Suggestion: No PVP in DLW, Halas and City Zones

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Satyr, May 31, 2021.

1. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

You can get some level 10 gear in game easily enough if you put in minimal effort.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

As has already been mentioned in this thread, locking requires freezing in the tier, and being unable to do anything but gather every bis item, and buy every Master in the cash shop. This isn't what many people want to do, it's just "less effort and less money spent on Masters in the lower tier" for you and other lazy griefers, than being locked at cap and twinking there would be. And at L70, you'd have to pick on somebody your own size for once.

The devs said "No locking" for a reason: because lockers are abusive griefers and their behavior empties out servers. When you say, in effect, "Well, you have to become an abusive griefer too, or else," that isn't the right answer to preserve server life.
  3. krokous Member

no
    Raeven likes this.
  4. Fulton Active Member

Its already slowing down in dlw, messed around for a few last night and only saw 1 pvp. On my lvl 30 i also did harvest cloak quest in nek and ts, and some questlines in zek and el and only found 1 pvp fight. On Saturday I ran a new toon through the whole dlw quest line without a single pvp fight.....
    Siren likes this.
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

What the hell did I say about locking? I just pointed out that level 10 gear is easy enough to obtain.
  6. Raeven Well-Known Member

The problem isn't level locking. People (including me) want to level lock to increase AA's in relation to level. And that has NOTHING to do with it being a PvP server -- I was doing that on live servers before there was an AA slider bar. Everyone thought I was crazy for doing it back then, but it made my toon stronger at a lower level.

The problems are:

1) Too much level discrepancy in who you can attack. I mean, 6 levels, really? Even 4 in DLW is too much. IMO, it should be no more than 2 levels EVERYWHERE. I fail to see what 4, 6 or unlimited accomplishes other than encourage players to prey on those weaker than them, which is not PvP, it's just bullying, IMO.

2) Allowing groups to attack single players.

Put those together and what do you have? Groups of 2 or more attacking single players 4-6 levels beneath them. The single player doesn't have a chance in Hades of winning those fights. How is that fun for anyone (except bullies)?
  7. DENSER Well-Known Member

Bosses Should take the time to put themselves in the shoes of their employees, to realize the arduous nature of their work.
    Does the same apply to video game developers? Are they playing their games?
  8. Obano Well-Known Member

You know back in the day, low level zones had 8 level ranges. That was when EQ2 supported 5 PvP servers (Nagafen, Venekor, Vox, Darathar, and Harla Dar) and PvP was plenty popular. The most dangerous thing to a new low level character is a twinked out level 14. But back in the day those twinked 14 weren't really a problem because they were easy pickings for higher level twinks at level 22 who could hit the level 14s. This kept their numbers in check and there weren't really a lot of people who locked under level 20. The action was in the mid 20s. The narrowing of the pvp range from the original 8 to 4 is what created T2 level locking PvP.
  9. Paleale Member

If you ever experienced Archeage Unchained, that type of pvp was entirely manageable, people played and leveled, no level locking possible, different zones rotated thru various levels of "conflict" which allowed factional pvp peace (no pvp allowed) up to "War" which allowed unrestricted pvp (any player could pvp any other player). there were no rewards for any kill below a certain level range ever... you could still kill them, just never any reward for it (except fishing, which was a fun way to make cash).. pvp raids were common, and the rotation of zone conflict level allow you to time your quest/timeline runs...

I don't know if the mechanics would allow for the a similar method of scaling pvp..
  10. Raeven Well-Known Member

No, I don't know about back in the day, because I never played on those servers.

Things change. The population of EQ2 players changes. The game needs to adjust accordingly.

Most notably, there are far fewer EQ2 players than there were back in the day, and even fewer PvP players. If PvP players want their server to survive, concessions need to be made to make it fun for players who are not hardcore PvP players from back in the day.

A good example is removing hostile PvP targets from tracking. I think that is great! Levels the playing field a little more for races and classes that don't have tracking ability. And that is new, because on the last PvP server I played on hostile PvP targets were trackable.

Without new blood Tarinax will go the way all the other PvP servers have gone. If the new blood quits because getting gang ganked by players 4-6 levels above you is not fun, then Tarinax is doomed.

I really fail to comprehend why there is so much resistance to reducing the attackable level range and not allowing groups to attack single players. If those changes went into effect, would it really ruin the fun for the hardcore PvP players? If so, why?
  11. DENSER Well-Known Member

Because if u change the attackable level.
    Why players would buy that velious crate now, with those speed boost and mount inside, To flee or something else?
    It is counterproductive.
  12. DENSER Well-Known Member

More the range is more the solo player will maybe want to purchase itemsto be able to survive.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  13. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I think this is exactly right. I've commented in another thread that back in The Day, when the pvp server was new, everyone was going through the learning curve together which evened the playing field. Now you have 17 year EQ2 veterans playing against people who just started the game for the first time. Good PvP moves fast, both attacking and retreating. They don't know all the locations, tricks, how to get around even. If you want them to stay, you have to give them a chance.

Being able to easily kill a player that cons green to you gives an unearned sense of feeling powerful, not to mention fame or infamy points toward titles. It's a false sense of uberness, and somewhere in their souls they've got to feel like complete frauds. They should pick on someone their own size - but then they'd have a real fight to do, not just a one-shot.
    Raeven likes this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, to this day on Tarinax, all Scouts still do in fact have enemy Player Tracking. The races that have tracking do not (only friendlies show in racial tracking). Allowing Player Tracking for Racial Tracking would be the thing to level the playing field, especially for all the 3rd rate PvP classes.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I do not care to much about getting killed by much higher level players in those open no level restriction zones as long as they don't get a reward or loot , after all I do take shinies from under their nose and harvest the bush they where heading for :p:D
    I have to agree with others that just because you can kill somebody encourages trolls and people with a mean streak ( kill that little harvest toon )
    People who really like pvp like to feel accomplished , they feel proud for defeating a formidable opponent
    Playing whack a mole is not my idea of what pvp should be .
    Raeven likes this.
  16. Raeven Well-Known Member

Really? Ok, now I am going to have to roll a scout to find out for sure.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I remember that from Nagafen and Deathtoll Racial tracking is useless for PvP
  18. Tails118 New Member

It will help if the whole "PvP" stuck... Person vs person or Player vs Player...... NOT Group vs Person...... So if your in a grp you can not attack a solo person..... group vs group yeah fine.... The server is full of mentored or full grouped targeting solo players
  19. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

We went round and round with this concept arguing what it was. To the solo person being killed by a group it was a hugely unfair advantage. To the group maurading around looking for fights, it was 'we don't want to leave anyone out and let's go see if we can start something' to the point where we almost accidentally ended up a x2 raid in Sinking Sands. It's uneven this way based on server population and pvp focus, but I do agree getting stomped on the regular by a huge group isn't really fun.
  20. trollanfrog Member

You would like this server to die as all the other server did just to please yourself?
    This server hangs on a very fine thread already, there is barely any pvp most of the time at all. If it lost it's low level pvp it would basically be a useless server.

All the freeps and Q's at high level sit around the city and do absolutely nothing but PVE content and maybe come out every one in awhile to fight someone. That goes for literally all of them including exile. Boring at lvl 70.