Some questions...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Barak, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Barak Member

Hi, I'm new to the game and english isn't my mother language, so forgive me any mistakes/mistranslations please ;)

Sometimes I loot items, which are described as "unusual/uncommon" in green letters. What can I do with them? Only sell them to the npc or are they used for crafting?

Where can the items be sold, that raise guild points? You know, the things from the shiny objects on the ground, which may be collected.

How can adornements be crafted? o_O
    I took a (daily) quest in Neriak, but I have absolutely no clue, how/where these things are made...

Thx for your answers in advance. There will probably be more questions later on, since Google isn't my friend (or all wiki's don't provide the information I seek).
    Moonpanther likes this.
  2. Eradani Well-Known Member

- i'm not quite sure which uncommon items you're referring to

- status items: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Status_items
    selling collection items for status is new since the last time i played. the same merchants should buy them for status. However, collections give xp, aa, and some nice items so you can use your first of each one for collections (see J and Collections tab) and sell leftovers. Also, some collectibles are rare and sell for a good price on the broker

- adorning: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Adorning
    Ragedblood and Barak like this.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Greets and Welcome to the game!! By uncommon, I'm assuming you mean like some pelts etc that you get as drops that one would think should be used for crafting but are not. I usually sell them to the venders.

For shinies and collectibles, I normally find a city merchant and sell them there for the status points. Make sure you keep the first of all for yourself and your collections. And some can earn quite a bit of plat by selling on the broker.

There is an adornment trainer in Butcherblock. With the dailies, I usually get all three, transmuting, adorning, and tinkering. Unpack the crates and then there is normally a workbench next to the quest giver and that is where you will make the items. For adornments, you want to be sure to keep your transmuting skills up. The new daily help a great deal with that, but always check any gear you get that you won't use and see if you can transmute that. I never sell gear I can't use, I save it for transmuting and if I'm too low yet, I'll keep it stored until my skill is up high enough. As I said though, the daily transmuting quest goes a long way to helping you level your transmuting skill.

The items you get from transmuting can then be used to make adornments. Recipes can be drops or you can purchase them from the adornment venders.

I think I've covered the basics, if not, I'm sure others will fill in whatever I've missed.

Again, WELCOME to EQ2!

~Moon
  4. Barak Member

Thx, that helps me alot ;)
    Mitten, Seefar and Moonpanther like this.
  5. Barak Member

Okay, here is the next question:

If I sell stacks of items, for example 10 food and set a price, does that price apply to the whole stack or to a single item of that stack?
  6. Seefar Well-Known Member

The price is per item.
    Moonpanther and Barak like this.
  7. Barak Member

Hm, if I click the bank, automatically the character screen pops up. Why not my bags (b instead c)? Is it possible to change that somehow? o_O

Does there a modification exist, that directly shows the level of the quest, a npc wants to get fulfilled? It is really annoying to click through the dialogue just to learn, that it is too low, levelwise.
    And that leads directly to my next question: Is it possible to actually see in advance (or even at all), how much exp a quest grants?

I have the feeling, that there are absolutely no (or very few) lowlevel players around anymore. True?

Making money seems to be really difficult, since noone buys. I try to sell skill books, cause they seem to be at least not totally worthless (concerning the market check at least). And I undercut those, who are able to show off their shop adress (what is not possible to me, since I dont have the cash to buy suitable shopping cases...) by roughly 20-30% - what should make the deal profitable for both sides, at least for people who dont wanna make a journey...
    And yes, I read, that there are more profitable items. But my storage room at the broker is still pretty limited. I invested my first gold into bigger bags already. But for now I need them while travelling ;)
  8. Nero Active Member

Are you a free to play player? Silver, or Gold?

The answer to that question will likely dicatate the responses to some of your answers. As far as your bags and storage issues, I am sure there are plently of people who would be willing to help you out in game if you asked :) There are some very cheap Bearhide Backpacks on the broker, they are likely the biggest bags you'll need, and for a long time, I used to have them in both my character slots and in my broker.

Speaking of broker, you can unlock additional slots (up to 6 total) when you "purchase" a personal house. By purchase i mean go to your stating city and find the housing person. Your first house purchase is extremely cheap, if not free.

Honestly, half of the battle is having enough storage space to be able to carry all of the unk with you, the ohter hal is staying organized. Good Luck!
  9. Barak Member

I paid for all access, dunno, if thats silver or gold though...and I play a berserker (w/o merc), if that information is needed, currently level 32 (crafting level 17) after a week or so. I'm german, so I play on Valor...cause of a friend, who desperately wanted to play on a german server, but he quitted the game after 3 days ;P

Yeah, I got 6 slots at the broker.

I bought 2 or 3 of these bearpack hides (44 slots) already, but nevertheless, I am a player, who likes to "keep" things, preferably sorted (so i need bags for certain itemtypes). Who knows, when I need em myself ,P
    Moonpanther likes this.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

If you place boxes on broker you will get more slots to sell from ..
  11. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Hope my embedded answers help. :D
    Enoibia and Barak like this.
  12. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

If you speak English well, you may want to try one of the English servers or even the TLE servers (one is pve and one is pvp)

The TLE servers are time locked expansion servers where folks vote to progress to the next expansion. It is currently in the games first expansion and goes to lvl 50. There are none of the amenities that are on the normal servers. No guild halls, no prestige housing, no city festivals, no holidays, no flight, very limited quick travel and limited marketplace or cash shop.

AB is a fairly populated server and I'm seeing folks in lower areas but grouping is top heavy in that there isn't much until cap levels.
    Enoibia likes this.
  13. Barak Member

Thx Moonpanther, I want to play on a normal server right from the scratch ;)
    So, these "back to the roots"-trip isn't mine yet. Maybe in ten years^^

Is there ONE site, that helps solving ALL quests RELIABLE?
    Yes, I found ZAM and a trillion of wikis/boards, but some quests are neither there nor here. Some quests simply seem to be not existent, beside within my quest log Ö.Ö
    Maybe some are bugged, dunno. But if I search a blue spotted area on the map and can't find ANYTHING there, then I might be allowed to ask this ;P
    (Current "bugged" quest: Loyalist Erityire (whoever programmed this random name generator should be shot, seriously!))
    Edelphia likes this.
  14. Adevil Well-Known Member

Bronze/Silver/Gold subscriptions no longer exist. All Access is the equivalent of what was once called Gold.

Since you are All Access, there is an item you can purchase from the Loyalty Vendor (in Freeport or Qeynos) for 5 Loyalty tokens. a small bag of platinum coin will give you 75p, which should fix your bag issues.
    Enoibia and Barak like this.
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I use both zam and the wiki a ton for mine and have had very little issues finding info on them. I just type in the quest name into google and eq2 and it brings up a good list of references. Both even give you coordinates in order to easily find things. There is also this site: http://u.eq2wire.com/ that has some great info.
    Enoibia likes this.
  16. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

I don't see what's so hard about typing that into eq2 wikia. HERE is the page.
  17. Barak Member

Yo Leeroy, typing isn't that hard, but what does that link help me with for that quest? The spot is clearly shown on my map. But there is nothing, that's the problem...

Edit:
    Google spit out that link: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Summoning_(Nektulos_Forest)
    The npc spawns only at certain times...
    Adevil likes this.
  18. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Yes, it's a timed quest. Repeatable. Old school type of quest. Skip it and move on if you don't want to deal with spawn timers (you sure will though if you plan to do things like signature quests and certain heritage quests). There are thousands of quests (not an exaggeration!) out there to do. I tend to do the quests that are in the expansion zones as they flow more easily, and also the ones in Everfrost and Lavastorm as they were revamped to be much easier to understand and more logical in their progression.
    Enoibia likes this.
  19. Barak Member

I guess, I'm not yet experienced enough for these areas ;)

Anyway, Adevil, your hint is worth gold, äh, platinum, thank you very much for this one. Now I am able to buy some of the mayor bags/show cases ;)
    Adevil likes this.
  20. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

At the level of Nek forest: Butcherblock (reach it by the bell/world globe for best start area). Great quest series that will get you familiar with the zone and its inhabitants. Some nice gear for rewards too.

Soloing Timeline is a valuable resource for those unfamiliar with zone levels and progression.
    Barak and Enoibia like this.