Some questions...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Barak, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Barak Member

Oh well...
    The godamn recipe is not translated! No wonder, that I can't find it, when searching after the german words.

In other words:
    The daily wants on a german client a "Verblasste Verzierung des Schutzes (stärker)", but in the recipe book it is listed as "Adornment of Guarding (Greater)". Wtf?
  2. LordTiras Well-Known Member

If you're looking to save adorning materials while leveling the skill, I would suggest the very tedious but inexpensive manner of converting the materials into one another, back and forth. You slowly run out of them but it will make them last a lot longer. If you have platinum to spend, buy some Mana or Infusions that are level appropriate on the broker, and make them into dusts. Then make the dusts into infusions, and repeat.
    Barak likes this.
  3. Barak Member

Thx for the hint, although I read that already somewhere ;)

Imo the most inexpensive way to level the adornement skill, is by just doing the task/work jobs given by one of the npc's. I called em dailies so far, but they can be done repeatedly and you are given all mats needed beside the coal, which can be bought from a nearby trader.
    That's how I leveled my new chars provisioner job to around 40 so far within 1 day.
  4. Barak Member

Yesterday I saw within the patch screen that limited time offer (50% off to altar of malice). Unfortunetly I don't find a link, where the actual price is shown and/or where to buy it. I always land at the daybreak-site again (and yes, I have an account there, but when clicking on "expansion" I land again where I started...).
    Within the game I only found a "buyable" object, that redirects to the web page aka the daybreak-site.

So, can someone give me a link please? o_O
  5. Enoibia Well-Known Member

6. Barak Member

Yeah, I know that page. But where do I click on it to get a price and maybe the ability to buy? Even if I am logged in at daybreak, I can't continue to make a purchase.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

From that link, when you log in you should be shown a large Rum Cellar Campaign graphic with 3 different purchase options. Rum Cellar alone (on sale for $7.50), Rum Cellar + Altar of Malice (on sale for $25.00) and Rum Cellar + Alter of Malice CE (on sale for $47.50). Each of those options has a Buy Now button below it. (The pricing options are displayed even if you are not logged in, btw)

Note, Rum Cellar alone is only for those who already own Altar of Malice. You cannot access the Rum Cellar zones without having that expansion.
  8. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Do you not see something like this when you click that link?
    [IMG]

load of text telling you what you get here

[IMG]

Make sure at the top you are on the releases tab.
  9. Barak Member

I'm logged in and if I visit the link, for me it looks like this:

https://imgur.com/njVKk6s

No prices, not clickable. Same for Altar of Malice...
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

That looks like a browser issue. But I can't tell you more than that.
  11. Barak Member

I thought so aswell. Opened the page with IE instead of Firefox, looks the same....
    Oh well, then I don't buy anything. It's too early anyway to think of level 95+ content.
  12. Adevil Well-Known Member

I'm using Firefox 40.0.3 and no issues.

Edit: of course it just decided to update itself.
  13. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I just tried it in Firefox, too, and it works fine. Could it be some extension or add on, or a firewall issue? Have you tried deleting your browsing history, cookies, etc, to see if that makes a difference? I'm clutching at straws here.

Update: After Firefox updated (I don't use ff as my usual browser) I managed to see this very briefly and using the refresh button I was able to create it and hit the prtscr quick enough to capture it. I'm assuming it says the same as what yours does. It did automatically resolve itself into the correct working screen though.

[IMG]

Have you tried using the "reader view" next to the refresh button to see if you can get to it that way?
  14. Barak Member

The "reader view" doesn't show the links I need aswell.

I checked now, if cookies are allowed (positive) and the site is able to execute scripts too, besides I deleted the web cache.
    No clue, what else I could do. I simply wait until they offer that stuff ingame and until I need it. I'm currently 56, so, way to go ;)
  15. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I would be nice for you to get it at the sale price, though.

I got the links when I tried the reader view. I know you've tried ie, have you tried chrome? Other than that, I'm outta ideas, sorry.
    Barak likes this.
  16. Barak Member

I installed chrome and now it works. Thank you, Enoibia ;)
    HaphazardAllure, Enoibia and Adevil like this.
  17. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Yay! I'm so pleased for you, Barak. :)
  18. Barak Member

Uhm, free after Monty Python, now for something completely different...;P

I don't find any good/useful hints for the button mashing/rotations...aka...the fighting system.
    I play a berserker (level 57/186 AA). If I use a skill, it's for really tiny damage. Most damage seems to come from the auto attack, but that only with luck, since there is a wide range between minimum and maximum damage.

Usually I start a fight with a range attack, followed by the "victory chance-skill", which I still not understand. It makes a wheel appear, but it doesn't matter, when I activate one of those blinking skills, nothing special happens nor is the damage output raised. So, I guess, this is a party-skill, which wants party-members to react? In other words, it is totally useless to me, since I play solo...

I saw a video on youtube from a level 90+ berserker-player (), who seems to have sorted his skills by color (blue, red, yellow, green). Why? What does that mean?

Personally I sorted my skills by buffs (skills, that have to be activated only once and then never again usually). Then I got a sh*tload of skills, which raise hate towards me (imo useless since I play solo). Last of my skill-groups is the red skills. I use these to inflict tiny damage, before or after auto attack triggered (yes, I enabled the autoattack bar) and while that victory-chance is active.

To be honest, I have no clue, if it is good or bad what I am doing lol. But I have no real problems with mob bashing. I have to use a healer merc only occasionally so far, when doing certain instances.

If you have some advices for me, please do so....I appreciate any help ;)
    Ah, if you wanna see my brat beforehand: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1292788844047
  19. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, I got my Berserker to level 93 without understanding the fighting system, I really should look into how the auto attack system works someday. :oops:

About the tiny damage, you have to keep the skills updated.
    Some of those spell books you're selling should be usefull as better versions of what you have.
    Or you can buy books and essences on the broker.
    What I did was to make my Berserker a tailor so I could make myself bags and my second character an Alchemist so she could make spell upgrades for the Zerker.

Also weapon upgrades help and have you looked into adornments?
    You can make any character an Adorner, it's an extra crafting skill you can have as well as a main crafting profession. It used to be a good thing to start as early as possible since you need to break down a lot of level appropriate level junk equipment to get the materials to level up the adorning but now days there seem to be adorner crafting writs at the crafting centers.

About the Fighting Chance button, it works both solo and for groups, when you use one of the blinking skills another group of skills start blinking and when you use one of them you get the extra effect.
    I'd suggest separating the skills in the first group from the ones in the second so you can make sure that you have some of each available at the right time, I remember there weren't very many in the second group at the lower levels.

Have you been spending your AA's on appropriate skills?
    (The book icon in the middle of the five to the right of the experience bar.)
    Barak likes this.
  20. Barak Member

Thanks for your reply, Haxalobular ;)

Well, as said, I have no real problems with mob bashing. The only thing that disturbs me, is that it takes 3-5 auto attacks plus using skills for a normal mob (aka no heroic) on my level, before it turns to dust. I don't even have problems when I am surrounded and get attacked by 10+ foes (unless they are heroic *cough*).
    The fighting does not impart a good feeling. I mean, if I swing a twohanded axe and the health of the enemy drops by 0,2 mm, when using a skill, this does not feel...right. I would expect it the other way around: That skills inflict a 2 cm loss in health and not the auto attack.

Yes, I started researching skills as soon as I was allowed to. And of course I used skill books, whenever they were for my class, all others I sold on the market (well mostly). But this makes for me no sense for lower tiers of skills. A grandmaster I is usually worse than an adept V.

I did not stick any adornement on my gear yet, cause for me this is a waste on my level imo. My gear still changes too often. Well, whenever I get a better piece from a quest or as monster drop, I wear it and transform the old piece to raise my transformation skill.
    If I do not find a better piece of gear/weapon (only with better dps) within 10 levels, I buy from the market, if something is offered.
    For gear I only wear stuff that grants strength, stamina and agility in the first place and of course it has to be plate armour.

As crafting profession I chose carpenter, due to the same reason as you: for boxes. But tbh, this was a wrong choice since the market is flooded with that stuff. I bought already all the biggest boxes and bags I need, for me and my 2nd char, who is an inquisitor/provisioner (11/41). So yes, I already thought of making 2 other characters, just to craft heavy armors/weapons and/or skill books. On the other side, *if* I reach the end content someday, all I need will probably be already available on the market or is farmed by running instances. At least I guess so. I think, the best gear is not crafted. Or am I wrong?

My AA's are distributed automatically. I don't feel experienced yet to change that...

As I understand the auto attack system, every 10 seconds or so the character hits for massive damage (compared to using skills), especially if it is a multi attack. You can toggle the auto attack bar on/off in the option screen.
    If the bar is nearly filled, *don't* use a skill, since this can interrupt the auto attack (probably due to the character animation). And since you want more damage, the auto attack should always have your priority while you fight. When the auto attack came, use your skills.
    I usually turn in 3 or 4 normal skill uses before an auto attack, but that depends on the skills. Some have longer animation sequences and some sequences can be interrupted.
    In other games I always used the keyboard to trigger skills. This is not possible in EQ2 for normal human beings. So I had to learn to trust on my mouse movement....the only skills I start by keyboard are distance attack and the victory-chance.
    A small tip: The auto attack only triggers, if you marked an enemy. If it still does not trigger, the distance is wrong. Move a bit nearer (or a bit back for a distance attack) with w/s.