Stealth Mit nerf

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Syneofeternity, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Kraetec Active Member

In my opinion, both of these questions deserve a developer response.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

The lower mitigation than on live is one of the methods used to make the mobs harder to steamroll through. Rather than tweaking all the mobs, mitigation got tweaked.
  3. Lolnope New Member

No one is using Ebon Chain/Plate on TLE because the Lavastorm gear is vastly superior in mitigation. This is an unfair comparison.

Furthermore, I think mitigation is fine how it is. I initially didn't think so, but then learned a lot about other classes that give mit buffs IE; crusaders, conjurors, etc. Our tanks are hitting 53% mit easily with full buffs, clickies, buffs, etc. Ignore the other posters, they have no idea what they are talking about. The real problem isn't that though.

Also the Lavastorm gear, sans a few pieces, beats the crap out of T5 Fabled. Fix that, please. Example with chain:

[IMG]
  4. Syneofeternity Member

So pretty much your telling me that you have created these objects(aka armor) that in the game world have no correlation or idea of what "type" the armor is...you honestly can't reference the armor and do a by type percent reduction to its given mitigation values?
  5. Syneofeternity Member

How bout you link a picture of your tanks reaching 4k+ mitigation which is what it would take to get 53% mit without using any temp buffs
  6. Belenos Well-Known Member

Never realized just how much I love my live server!
    HAPPY DANCE TIME!
  7. Lolnope New Member

[IMG]
    These are included. This is with temps and clickies.
  8. Hyiero Active Member

Btw your picture link is broken and 53% with temp buffs and clickies is pretty much a joke seeing that swash can be at a much higher resting mitigation and avoidance level than that of a plate wearer.

I don't think people are saying they care that the change happened, they just want an equal balance to happen to all classes so a set of classes isn't gimped.
  9. Syneofeternity Member

Here I'll show you the problem.
    [IMG]

The exact same group makeup, just a ranger, guardian and a warden. Ranger is in all treasured gear and the guardian is in all legendary. Ranger has more mitigation and a hell of alot more avoidance. If you want percentage the Ranger is sitting at 41% mitigation and 58% avoidance where the guardian is sitting at 40.8% avoidance and 36% avoidance. If you don't see the issue with this than I don't know what to say. I don't think anyone cares that they want to make content harder or nerfing values but it should be done the right way.
    neverlefthanging likes this.
  10. Maec New Member

Because DBG should pay attention to someone that is posting pics of Chain gear, when people who actually play tanks are putting up information and examples of actual plate wearers that are NOT making it to the %'s you are talking about. I'm sure you are enjoying your time in the sun being able to hit harder and live easier now.
  11. neverlefthanging New Member

Thank you for highlighting the exact problem I have with this current "working as intended" design.
  12. Kendayar Active Member

and no stances, and no cooldowns, and no defensive buffs, and no reliable method of managing hate. all the baddie tanks not playing over this are doing everybody else a favor.

i also don't know why people expect tanks to be mit capped on anything not full fabled either.
  13. Slant Well-Known Member

There's more to the mit of a class then just the gear they wear.

[IMG]

There's the mit difference and then some.
  14. Syneofeternity Member

You've completely missed the point, which is no shocker that people don't read and understand what everyone is saying in a multiple thread post. As it has been said multiple times, the tanks aren't upset in the fact that their mitigation values got nerfed it is more so the fact that somehow they have managed to allow other classes to be at the same level as them or surpass them in the tanking department. And let me correct you in saying swashbuckler has a defensive stance and has reliable method for managing hate. Give them hate transfer and they won't ever lose it while having a greater base mitigation and avoidance than any "fighter" class in the game.
  15. Caith Developer

The question being answered specifically stated mastercrafted gear with no buffs, as you can read in the quoted portion of my post. We have already covered the fact that the issue stems from buffs that have been changed over the years, not from gear.

Nerfing all scout, mage, and priest mitigation granting buffs isn't going to be done "off the cuff" or without careful planning.
  16. Kendayar Active Member

nah i know exactly what the point is. you just don't know when a better player is posting. lemme know when your pro swash tanks or even offtanks vox and i'll join you in screaming that fighters are finished, bankrupt and dead.
  17. Nanvel Member

I don't know about other people but I am certainly not in favor of nerfing anything for scouts. All I want is fighters to go back to the mitigation is was back on *server* release.
    neverlefthanging likes this.
  18. neverlefthanging New Member

I think the problem a lot of people have is that there is only a 6% mitigation gap between chain and plate before any buffs are applied. If plate were to return to where it was in terms of the difference between the armor types, buffs wouldn't be an issue. Is this a problem on Live? I don't remember there only being a 6% mitigation gap between the 2 on live. So if the mit nerf on TLE was equal across the board why is this a problem now? What changed?
  19. Hyiero Active Member

Things are still easy in terms of tanking. I would just like to see the problem addressed before we advance further in the timeline
  20. Syneofeternity Member

And once again missing the point since not in a single post did I say fighters are dead/finished/bankrupt. I actually originally started this thread to just get a clarification from the devs that there was in fact another intended nerf and it wasn't just a bug.

But as I said early. I do not expect you to understand, nor read all the posts in this thread. You come in, read the title, a couple posts at the end of the thread, and then go about your marry way acting as if you grasp the full extent of the subject being discussed. Far superior player, please teach me your ways. And my response to whatever comment that you make up to reply back to my post I say, "Good day to you sir".