Stealth Mit nerf

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Syneofeternity, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Syneofeternity Member

Did they patch in a stealth mit nerf, yesterday was sitting at 56% at 2400 mit and now today is at 41%, same with guildie. Not complaining just curious.
  2. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

3. Syneofeternity Member

Dread1313 likes this.
  4. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Something happened with mitigation. They posted something in the notes about mitigation. I don't really know the details about it. Im just a ranger that goes pew pew pew. Stop resisting my kindness.
  5. Dread1313 Active Member

Yeah I also didn't see anything in the patch notes regarding nerfing mitigation at all so I am not sure what Bulletcatcher is on about.
  6. Syneofeternity Member

Just wondering if we can get a dev confirm that this is working as intended and not a bug? Currently level 50 2600 points of mit = 41% mitigation, where yesterday it was 57%.
  7. Nanvel Member

I can definitely tell you this has hurt my paladin a bit in the tanking dept. I can adjust to the change but this was a significant nerf. I feel kind of bad for Guardians for this since they will feel the fullest effect from this.
  8. Hyiero Active Member

As a Guard I can definitely say that it has hurt quite a bit. With both temp defense buffs running I am at 3400 points of mit which is only 45.2% mitigation and without them I am at 2580 which is 40.9% mitigation. My mitigation is actually less than my avoidance as a guardian which is pretty funny. Would also like if a developer could let us know if this is working as intended and if they just added back in the straight mitigation nerf across the board like they did in beta.
    Slant likes this.
  9. Haldo New Member

Yeah, mitigation has taken a HUGE nosedive, almost like they're double applying the penalty now. The patch notes only reference that the text shouldn't be red anymore - there's nothing in there about doubling the amount of mitigation reduction happening on TLE.
  10. Ruublix New Member

Yup Stealth nerf. 50 Guardian gone down from 57% Mit to 41.5% and it hurts. What I also really don't like is the fact that Necro's nightshade pet's Tank better than any tanks on the TLS, It's embarrassing watching them solo tank mobs that kill you in just a few hits, these guys are soloing as good as 6 man groups. Wheres their nerf?
    Oh yeh something to do with the coding linked to the pets on live server so if they got a nerf on TLS they would also be nerfed on Live. So as it stands right now we just have to wait on a couple of xpacs before things even begin to balance out.
    I wonder how this is going to effect the player base,everyone will want pet classes and to rush xpacs out for more balancing.
  11. Wabit Active Member

Ok so it wasn't just me. My little solo ability got alot worse.
  12. neverlefthanging New Member

I would love a Dev response as to why leather and chain out mitigates plate.
  13. Kahleem Active Member

AH, ok so this wasn't just me seeing some weird stuff.

I went from capped at 75% on my newly twinked level 10 SK to 56%. Literally night and day tanking even when fully buffed IN defensive stance. We were wondering why I was taking so much damage suddenly, and why our bruiser was tanking better than me.

This REALLY is a critical issue, and has caused some serious PVE backlash.
  14. jZampage Member

This whole mit thing with plate is a complete joke. Utter lunacy.

The game's designated MT's - Guards/Bers for the most part (although Pally's/SK's feeling the pain too), are completely useless right now and nerfed into the ground for some full ****** reason.
  15. neverlefthanging New Member

Sure would be nice if there was a dev response. If nothing else "we are investigating" "working as intended" "sorry you're SOL" "Brigand is the new MT" anything..........
  16. Syneofeternity Member

Seriously, nerfed by a massive amount and not a word from the devs. Just fill us in, please and thank you.
  17. Vunder Well-Known Member

It's easy to figure out.

People in treasured items should not be maxed on Mit, running around tanking 50 mobs and not taking damage. Honestly, its just stupid. You should be taking A LOT of damage and using as much skill and patience as the rest of the entire server. You should have the same ability to die on dumb pulls as anyone. Not tank half of WC at level 15 and lost 20% health.

It wasn't a nerf, it was a fix. It was exploitable.
  18. Kraetec Active Member

No, tanks should not have the same ability to die on a dumb pull as everyone else. That's why they're called tanks.
    Jord, Belenos and Wurm like this.
  19. neverlefthanging New Member

Who said anything about treasured gear? It's not the overall % loss that bothers me. Plate suffered the nerf far worse, and now leather healers and chain scouts have a higher mitigation then tanks. Do you still think it's working as intended? I would be fine with the nerf if Plate Armor still had the highest mitigation of the 3.
  20. Vunder Well-Known Member

All these tanks QQing because they are vulnerable now. Makes me laugh. I thought it was a bug at first but I dealt with it. It makes the game more fun.