Suggestion: No PVP in DLW, Halas and City Zones

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Satyr, May 31, 2021.

1. Satyr Well-Known Member

We've got a situation where multiple twinked 6 man groups are camping respawn points in Darklight Woods in particular. They are repeatedly griefing new people rolling up.

This is hugely detrimental to the server because it's just killing the new pipeline of people, many of whom are inexperienced and are sitting ducks.

To prolong the life of the server it would be of massive benefit to lock PVP in these zones and pushing it out to dungeons and larger open world zones or alternatively increasing PVP XP at low levels to make this sort of behaviour more effort than it's worth.
  2. NotYoung Member

I agree, these griefers are discouraging new players.
    Level-Locking should be removed completely. Anyone who disagrees is simply afraid of pvping at max level. Anyone can twink out a low level toon and kill newbies. It’s not healthy for the server.
  3. Ashn New Member

Yep,

No pvp going on anyway it's all player versus group currently, probably should adjust the fame rewards for pvp kills to reduce drastically for groups killing single players or anything over a 2v1 should apply a negative fame reward.
    Raeven, Kittybock and Siren like this.
  4. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

they should just remove fame. Its the only thing motivating the sweatys to do this stuff.
    Sixgauge, Melt and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

This happens on every single pvp server. Bunch of level locked 14's preying on newly minted 10's. We've taken to mentoring our newbies and getting them past DLW
    Kittybock and Breanna like this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

In a forum first, I actually agree with you: Get rid of level locking altogether. No more shutting off adventure XP, or discovery XP, or quest XP at any level whatsoever. Tier 2 locked twink griefers are emptying out the server, which leaves players from t3 all the way to cap with almost no one to PvP with.

If t2 PvP is disabled, then t3 will become the new locked twink griefer hotspot. It's the locking and twinking itself, not the leveling tier, that throws everything off balance and makes so many players quit the server.

Right now, t2 locked twinks get hundreds of kills in before they're forced out of t2 and must reroll or play alts. (The devs said "no level locking," but in effect it's still there.) Most griefers even follow L10s/11s/12s on Antonica griffons to respawn points and kill them right away again while they've still got death debuffs. Locked twinks are endless griefing machines.

I've talked to many Qeynos newbies; none of them can even make a dent in orange locked twinks, not even with Brigands. A lot more talk about it in chat. They're all disgusted, and say they're quitting.

(Lowbies also unwittingly get killed by mentored L70s, or highbees like L50s/60s/L70 players that stand right in the middle of lowbie t2 fights, waiting for an errant AoE to hit them so they can one-shot the whole grey enemy team. Other mentored groups use AoE spillovers to kill unmentored groups in dungeons, even when the unmentored groups don't attack them first. Let's hope the June 8th patch fixes those problems, and hopefully eliminates the ability to level lock as well.)
    Proto12, Florenznight and Kittybock like this.
  7. Bigdumper New Member

I agree, remove pvp in these zones and let newer players who have less time to play or started late get caught up. There are quite a few twinked locked 14's on both sides and it has to be miserable for players starting late.

Another beneficial option if you don't want to remove level locking is to increase the exp gained from pvp at lower levels significantly, as another poster mentioned it takes hundreds of kills in that tier to level where as at 60-65 killing someone can be anywhere from 10-20% exp each.
    Florenznight likes this.
  8. Swede New Member

100% agree. It is ruining the longevity of the server. Remove all options to disable experience gain, period.
    Siren likes this.
  9. Frostfang Member

Suggestion: git gud ;)

AKA geared, it is super easy to get geared in near or best in slot in tier 2. Stop being blue.
    Zamza likes this.
  10. Satyr Well-Known Member

Nearly everyone in this thread almost exclusively PVP at 70. I'd suggest if you're one of the people griefing new players in groups, you need to get good.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Forcing your character to stay in t2 is like trapping a character in one Battleground forever. Many people (like me!) want new ground under their feet throughout the tiers, with new skills and new drops coming constantly, while questing, PvPing, crafting and playing the whole game to cap.

Freezing yourself as an orange t2, while collecting every bis item and every t2 Master, then endlessly two-shotting new green L10s with t1 gear and t1 apprentice/Adept spells while you take no damage, even following them to respawns and killing them again while they have the death debuff isn't "gitting gud." It's player abuse, with zero risk to you.

This behavior has zero to do with blue or red. It has to do with being an endlessly abusive player to the point that locked twink griefers are emptying out our new server.
  12. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

while gearing up and getting spells is more of a time sink than a challenge, I think that there is something to be said about the majority of people in T2 playing the classes that are currently overpowered in PVP, and this doesn't even touch on the pay to win market items they are selling this time through and how they affect PVP balance. For instance a dirge or mystic isn't going to have much fun right now dealing with open world PVP in the beginning. Its just not going to be a fun experience unless you know PVP well, and have friends to do everything with. Some people are just trying to play a bit after work, and have yet to become part of a guild that has people to group with.

And yeah yeah, I know, get better, get friends yadda yadda. In the end this mentality is just going to make this server even shorter lived( and I have a feeling that this is the last iteration of PVP they do). You can already tell on Q side that this time around there is a noticeable level of scarcity when it comes to pug groups, and even more clique based guilds around.
  13. Fulton Active Member

Before the server becomes a ghost town I would change it up a little. I would remove level locking, make pvp kills award 100% server bonus xp, and bring back writs. The writs would be 5 kills for a turn in but you get tradeskill xp. Double xp for pvp plus leveling crafting cause crafting is boring af. We have done this content for years. Let's speed it up and get to pvping.... I would maybe even suggest a 10$ subscription that allows for TLE/Event servers.
  14. Fulton Active Member

Or why not just 100 server bonus on adventure,crafting,and status permanently, I mean why not??
  15. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Seeing someone with a Dreadnaught or other advanced title at level 14 (locked, twinked, etc) is not anywhere near as impressive as that same title at max level. One-shotting bright green conned new players because you are geared to the teeth doesn't take much in the way of skill.
    Florenznight, Siren and Des hen like this.
  16. Frostfang Member

I fail to see how pvping on a pvp server is "abusive". Server clearly says PVP. Way I see it, people that don't like getting obliterated at the start and wanna quit over it, aren't gonna like getting obliterated later on and are gonna quit then too. It's the same at the end of the day.
    Zamza likes this.
  17. Kriptini Hard Member

I think part of the appeal of EQ2 PvP is being able to load up the game and start PvPing right away, so I would be against outright removing PvP from Frostfang Sea or Darklight Wood. Regardless of that, level locking should have been removed anyways. For some reason, getting a PvP kill while having combat XP disabled results in massively reduced XP from that PvP kill. If you guys can't figure out how to make PvP kills always worth the full amount of XP, you need to turn off the ability to disable XP altogether.
    Zamza likes this.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

I have an alt where I pvp at 15with my group, but not really griefing. Primarily just fight other groups. I agree that level locking should go away though, that's just where the pvp is.
    Zamza and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  19. Kittybock Well-Known Member

IMHO, DLW is camped to the point of being silly. Full twink groups come through, just waiting for someone to ding 10. 6v1 is the flavor of the day. That being said, I really liked the suggestion someone made earlier about a reduced credit for a 6v1, and perhaps and more credit for an actual 1v1 or 2 v1.

Note: For this reason, I shiny-leveled one of my alts once she hit 9. I needed another low to mid-range toon to run with guildies, so took her to 9, then fed her shinies until she was past the level of DLW.
    Florenznight likes this.
  20. Matsuflex New Member

You will kill this server too with removing lvl locking.
    All you guys wanna pvp at 70, the majority of players does not. Get over it.