Soloing! and how you do it.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Named88, Sep 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-soulraiser Guest

yep stun and siesm are your bes friend (just be careful with the aoe) but have been able to kill many heroic even named mob this way --- granted im in mostly fabled gear with all masters or adept 3s as well.
  2. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

Ya that works pretty nicely, but it is alot riskier if you aren't used to the basic strat yet. The scout pet almost always breaks your roots and snares on it so you have to be ready to reroot/snare right after stun wears off.

I've also been duoing with another necro on my server and it is pure ownage. Between both of us chaining roots, the root's fear, snares, and stuns, the mob hardly moves. It always has a root fear snare or stun on it. Couple that with 10+second stunlocks with scout pets unloading 1500+ hits and you can get yourself some nice exp. ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

4. ARCHIVED-armus550 Guest

well I've been resisting posting this method since I fear the nerf coming but yes it works well. I solo most anything blue and have soloed whites, but they resist our root more. Takes about 2 min to kill one which is not bad. The key is the lich proc for 330+ and the snare. I usually alternate them with an occasional siphon. It's nothing like the wiz's but it's something

Armus, 50 Innothule
  5. ARCHIVED-legaleagle97 Guest

Thanks for the post and response... I can't wait to try it!
  6. ARCHIVED-Anganos Guest

Anyone have one for us lvl 30's Necros!?!? I see a lot of 50's tactics, but few for us mid lvl peeps....Anyone!?!?
  7. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

where does everyone solo at like some specific locations. would i have what i think are decent spots but someone said they are getting 10% leisurely grinding solo and that seems high too me. also what con mobs would you suggest blue/white or white/yellow and above?
  8. ARCHIVED-Elikai Guest

In my mid 30's i spent alot of time killing off those BIG groups of antelope in EL, at times i got as much as 3% xp a group, levels flew by.
  9. ARCHIVED-Winsarc11 Guest

I use pretty much the same strategy with just a different beginning.
    I start off by sending in tank pet
    then dogs and minizombie
    stun
    cast as much as possible until tank pet dies (which isnt much longer after the stun wears off)
    note: (you have to manually cancel dogs and zombie before pet dies or else root/snare wont hold)
    This usually puts the mob at about 50% health or so
    then i move to the
    root/snare/root/snare
    ive found it to reduce the time per kill quite abit
  10. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

You can cast a new pet while its rooted btw, the roots stick for quite a while
  11. ARCHIVED-umerr Guest

For all you EQ ex-Magicians. The Return of Chain Petting!

Send your beefy tank pet. do nothing else...you don't want any aggro except for root aggro which is very low!

When pet is close to dying. Cast root then back off pet.

Dismiss pet, resummon beefy tank pet. Send at mob.

Rinse and Repeat.
  12. ARCHIVED-Enkanto Guest

Umerr when a pet dies u receive all of the hate he has been accumulating. By resummoning a new pet the agro does not go away, ur new pet won't be able to pull/taunt the monster off you and u die.

Simple as that...ur strategy that worked in EQ1 does not apply here, sadly.
  13. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

Actually thats a discussion on these boards atm.

I think that you are correct and pet hate transfers to you on death, but there are lots of people here who claim the opposite.
  14. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

Pretty easy to test. Will do it later. Against lots of mobs chain-pet was working for me alongside a conjurer pre patch. Only certain mobs that would come for you after pets died.
    Message Edited by Uanelven on 09-30-2005 02:29 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

So only certain mobs get the hate transferred? LOL

You might have a point tho, since some people here are swearing that the mob doesnt come at them after petfall.
    For my self (not tested extensively yet!!) my experiences show mobs coming after me after pet death.

Maybe we gain lots of hate cuz we are trying to save the pets butt and burn down mob. there for not paying attention to aggro control
  16. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

I'm not suggesting there are deliberate differences but MM, for example, we could chain pet everything with confidence till the caster dude. Just didn't work on him at all and didn't know why.
    "Maybe we gain lots of hate cuz we are trying to save the pets butt and burn down mob. there for not paying attention to aggro control"

Aye, that would do it.
    Message Edited by Uanelven on 09-30-2005 06:30 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

Didn't mean any offense elven, just found it funny if it actually is.
    Hence i said you might have a point.

If i have time tonight i will try to see if its possible
  18. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

If you are testing it you could try mixing in FD to help clear hate.

Something like this strategy:

-send in pet
    -cast dumbfires
    -full on dps
    -when pet gets to 20%, FD
    -cancel FD, cancel dogs/stench
    -cast root when pet dies

Now resummon pet. If all the pet hate comes your way then your new pet should not be able to take aggro from you.

My guess is the new pet will take aggro and you can repeat the strategy with one more pet. After 2 pets are down you would then have to go to Root/Snare.

GS
  19. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

The FD does not cancel hate.
    I am absoltely certain on that one. It is a rumor here on these boards because it has been added as an effect for our NEXT feign death spell.

Which is called grisly pallor. Now that spell may be clearing hate, but i also see nothing on the description about it working 100% of the time
  20. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

After rooting it you have enough time to cast yet another pet ;-)
    So if your theory should work (without the FD) that can be used as endless loop.

Such a shame that root/stun does not work on epics ;-)