Suggested Priest Fixes, specifically Mystic & Defiler:

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jinkies, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Luzionist Active Member

Buffrat what is the CS2 you are referring to?
  2. Arieste Well-Known Member

that would depend a great deal on what the fixes were. changing the useless RoA spell to a raid-wide AE block is one way of fixing it, changing it to a self +WIS buff is another. Those two random examples are both "fixes" to an AA, but with vastly different degrees of how close they get to restoring priest balance.
  3. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Klandicar. The first mob where people started being all like, zomgz 4 druids.
  4. Mktavish01 Member

That would be nice to have a group ward or reactive act like a group heal ... sometimes ...

But are ya'll willing to give up the boon of having a group ward/reactive not be able to have its full potential be delivered on a single target?

Is this ability total shism ... telling sony it is pew pew ...spit,couph .... need something else ?
  5. Kiry Active Member

At least group reactive gets usually 21 triggers unlike group ward which is usually gone in 1 hit.

People were all zomg for druids right at the start of ToV long before Klandicar because reactives also didn't trigger on a lot of junk...they fixed that for clerics so druids were not as pertinent on other stuff leading up to Klandi anymore but on Klandicar TShell is still better than TP just because of it's duration as it can reliably get 2 and 3, not just one of them. Also initially druid was preferred on Klandi cos reactives sucked, now they don't so other methods to heal it are more viable than when it was first killed provided you have the right set up to reliably block other whatever TP dun get.

Making RoA a raidwide AE blocker would be rediculous OP. Also Mystic myth buff gains benefit from WIS (as does fury and templar) so if changing that for other classes then you'd have to compensate.
  6. Arieste Well-Known Member

those were completely fictional examples made up for the purpose of demonstrating the futility of evaluating an extremely vague suggestion such as "what if we fix AAs".
  7. jordash Member

Well also what about the old wuoshi and healer specific tree I think the dragon tree
  8. Arieste Well-Known Member

In what way would suggest that the Dragon tree - which is common among all healers - be changed so that it would drastically improve balance between the different archetypes? (i.e. make druids not longer best at everything)
  9. jordash Member

Is there really one class in this game the best at everything? I have found that this expansion Berzerkers are the goto for tanking, Fury healers are the goto healers for raiding and Assassin's are the goto for dps
  10. Arieste Well-Known Member

Among healers, Druids are best at DPS, best at Healing and best at Utility/Buffs. Among DPS, i see different classes on top of the parse in different situations and encounters. I don't play a tank, but we run one of each tank archetype and make good use of all them. So no, I don't really see it as one class being best at each thing, only druids being best at everything among healers.
  11. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I mean...no?

Druids were preferred because you completely broke the fight with TShell.
  12. Darkon Well-Known Member

We cleared all of ToV with 1 druid. After we finished ToV we did go up to 3. We cleared DM with 3, then went up to 4.
  13. Ebofu Active Member

Stop embarrassing yourself
  14. Arieste Well-Known Member

While i certainly appreciate what i am sure is your heartfelt concern about my reputation, i suggest you worry about the quality and quantity of your own contributions to the discussion rather than about me.
  15. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Inqs are the best ST dps, Furies are the best AE.

Channelers/Defilers/Templars are all better tank healers than Druids.

If you say anything but Mystic has the best utility you're smoking the crack.
  16. Mktavish01 Member

Every class has utility ... its just which abilities are flavor of the month. And coveted abilities change per content.

Ive got to say though ... the sony vision of a shaman is odd (chain armour) ... maybe this funky hybrid has run its course in human imagination?
  17. Kiry Active Member

Yes druids make everything E Z mode and reactives sucked which is why they were fixed to trigger on several encounters, Klandicar being one of them, templars did better on many than Inq cuz arcane ward awesomeness.