. NO OTHER CLASS is forced to do this. In solo combat, we are gimped to the max since it is not easy to get behind, to the side or stealthed during solo combat. NO OTHER CLASS is as dependant upon position / grouping as scouts. Because of this, our positional attacks should be GREATLY increased, since their utility is limited to once or twice in solo combat and maintaining position while grouped.
    => Partially fixed. Scouts are still the only archtype that must pay for our dps. And we're still the only ones saddled with positional dps. Granted, since our stuns now work (or non-heroics), we have been given a slight advantage over before but I still believe we should be at the top of the dps chain in one-on-one, positional attacking. Let the finger waggles blast groups... I want to slip my dagger between two vertebra and twist!

Not only that, but monks/bruisers and beserkers have nearly the same dps we do... with many other benefits. Hmmm...

* Utility does not exist - our primary role has been said to be that of utility. However, we really don't have utility. There is nothing, save disarming chests, that we can do that some other class cannot do... and usually do better. Other classes can stealth, evac, debuff and increase movement. In fact, the number of utility spells that we have that can affect a group are limited - again, unless you are a bard.
    => Partially Fixed. Our debuffs are more meaningful and our ability to vent aggro on the main tank helps him keep aggro. HOWEVER... we still don't have much UTILITY. Everyone and their brother has stealth/invis, our stealth isn't superior to anyone's and everyone and their brother gets evac. So... where's the utility? Debuffs? Everyone and their brother gets debuffs too.

* It costs to be a scout - NO other archtype has to pay to do damage. Without poison, a scout's damage output drops to near fighter level - without any of the fighter's other abilities, of course. Vendor poison is good, but since it disappears upon death, and must be re-applied. It can be VERY costly and time consuming during raids or epic battles. Player made poisons are even MORE expensive, and don't have as much bang for the buck.
    => NOT FIXED. Our poisons vanish when we die and still cost more than ever... especially at T6. They give us terrific flexibility, but again... no other class HAS to pay to maintain their usefulness and flexibility.

* Dual-wielding, fast weapons are nerfed - apparently, the ability to proc (especially for the new imbued weapons) isn't a straight percentage, but a scaling percentage based on weapon speed - which makes high speed weapons less effective than large tank weapons - which shouldn't be the case.

=> Partially Fixed. The imbued cobalt dual wields are a little lame and I have yet to see a T6 dual wield that would make me change. The only thing that gave our dual wielding a boost was Inspired Daring (/thank). And it's only useable every 3 minutes.

So how can we fix it? Here are my suggestions - again, I'm open to suggestions or other ideas.

* Fix agility - Fix agility's ability to improve our avoidance. Scouts, unlike all other classes, rely on their agility to avoid damage. Nerfing it effectively destroyed a large part of damage endurance (avoidance) while not improving the other part (mitigation).
    => Done. Woot!
    * Fix medium armor - You buffed light and heavy armor... stop playing favorites and buff medium armor. The agility nerf affected everyone, not just fighters and monks - give the mitigation bonus to everyone, not just to fighters and monks. In addition, some nice AGILITY bonuses on armor would be nice! Oh wait... agility is nerfed... hmm.. at least we'd have more power.
    => Done. Cobalt chain rocks!

* Fix poison - first, create MORE poisons. As it is, we get a new poison teir every 10 levels. This is fine, but it makes the poison VERY useful in the first 5 levels of a teir and much less useful in the last 5 levels. Instead, have poisons for every 5 levels. You could alternate with player and vendor made poisons, vendor poison could be useful levels 1-5 and player made poison levels 6-9. In addition, since scouts are the ONLY CLASS FORCED TO PAY FOR THEIR DPS, poisons should be upgraded in usefulness. Either that, or to balance things out, make fighters need to start paying for "weapon oil", mages start paying for "spell components" and preists start paying for "holy water." OR, upgrade our standard DPS to where it SHOULD BE, and leave poisons as a nice advantage we can use if we want to pay.
    => Partiall Done. Keep poisons on death and we'll call this one done.
    * Fix soloablility - because the SoE gods, in their infinite wisdom, made scouts' highest damaging attacks as flank, stealth or back attacks, our ability to solo is SEVERLY limited. Add this to our nerfed agility and our LOW mitigation, and you have a soloing nightmare. Give us more frontal or omnidirectional attacks (like you give EVERYONE else), or again... GREATLY INCREASE our back/flank/stealth attacks. Perhaps even give our stealth attacks a chance to REALLY stun the opponent.
    => Fixed. With our increased mitigation, and MUCH increased dps, we can now happily solo with the best of them.

* Add more utility - There are many ways that this can be accomplished. Here are a few suggestions:
    • Group buffs - buffs that granted small haste, attack, defense, parry or agility and stacked with other similiar buffs would go a along way. Sure, there will be some overlap - but hey, mages/preists get our spells (evac/stealth/speed), so why not.
    => Not fixed. With the exception of being able to funnel some of our aggro to the tank, we don't really bring much to the group, as far as buffs, etc. goes.
    • Traps - traps in corridors, or in dungeons in general, that only rogues can detect and disarm would make rogues EXTREMELY useful... as well as give devious SoE designers more devilry to throw at players
    => Not implemented.
    • Debuffs - Better debuffs would be a great boon, plus better notification of debuffs, so other players can see that the rogue actually did something.
    => Fixed. Woot!
    • Better stealth - scouts should be the undisputed masters of stealth. Our stealths should be faster and better (by a large margin) than comparable stealth from other classes. Much better to have a BETTER stealth, than to have it cast some ultra lame, ultra silly buff that lasts 10 seconds after the stealth ends.
    => Broken Worse! The only GOOD thing that has come out of their brainstorming, was getting rid of the penalty on stealth. But considering how many mobs see thru it, we've lost a important, archtype defining ability... one which has been given to many other classes (invis).
    * Add more scout abilities - Again, many ways you can fix this as well
    • Pickpocket - the simple ability to palm coinage and items from NPCs would at least make us SEEM like rogues. This could come from a seperate pool and be similiar to harvesting. A chace to succeed. A normal success gets you some copper, a good success gets you silver, etc. An uncommon would be gold and the rare would be a platinum or an item.
    => No implemented.
    • Locks - add locked doors/chests (in addition to the trap) that must be broken down (possibly alerting nearby creatures, lowering quality of loot or automatically setting off trap) or unlocked by scouts. This also opens up the possibility of player made lockpicks, etc.
    => No implemented.
    • Disguise - rogues could be able to use disguises that actually DO something. Using a player made disguise kit, players could disguise themselves as creatures (or player races) for a period of time, similiar to the Guise of the Deceiver or the Petrified Eyes. Obviously, the functionality already exists. The disguise kits could ONLY be usable by scouts, but COULD be used on others. While the utility on this is limited more to novelty, it would be nice to have them be able to sneak people into freeport/qeynos this way... adding some limited utility and help in certain situations.
    => Hmm... in LU15, it looks like they implemented masks. How wonderful would it be if they did this as a regular ability for scouts?! Again... add the faction change and they'd give us HUGE functionality.
    • Set traps - The ability to set traps, even something as simple as caltrops, would be nice. Once monsters, stepped in the trapped area, the trap is sprung! These could again be from a player made trap kits.
    => Umm... only rangers get it?!
    • Scout - a spell or spyglass could enable the scout to "zoom" in at a distance, or perhaps give the scout more tactical information on a target.
    => No implemented.
    • Fence - scouts could sell items for more than usual at special black market dealers. The increase in price would be minimal but increase with level. Perhaps only 1% increase every 5 levels, but it would definately make rogues useful.
    => So easy to do.... but not implemented.
    * For god's sake - give us some useful fluff spells. What? You have no creativity left after giving paladin's horses/squires and mage's familiars? Here's some ideas.
    => Sigh. No implemented.

• Swashbuckler - Wide brimed hat - an illusion (similiar to the other illusions) of a wide brimmed (musketeer) type hat . Since this would be unique, it would immediately designate the player as a swashbuckler. Another option is to have the option to get a three-corner hat (pirate hat) - or perhaps a parrot.
    => No implemented. Sigh. How about a musketeey type tunic and/or a pirate type coat?
    • Ferret - what rogue couldn't use a sneaky ferret to help him?
    => No implemented. Sigh.
    • Swish - the ability to mark a building/tree/etc. with a letter (mark of Zorro anyone) for a short time. Shouldn't be too hard... if Doom can mark walls with bullet holes, a letter shouldn't be too hard. You could even make different letters available as spells.
    => No implemented.
    • Animation of rogue stealing a pouch from person. Obviously, they wouldn't really be doing it, but showing a rogue pulling a sack of coins from someone would be an improvement over some of the other animations.
    => No implemented. I still think this would be fun.
    • An illusion that you choose (ie. not just half-elf) since this would be MUCH more useful -- especially for half-elves, who basically get completely screwed for their 40th level swashbuckler fluff spell - half-elf illusion.
    => No implemented. DUH! This is one of the lamest things about the swashy class. The illusions already exist... just let us pick one.
    Well, that's it for now. Hopefully, the developers will read this, get some ideas and work to turn the scout class (except bards) into a viable class that truly competes with the other class - especially at higher levels.
    All in all, we've seen some significant changes for the better to the swashbucklers in particular and scouts in general. No longer are we scoffed at and mocked... now we hold are own and some even call us broken.
    There's still alot of room for improvement... especially to swashbucklers and their "utility". Still, I have to say I've never enjoyed my swashbuckler more since LU#13 and I really hope they continue to improve our class.
  9. ARCHIVED-Keyh Guest

Disclaimer: I am only a lvl 33 Swashy, so my views on this may be a little different than high level players. Also, I spent about 30 minutes typing up full answers and lost it when I hit submit, so these are going to be a little short.
    <= Disagree with you on this. NEVER give the opportunity to let a person online spell something out that everyone could see. This will lead to profane messages scattered across everywhere.

As I've said before, I'm only lvl 33 so my views reflect what I think of the class up to that point. I am in no way saying that Swashies are perfect at all levels.

Editted for spelling.

Message Edited by Keyh on 10-19-2005 07:36 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Ookami-san Guest

That's a good point. Perhaps just the first letter.... of course, you know that Sam, Harry, Izzy and Tom will get together if that's the case.... sigh. I forgot the inheritant immaturity in alot of folks.
    Still, hopefully some of these issues will be addressed. We've certainly come along way and I can't say that there are any critical issues at this point... except I think Inspired Daring should always be on! :smileyvery-happy:
  11. ARCHIVED-Timmye Guest

It seems that pathfinding got changed on this update also. Or maybe I'm just slow.

It no longer has a timer, it's a continous group buffed until dispelled.

Sadly poisons still vanish when mentoring. At least that was my experience last night.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dresden00 Guest

Message Edited by Dresden00 on 10-20-2005 11:47 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Keyh Guest

Ookami-san, I'm not attacking you lol just you seem to be expressing your thoughts well.
  14. ARCHIVED-Silvorn Guest

If I make a wish list.

1. Make cheap shot scale with level. It is almost worthless against even ^ solo mobs.

2. We need poisons with no DOT comonent and only DD? Why? Mez a mob move to backstab...oh wait posion did damage and the mob is no longer mez'd. Given that we have one lame stun (cheap shot) and one long cast, long duration we need a posion that doesn't screw it up. I have pretty much quit using poisons when soloing because it makes stunning a waste of time.

3. Throwing weapons and ranged itmes for them on par with the bows we lost. To go with this put throwing ammo on more merchants.

4. Put some chain in DOF. I have done a lot of quests and the rewards are always plate, cloth, leather or jewlery with int/wis on it. lots of helms though I think I have 5 or 6 now.
  15. ARCHIVED-overfloater Guest

Cheap Shot only functions as an interrupt against ^ mobs no matter what con they are, you don't get any part of the prolonged stun effect -- reason being that they're considered a mini-heroic (Dev post stated that they're designed for small groups of 2-3 players or 1 very skilled/well-equipped solo player), in that you get xp and "bonus xp for defeating the encounter" from them, even though they're single, often soloable mobs.
    Other than that, Cheap Shot does stick for its entire duration against any mob with no up-arrows, regardless of con -- and it's just as effective against high level DoF mobs as against gnolls in Antonica, so it does scale with level.
    I agree about DD-only poisons. There are times when it's critical that mez sticks and stays if it lands when soloing.
    Also, I haven't played my swashbuckler since LU#15, but I read that using a ranged CA now switches on ranged auto-attack? It would be nice if this was toggleable, as it's going to be pain for those of us who mix our ranged CA into our regular melee pattern. It's nice that Stealth automatically switches off autoattack now to reduce the keypresses we have to make for stealth attacks, but having our ranged CA switch to ranged autoattack means I'll have just as many keypresses to make as before, just at different points in combat. :(
  16. ARCHIVED-Arciahand Guest

Just a thought for the ranged combat problem created for us (yeah, it sucks, I agree Overfloater) Try this:
    Replace the ranged CA button with a macro that will select melee combat after the CA, this will allow you to do as we did in the past. There is one issue presented with this solution, you will not be able to tell when the CA is ready to be used again. I know I don't use the CA more than once a fight, twice at the most, so this should not be a significant issue. If you really would like to monitor the re-use timmer, you could replace your melee auto-attack button... I would not recomend this, but it may work better for some playing styles.
    There are a few threads that will help with macros, if I was at my home computer I could demonstrait but I am not, anyone else care to give examples?
  17. ARCHIVED-overfloater Guest

Thanks, that's not a bad suggestion at all. :)

I usually keep most CAs manual so I have a little more control over what they're doing, but a macro might be useful in this case. Originally I used a macro for stealth attacks to disengage autoattack, trigger stealth, then trigger the Ambush CA... but I tend to do that manually now anyway. I guess I can finally dump that macro and use the slot for a ranged macro instead. :D

The recast timer wouldn't be a big problem -- I keep a separate hotbar at the edge of the screen to monitor the icons on any CAs I trigger with macros... which usually only includes mez (I use a macro to trigger and announce it to the group) and <Mob> Master's attacks (which are all triggered by one macro, and I monitor just one of the icons on the separate hotbar as they all share a reuse timer).

In case anyone else wanted to use Mr. Sparrow's idea ;), I'd probably just use two lines in the macro:

/usea Frigid Throw
    /autoattack on

(I think that syntax is right, not in front of my PC right now.) You'd definitely want to specifiy 'on' for autoattack (/autoattack alone will toggle, I think) in case you get a "You are too close!" message and have to hit the macro more than once. If you use it for soloing, you might even add /usea Hamstring as a first line -- I usually use Hamstring (yay for it being non-positional now!) first while soloing so I don't have to back up as far/fast to fire the ranged CA.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dr. Unk Guest

Number 1 issue and the only one I see needing imediate attention

Make our Swarthy Diversion line cross raid, there will never be room for a swashbuckler in the MT group and if I'm not transfering some of my hate then I'm going to get argo real quick if I'm trying to do max dps, without this spell on the MT I can really only do about 60% dps and not feel like I'm going to pull argo and wipe the raid.

Number 2 issue
    Imbued sheaths/bandoliers/pouches
    Kinda think we are owed these for loosing imbued bows.

Number 3 issue
    On our defenive stance can we get it switched back so it reduces our dps rather than our ability to hit the mob? The old DOF beta stances were like this, I'd much rather take a 20% dps reduction and still being able to land hits.

Other minor issues
    Some graphic bugs, Razor Edge line still has the stun graphic even though it does stun anymore, Flamboyant Strike line still have the taunt graphic even though it does taunt anymore. Would be nice to see some better fluff abilities. DD only posions would be nice. Did I hear a rumor that the Flamboyant Strike line was geting a small stun added to it? Any chance we can get the casting time reduced on the AOE Swathe line? Think it's our only CA that still takes 2secs to cast. Bug? Oh ya, be nice if posion didn't drop when you died.

edit: forgot one thing :)
    Message Edited by Dr. Unk on 10-21-2005 09:35 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-Rooksarii Guest

Updated the list.
    Really like what I am seeing so far...great to have different levels/ideas/experiences come out!
  20. ARCHIVED-Lochr Guest

>>Possibly get defensive stances changed back to 20% drop in dps, not in chance to hit. (was appearently this way in beta)

I disagree with this. I solo a lot, and do so in defensive stance. You can make up the to-hit penalty with the Swindler's HO. There's no other use for this HO really, and it's ridiculously common. There isn't any way that I know of to make up a 20% dps hit.