Stealth Mit nerf

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Syneofeternity, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Hyiero Active Member

Don't know if troll or just plain dumb...50 Guardian, sitting in full legendary, 8.6k hp self buffed ad my mitigation is at 41% now which is was at 57%. Which 57% isn't OP by any means, still almost 20% away from the cap. Idc about people who had 75% at low levels or whatever I am talking about end game. And not even getting into the fact that plate felt it the worse by far again.

Before the nerf with a raid type MT grp, temp/warden/dirge. Pulled Vox just to see what she was hitting for in perma, was auto attacking for 2.5 to 3k. That wasn't gonna be a walk in the park before the nerf, now with the nerf you can forget about plate tanking that. Also with group buffs my avoidance as a guardian is 4% higher than my mitigation...dunno if you think that is working as intended. But I'm pretty sure that is just stupid.
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

Nope not a troll, as you can clearly see, I'm an ogre.

Just what we were told in several other threads about Mitigation. Just passing it on.
  3. Hyiero Active Member

What were you told exactly? And where? Cause all I saw in your posts was accusations of people rolling in treasured gear taking no damage at 50. Or that level 15's in WC shouldn't complain. I didn't see any type of reference to where any official source explained way mitigation was nerfed pretty much the way it was in beta which makes plate tanks a pushover. If you would provide such links to that explanation that would be appreciated...
  4. Slant Well-Known Member

If DBG wants to make things on TLE server harder then good on them, I like a challenge. But my troub having more mit then a better geared plate tank makes no damn sense.
    Hyiero likes this.
  5. Hyiero Active Member

^This. Totally fine with challenges, bring them on. But implement them the right way. Pretty please
  6. Darvos New Member

I am a 50 Zerker, sitting on 41% mit is pathetic, What I find even more baffling is that the improvement to fabled gear is pretty poor as well. There is a treasured BP that gives 30 less mit than a fabled item, both level 40 items, but because the treasured item has +2 defence it makes it the superior choice.

The problem isn't the mitigation, the problem is stat priority now looks like Defence>Mit/STA for tanking, DPS>AGI for DPS, and Ministration>Wisdom for healers. It would be nice to be able to solo a few green heroics again, back in early Eq2 it was like this, now I need a healer just to keep me alive.
  7. Kahleem Active Member

Guys this is clearly broken and a bug. Just report it and keep the discussion up there for visibility reasons.

OBVIOUSLY a bug, or bad code, was introduced on Tuesday breaking mitigation. My SK at 26 now has LESS mitigation than my Warden, and my Warden is wearing effing leather....and is less geared.

Seriously, what the heck :(
  8. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

So what are brawlers in your system...Chopped Liver?
  9. Hyiero Active Member

They are tanks and good ones. Brawlers were never MT's until recently on live but all tanks have always been able to tank group content. Except now plate tanks are weaksauce even in tanking group content.

But a Guardian is nothing if he is not a tank, guards dps is a joke. But both brawlers can put out rather good dps if not tanking.
  10. Kahleem Active Member

Why hasn't a developer commented on this yet?

A defiler, same level, same gear, is only 6% mitigation short of a tank.

What in the world is going on here?
  11. Deago Well-Known Member

Wardens on normal servers heal groups naked running around playing with foliage.:p
  12. Dixa Active Member

the problem is that all group physical mitigation buffs are flagged as !fighter, so guardian/zerker/monk/bruiser/sk/paladin get no benefit from them.

every other class still does, and MANY classes have these group buffs which all stack. it is possible to make a scout tank that is substantially tougher than current fighters because of this.
  13. Kahleem Active Member

Still no dev response....

To clarify:
    -Pre-Stealth Nerf our mitigation was debuffed (red) from being on TLE server. Instead of 700 i'd have like 582 (red).
    -Stealth Nerf introduced even MORE loss of mitigation as i went from 582 (red) to 400ish except it showed no color difference anymore.

So not only was a mitigation nerf applied on top of the previous nerf, but it was made "Server Default" for both TLE servers.

Yet there was no announcement regarding this nerf.

Why >:|
  14. Nanvel Member

Really hoping that they "might" fix this with the lag issue but, that may be too much of a stretch
  15. Kahleem Active Member

If this isn't fixed I don't see tanks being used for too long when a Monk has similar mitigation and can also rely on massive amount of avoidance.

Seriously, this might as well turn into EQ1-redux with mage tank pets being kind for Raiding (aka: dumb).
  16. Caith Developer

The server mitigation reduction effects all classes equally, it simply reduces the effectiveness of mitigation values, it does not modify how much mitigation a player receives. Non-tank classes sometimes having higher mitigation values comes entirely from buff changes over the years.

Reducing those buffs is not something we are taking lightly, so it will not happen overnight without due consideration.
  17. neverlefthanging New Member

Why does a chain scout wearing mastercrafted level 42 armor and a plate tank wearing master crafted level 42 armor, and both with no buffs have the scout with a higher mitigation?
  18. Caith Developer

Simple, they don't. A full set of Ebon Devout plate armor grants 2002 mitigation, which is 52.4 damage reduction on live, and 36.7 on the TLE servers. A full set of Ebon chainmail grants 1376, which is 43.3 damage reduction on live and 30.3 on the TLE servers.
    Neiloch, Errrorr and Deago like this.
  19. Aaramis New Member

So the Scout has 6.4 less mitigation than a plate tank, yet has quadruple the dps?

That's fair.....

Also, why does the TLE need to have lower mitigation than on live? I don't understand, and neither do a number of tanks that have recently shelved their characters and rolled dps until this is fixed.
  20. neverlefthanging New Member

I've said from the beginning I don't mind a nerf if all feel the same effect of it. But to have leather and chain out mitigate plate no matter the cause whether it being a bug, or due to buffs that dont stack on tanks etc. just boggles my mind. If they want to keep mitigation low great, but lower the other armors to an equivalent level so that with buffs etc... they are right in line with where they should be. If this turns out to be an issue that cant be resolved as it would affect the live servers then.....i have a whole host of things to say that i'm sure would get be banned.