Soloing! and how you do it.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Named88, Sep 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

First, it is not my theory :)

Second, you don't get an endless loop because FD was needed to clear aggro and allow the pet to take aggro. After the second pet, no more FD so no more using the pet.

Assuming FD cleared hate, you could have your first and second pet hold aggro while you DPS, but after that root/snare is needed.

GS
  2. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

that is not what i meant.
    When pet is about to die, you back it off and root the mob. While its rooted you create another one. That is the endless loop i am talking about.
    FD will not help since it does not clear aggro
  3. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

Actually that's exactly what it does. I have used it mid battle and revived instantly and hate was cleared. Mobs didn't re-aggro me.
    Message Edited by evhallion on 10-01-2005 07:43 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Fierce Rage Guest

Just to give you an idea of how important intelligence is to us. I am level 51 and my Lich does 300 damage every proc when my Imbued ruby ring is on. Without the intelligence buff of 14 I lose 5 points of damage just on the Lich proc alone. So if want to do more damage go after intelligence gear and upgrade your intelligence buff to the highest you can get them. Too bad our Mark line of spells don't give an added boost to intelligence instead of wisdom or stamina.
  5. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

Fd does not clear your agro.
  6. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

It doesn't.

Why do people have to say things like that without proper testing?

Your aggro never cleared, it was merely enough time for the tank to get it to him probably.
    You can test this with your pet (on a safe situation ;-) ) :

- sick pet
    - GET AGGRO good
    - FD, and rev immediately (or after a sec )
    - The pet will not get aggro off you.

The next FD spell might have the clear aggro feature tho.
    Has anyone lvl'ed so far allready? Some info on that would be great
  7. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

They took out the other fd spell like they took out the other invises and see invis.
  8. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Urbannaja Guest

I've tested FD a few times in groups now after my pet has been killed and i've gotten agro. Each time I use tartons wheel, then my racial deagro, the FD as a last resort. I've gotten up (no pets alive) and had agro instantly a good 2-3 times. So now I wait as long as I can stand it.
  10. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

Racial deaggro??? COOL, me want. What race is that urban?
  11. ARCHIVED-Urbannaja Guest

Alot of races have em....my froggie has basically the same thing as blink used to be: Deagro teleport and a small PBAOE stun

I think gnomes, rats also have a very similar one.
  12. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

Yeah ratonga get one called pitiful plea - its just a deaggro on a ~30min timer - no stun/teleport. Still has its uses though.
  13. ARCHIVED-umerr Guest

Yep folks. I jumped the gun on the chain petting. The pet does indeed transfer his aggro to me.

I was able to let the second pet reaggro after being chased a bit, but I could not get the third to do it before I ran. lol.

I chain petted in EQ on my Magician like a champ. Nothing like chain hurling 5k+ HP rooting warriors at mobs. muahahha.

Another topic: Necros in EQ had a fast recast FD that cleared aggro. It was common for them to lay on their dots then FD and the mobs would forget who dotted them.
  14. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

Guess I was just lucky so far then. Thanx for correcting me. :)