Subscription Rewards for EverQuest II

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Sep 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

are these rewards retroactive?
    I already use the 6 month payments for my accounts, even before these rewards, I alway paid well in advance since I personally dont care for monthly payments.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Kunaak wrote:
    Yes, they should be in your /claim. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-MyleeSilverwings Guest

I have been playing EQ games since 2000. In all those 10 years, I haven't posted on the forums a great deal, and when I did, it was to compliment and thank SOE for doing something great, or helping other players with advice.
    However, in the last month, my feathers have been ruffled ... and all due to my Station Access account.
    First, there was the nightmare that transpired when I tried out EQ2x ... where I lost all my expansions, all my rewards, and five characters. That was finally fixed after 3 days due to the tremendous help of the devs who do read these forums and responded.
    Then, I heard about the "platinum package" being offered to EQ2x players. 3 extra character slots, free expansions, free station cash. All for $260/year LESS than I pay for Station Access??????
    And NOW we have even MORE goodies and deep discounts offered to the Live subscribers????
    Hence, the following rant:
    This is so screwed! I have played EQ2Live since launch day, 2004. I have had a Station Access account for 5 years. People with regular live accounts are now getting SUBSTANTIAL DISCOUNTS for paying months in advance. SA people don’t get this option. Nor do we get expansions free, or anything else for that matter except 5 character slots and access to dying games that nobody plays anymore.
    I am a crafter, as well as an adventurer. That is what makes the game magic for me. I have all 9 tradeskillers maxed to 90, and 3 adventurers at 90 as well. So, who do I delete to get rid of the NO VALUE Station access account and obtain the "perks" offered to EQ2Ex and EQ2LIVE subscribers? Obviously, this is not an option for me IF I am to continue playing this game the way I have worked so hard to play it.
    I am also not going to pay the fees to transfer characters to a second account. I would lose all the future veteran rewards on the second account, as well as the inability to use heirloom items between my 12 characters.
    Where is the love for all the loyal Station Access people who have kept this game going for SOE??? Smokejumper says there will be no new/additional perks at all for SA account holders and yet they throw all this good stuff at new players and Live players?
    I’m sorry, I just don’t get this incredibly ugly slap in the face!
    /rant off
  4. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

So, the typo STILL hasn't been fixed.
    At this point I'm tempted to demand the six months get the horse.

For those who are angry about the station access not getting rewards:
    Kiara locked the other thread about it and said that these forums are not the place to discuss such things so a thread over at The Station boards was open and ignored on it. Here's the link.

http://forums.station.sony.com/stat..._id=11500017852
  5. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Good morning everyone! Back in the office today and my first order of business is fixing that typo. It should be updated momentarily.
    My apologies for the confusion. That's what happens when you try to do four days worth of work in one day, and all the proofreaders have gone home because it's 10pm, but you just have to finish up these last articles to leave for posting in your absence. Ooops!!
    And for those who already had multi-month subs -- yes, the rewards are retroactive. You should be able to do a /claim and find the corresponding rewards in your list.
    We also know folks are unhappy about the lack of similar rewards for Station Access accounts. It's something that is being looked at, but it's going to take some time. We do truly appreciate your loyalty and your business.
  6. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Are you saying we can discuss the Station Access not getting rewards on the EQ2 Boards?
  7. ARCHIVED-MyleeSilverwings Guest

Thank you Amnerys. EQ/SOE has been part of my life for so many years and I don't want to leave. But, this is not only about principle, it is about my hard-earned dollars and value in return for those dollars.
    This gives me hope, and I am more than willing to allow you the time you need to equitably resolve this blatant discrimination! Thank you for letting us know that at least we are being listened to!
  8. ARCHIVED-Allodoxa Guest

Sounds like I'm in the same boat as Tika.
    I have station acess because I've been an EQ/EQ2 player for years. I want that access to the other games. Though admittedly now it is mostly about having the extra character slots since I've more or less settled into only playing what I've considered to be the best MMO. With all of the crafters at 90, six 90 adventurers and two over 80...I'm not inclined to lose them! :( I have run two, thats right TWO station access accounts at a time, though I've let the other one go with time/money and not wanting to dual box.

I adore that mount. The armor is pretty sweet as well. Would've preferred vet rewards if they were going to be retroactive. Or put on the marketplace even. But no, EXCLUSIVE rewards for new players that pay for a year in advance. There's that whole feeling screwed for being a veteran with the new system. :( Idealy this would've been, yknow content we could've worked for in game! But the pretties now all go to the item mall...
    Guess it's time to cancel this account, buy a new one and start over for all the snazzy stuff!
    I feel as though I'm being punished for money I've already spent on SOE, mainly EQ2. Reasons being, the rewards were made retroactive. Which means that even if you've been paying for years, you paid more, and got nothing. Which doesn't make sense to me. Then there's the complete lack of acknowledgement for station access accounts. I am just shocked they didn't think of us beforehand or think that, oh yeah, that might make them unhappy.
    I have been on their side being understanding and patient for years. I feel completely shafted here and with the last GU. :/
  9. ARCHIVED-ravenkitty Guest

Payaz@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    yep. i feel the same too...i dont understand, how, EVERYONE else, (eq2x,and now the normal subs) got this so quicky...but nothing for SA accounts? im not going to cancle, just to resub, for a multi month deal either! i do not see why they are literaly FORCING multi momth subs to get rewards. when paying monthly(continuously for YEARS, i might add!) still have nothing, aside from the vet rewards...wich everyone gets, in time. here is my suggestion for SA/other live users. Do the rewards like VET rewards. IE:to get the 6 mos rewards, account MUST have been ACTIVE for 6 mos strait, the 1 yr rewards, one year active and so on...at least give us, that dont/cant pay that much up front a decent CHANCE for these rewards too....Please? ive had SA for years, and only use it for the extra slots. and if the person STOPS subbing to SA, ect, then they no longer get the SA rewards. just my opinion...and plea...
  10. ARCHIVED-Sola Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Thanks Amnerys. Station Access has been needing some love for a long time. I've only tried it once, but I just couldn't justify the extra cost since I only dabble on EQ1 from time to time (miss the 1st person point of view, necro kiting, etc...).
    Anyhow, a word of caution to management in regards to how you treat your existing player base. I know you are being pressured hard to draw in new money and people. However, DON'T forget the oil that keeps the engine running. Veterans are your bread and butter. If you forget that, then remember the fall of SWG's player base and ultimately income.
    I can not stress this enough! If you lose your vets in pursuit of new money than you're going to lose the whole ship! So please, focus your catering on us! And let the vagabonds who jump from game to game come and go.
  11. ARCHIVED-Fantasay Guest

The effects sound cool but looking at the items I'm a little flabbergasted. They just released one of the best looking armor sets for the game in the Marketplace the Dark Elf Heritage armor. Not to mention some of the other recent armors released this past year along with 2 brand new mounts the prowlers and the storm clouds. Yet the armor offered looks at least a couple of years out of style. The same goes for the mount it looks old school with a couple feathers, armor and some flames added.
    Why not offer a set of Marketplace armor I won't even say the latest just one of the 1k sc sets. The mounts I can understand at 2500 sc a pop they wouldn't want to offer them. But at least make it an Heirloom mount like the latest Marketplace, Sentinels Fate and Refer-a-friend mounts were. It is truly a nice feature.
    I won't say a bad word about the cloak. Honestly that alone seals the deal as the LoN cloaks with the growth ability are worth more then a years subscription fee in most cases.
  12. ARCHIVED-Pazu_Greenmist Guest

I agree I wish it was a pick of marketplace armor rather than that one set of leather or at least if it was 1 per character rather than 1 per account. It clearly states that its not though so I am not complaining just wishing.
  13. ARCHIVED-Iamken Guest

The only reason I have a Station Access accout is for the extra character slots in EQ2. I currently do not play any other SOE games. I would gladly take advantage of multi-month subscriptions if only there was a way to have the same number of character slots I have now....even if they were a one time purchase.
  14. ARCHIVED-iksee Guest

Does one get the items after the 1st billing or a few days?
  15. ARCHIVED-Kattya Guest

Amnerys wrote
    Well, fortunately, the way many players feel about SOE these days, there should be fewer Station Access accounts to worry about. I have been loyally playing and paying for multiple accounts for both SWG and EQ2 since both launched. Lately, though, I am spending a lot more time in SWG than EQ2, and if SOE doesn't stop slapping it's vets in the face, as someone above me so eloquently put it, I will not need those Station Access accounts for much longer.
  16. ARCHIVED-Aerfen Guest

I think it would have been better if instead of those 3 items, $oE had let us pick 1 mount, 1 cloak and 1 armor set from the already existing SC items...
    Who came up with the weird colors on that horse?!
  17. ARCHIVED-Allodoxa Guest

Mellia@Butcherblock wrote:
    Yeah..it's rather sad for me because EQ2 has always been home. However I have just not felt like playing at all lately. Between this and the last GU changes, a huge number of new bugs, and general push of station cash in my face(now I'm not enormously againt SC, I have bought things off the marketplace, I just think your prices are way out of line and forcing an item mall on us is just kind of annoying). I have been on my PS3 or other PC games during the majority of my gaming time, logging in for raids and that's about it. Just feel incredibly shafted, unwanted and ignored. I'm sorry to say I'm hanging by a thread. My friends in game are the only reason I stay now. :/
  18. ARCHIVED-Sola Guest

Payaz@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yes, this is what the current thought is with EQ2 management: "The vets will stay because of their friends staying." It's happened many of times before. Vets get fed up with being %#!^ on and whole guilds end up making a mass exodus when a new game hits the market.
    Hopefully, they'll wake from their dillusions of catering to the 'fly-by night' players and realize MMO's like EQ1, EQ2, WoW, etc.. keep making profits by building a better product and not by throwing 'bells & whistles' to those who don't pay for the game.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

I recently closed a Station Access account and paid the year in advance and was disappointed to see that the rewards that are available at 3, 6 and 12 month prepay were all bundled in one of the nice little boxes many sets and rewards come in. This works well for a set of armor or a bunch of odds and ends that are given to every character like veteran rewards. However, the horse , armor set and cloak don't match imho and I would have preferred to have them for different characters on different servers:( The horse for my main paladin is perfect and the cloak for a poor toon on extended would have been nice.
    Please rethink this setup.
    Thanks,
    Cloudrat
  20. ARCHIVED-Aardvarkus Guest

Couple questions. First, is this a one-time only thing or will we get another set of twelve month gear next year when we re-up our subscription? If not, can we get the three month, then when that runs out grab the six month, then twelve month and get goodies every time?
    Second, has anyone figured out what, if anything, the growth on the Cloak of the Storm stacks with? If it won't at least stack with the Harvest Cloak growth, I don't really see much reason to care about it when the latter offers everything of the former, and more still.