Some questions...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Barak, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Barak Member

Okay, I have been there (butcherblock mountains) already due to a quest, but decided to go for Nektulos first. And there I am more or less done now, only one heroic quest left for a very nice weapon. butcherblock is on my to do list simply because of the adornement-trainer. But for that I have to be level 20 crafter first afaik.

Is it possible to shorten the flight sequence of the griffins? Aka press a key to stop it completely and arrive at the target? Because it feels, that these flights take longer than running...
  2. Enoibia Well-Known Member

You can hit the space bar and jump off if the griffin flies over/past where you actually want to be but there is no instant travel option.

There are 2 quests in Butcherblock for leaper mounts - one adventure and one tradeskill. Do at least one of them because leaping saliraptors rock!
    Moonpanther and Barak like this.
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

I actually did that quest just a few days ago, and no Asilian diviners were there at first. I killed a bunch of the Asilian Vandals, and when the fairies respawned there were some diviners amongst them.
  4. Barak Member

Adevil, the diviner(s..actually there is only one) was not the problem, but the last step in the quest line.
    There is only one diviner around that small lake, which respawns every three minutes or so.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

I just ran through the lake area and killed 3 diviners in a row - they were definitely up simultaneously, because I saw them all at once in the same area just south of the path/north of the lake. They can spawn anywhere a Vandal does, just are less common spawns. Once the 4 are dead, all that is needed is to run back to Bone Lake and turn in the quest.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

7. Barak Member

Thx Katz, I used the chrono mage already, just to farm gear < level 10 at darkwoods (<3 to smash undeads ;P).
    Didn't know, that leveling adornement eats up *that* much of the mats gotten by transmuting...
  8. Barak Member

Uhm, since this forum is based on english, I tried to change my ingame text to english aswell (makes things easier for me, because locations/monsters are named different in german).
    Is there a way to do so without reloading 20GB or to start over with a brand new character on a different server? I just want ingame texts in english and *no* server change...
  9. Barak Member

...and the next question...
    Til now my AA-points have been distributed automatically (basic leveling profile - solo). A few minutes ago I got my 94th point and this point has to be distributed manually it seems. So, where do I have to click? It doesn't matter which bubble I doubleclick, nothing happens. Ofc I could switch mode at the bottom of the screen, but then the distribution is scrambled up...

What do I have to do? o_O
  10. Adevil Well-Known Member

It's possible that the next ability the AA point is to be used on costs more than 1 point. So if you want to stay with the automatic assignment of points, just earn a few more and I expect they'll get spent as usual.

I'm not in game right now so can't go through the steps to set up manual changes, but I do think you must go into build mode, make your change, and then commit. Someone will correct me if that's wrong, I'm sure.

Personally, I usually stick with the auto-spend until I hit level cap, but that's just me being lazy :D
    Barak likes this.
  11. Barak Member

Yes, that was it. When I reached the next level up, I got another point and the AA got distributed automatically. Thank you ;)
  12. Katz Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, you can't change the quest dialog and such to another language. You can change your UI to english but I don't think that was what you were wanting.
  13. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Barak, Have you thought of playing on an english server? And are you in a guild yet? Guildies will usually be happy to make you bigger bags and better gear if you ask nicely :D

They are also a good place for info and help on quests.
  14. Barak Member

Thx Katz and Edelphia ;)

No, I'm in no guild but thx to the tip from Adevil, I could buy all bags I needed from market. Now I got enough space, at least for the moment. I started another character yesterday just to have a provisioner. He is already crafting-level 30 lol.

Anyway, I have massive problems with daily adornement tasks. I took already three times a daily from Neriak, opened the bag with the mats, but I can't find the recipe in my book for that item. And yes, I bought adornement 1 (to 5) from the NPC at butcherblock mountains and scribed it already.
    The item is called (well, translated from german...): Faded ornament of protection (stronger).

In which recipe book do I find this? o_O "N" doesn't help, I deleted already all filters, but it still doesn't show up.
    My adornement level is 20/210 atm....
  15. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I believe the recipes for the dailies are automatically added to your recipe book. In English the name of the adornment recipe in the book is Adornment of Guarding (Greater), but in the quest helper it is Adornments of Guarding (Greater). It won't show up in the recipe book if searched for with the s on the end of adornment.
  16. Barak Member

I currently stand at a workbench. I don't see or can find this item in my recipe list.

The german text for the recipe I should do is: "Verblasste Verzierung des Schutzes (stärker)".
    If I check my adornement recipes, I only find: "Flackernde Verzierung...".
    If I check now the wikis, the prefix "flackernd" is part of the basic adornement recipe book 1. But the prefix "verblasste" is found in *no* basic or advanced adornement recipe book from 1-9.

This smells like a massive translation bug.
    But thats not all...

There is no recipe (in book 1) for guarding/protection ("Schutz"). Even if I search for stronger (or in my case "stärker") I find nothing, in combination with guarding/protection...*hmpf*
  17. Barak Member

...and there is no recipe added, when talking to the npc for the daily.
  18. Enoibia Well-Known Member

There is no text to say that a recipe has been added (or at least I don't see any). Are you sure you're looking at the unfiltered list and not the recently crafted?

I don't check my adornment recipes, I just type the item into the top search bar and it comes up.

ETA: However, having just checked out the mechanics of the quest on one of my toons, it appears that the recipe will only be available while you have the active quest. It is seemingly not a permanent recipe.
  19. Adevil Well-Known Member

All I can suggest for figuring out the adorning quest is to watch the crafting channel, and ask someone who seems helpful and is replying to questions in it.
  20. Edelphia Well-Known Member

For all my adorning recipes, I usually set up an adorning filter. The one you are working with does not have an icon like an adornment, but looks like a shield. It should be someplace among the max level recipes you have scribed. The icon can throw you off, since it doesn't look like a regular adornment.