Subscription Rewards for EverQuest II

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Sep 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Did you know that multi-month subscription reward packages were recently introduced for the EQII Live servers?
    Buy more, save more! We're proud to announce an all-new subscription rewards program that really provides a bang for your buck. Purchase multi-month subscriptions and qualify to receive price discounts, exclusive in-game items and even Station Cash.

Read more.
  2. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Hey Kiara the webpage news release is wrong. It lists out six months twice rather then six months and then 12 months.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

When Amnerys gets back from Dragon*Con and can confirm that, we'll get it changed :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Sinea Guest

I'm curious if you have the station access how you could apply or incorporate the subscription rewards if you purchased up front?
  5. ARCHIVED-NamaeZero Guest

Sinea wrote:
    Once you have your account in Station Access mode, it won't allow you to purchase the multi-month plans.
    What you can do is cancel your recurring Station Access. Allow it to expire, then on that day you can sign up for the monthly plans and get the rewards. Then upgrade back to Station Access. You will have to do this whenever you want to to get access to the rewards. It is a major pain, but I don't know of any other way to do it. Hope this helps!
  6. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Sad to see that the items are only one per account, rather than one per character... :/
  7. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Kiara wrote:
    lol. You're kidding, right? This is what the news item says:

Then when you click on the link at the bottom that says Multi-Month Subscription Reward Packages, it shows the rewards for 12 month subscriptions to be exactly what the last one in the news article says.
    It's obviously a typo. Copy the 6 month line, add ", Steed of the Blazing Sun, and 500 Station Cash", post article. Oops. Forgot to change 6 to 12 for the last line.
    But if you want the news article to look silly until Amnerys gets back, that's obviously your call. :) But you gotta know, it's a typo, right?
  8. ARCHIVED-Eryn Bo'beryn Guest

Is it just me or are none of those pages actually showing you the details of the reward items? Like the mount speed, any stats, etc.
  9. ARCHIVED-NamaeZero Guest

The speed of the Mount is 70%, and it has 2% potency. No featherfall.
    The Cloak has both passive Featherfall and a clickable Growth effect that increases your size 34.1%
    The Armor crate has no stats at all, and is the usual Appearance-only flags.
    Every item is both Attuneable and Heirloom.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

NamaeZero wrote:
    This is more than a pain it's a slap in the face to the people who pay the most to play. Station Access should have a multi-month payment plan as well. Someone needs to start rattling cages higher up the food chain:)
  11. ARCHIVED-Ariellia Guest

Hi Kiara! A question: My husband and I both already subscribeD to the EQ2 yearly subscription plan before this was announced. Is there any way we will be able to get access to these cool rewards? Are will we have to wait until next year?
  12. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Aeyri, from what I understand, they should be retroactive. see if you can /claim them already
  13. ARCHIVED-melanie66 Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    This. I really don't feel like jumping through hoops.
  14. ARCHIVED-NamaeZero Guest

Enica@Blackburrow wrote:
    Don't hold your breath on this changing anytime soon...
    *source link*

Amnerys wrote:
    The people that can fufill your wish, i.e. the Platform team... They live back in the Kunark era as far as development time goes. That's more than two Lead Developers ago.
    Personal opinion here: The value of Station access dropped out a long time ago. You used to get a lot of free perks (EQ2 Players, Adventure Packs,) but now everyone gets them. SA is only worthwhile if you play other Station games. If not, you're better off buying another account and having 2 total more character slots and multi-month rewards for a monthly fee that's actually slightly less depending on what multi-month package you use.
    The death knell of SA will be on the day they allow linking accounts, which is why I don't think they will do that anytime soon, either.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

NamaeZero wrote:
    Nice of you to decide what is valued lol All those slots are also 6 year vets which, if they were moved onto a new account
    to get even more slots to skip the SA, they would lose. Playing on the test server means they can't be moved anyway or be copied to extended. Your logic is flawed but, that being said now that I have lost vanguard test toons and housing it's looking less desirable so now comes the time to decide which toons to say goodbye.
  16. ARCHIVED-NamaeZero Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    You wouldn't lose any veteran rewards you had already claimed. You would lose access to getting any in the future, of course.
    And I meant Station Access viewed as a whole. Of course any of the #8-12 characters you created will have value to you. That doesn't mean SA itself is worthwhile. You would have been better off starting those character on another account, given that you knew SOE would be scaling benefits this way. Is that a better way to put it?
  17. ARCHIVED-Allodoxa Guest

So those of us who have been paying for, say station access for years get nothing? And I can't get the mount without canceling a month, paying for a year regular subscription, losing a pile of characters in that process. Then upgrade BACK thereby paying, still more, than everyone else?

Sad panda SOE.
  18. ARCHIVED-abbneer Guest

How about a subscription pack or somthing for us that have more than one account?
  19. ARCHIVED-Anastasie Guest

Where are the extra character slots for multi-month subscriptions?
    The platinum account has 10 slots, so the yearly account should have the same (the fluff items are just that and are in no way equitable with the platinum account). You should also give 9 slots to the 6 mo. sub and 8 slots to the 3 month. Any extra slots wanted above and beyond that could be purchased individually on the marketplace (for a reasonable amount).
  20. ARCHIVED-Sola Guest

Kiara wrote:
    This is great!!! I prefer to purchase the longer subscription packages even though I don't play EQ2 as much. It provides cost savings and something keeps me coming back for more even with all my gripes and complaints.
    However, I do have to agree with those who have shown upset about Station Access. I have an EQ1 account that I would dabble with if SA had savings plans for those of us who prefer to buy longer term access plans at a reduced rate. It would be nice to see those who pay for SA get some love and it would also draw those like me back to Station Access.