Soloing! and how you do it.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Named88, Sep 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

First find a single, non caster ^^^ mob.

Make sure all your buffs are on, including lich.
    Keep a pet up, but don't use it because it will break roots and snares very quickly.

Start off the fight with a root. ( procs lich for 350 dmg! )
    instantly snare after that.
    Stun.
    Siphon life.
    recast root.
    recast snare.
    recast root.
    recast snare.

Rinse and repeat. Each snare and root cast will do about 350 damage. And every 30 seconds you can get an easy stun + siphon off for a bonus 1700 damage. If your snare or root gets resisted, never fear! As long as snare is on, you can get far enough away to root it. And as long as root is on you can get far enough away to snare it. If you're running into trouble and you see your root and snare break and the mob comes charging at you, cast fear then snare then root. Then get back into the cycle again.

I got about .5% for killing one lvl 58 ^^^ cyclops in PoF. No vitality. No debt.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tallika_Runwithbears Guest

How long did it take you to kill it Rizaz??
  3. ARCHIVED-legaleagle97 Guest

And every 30 seconds you can get an easy stun + siphon off for a bonus 1700 damage.

Can you explain this please?

I'm really looking forward to being able to take down heroics again!!

thanks!
  4. ARCHIVED-Urbannaja Guest

Heh...nice tips. I need lich =/

/ooc WTB Master 1 Lich! Will Trade soul!
  5. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

Thanks for the tips Rizaz, I was wondering what strategies people were using to root/rot most efficiently. I'll be sure to try this method out some tonight!
  6. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

I think he meant if you stun the mob then you have time to get off a siphon life and re-root before the stun wears off. The siphon would normally break root & snare, but not stun.
    One thing to add to the OP...Don't forget to mix in a devour life on our mana battery pet for those long fights :)

Greatscott
  7. ARCHIVED-umerr Guest

When fighting groups of mobs...

So your complaining that your pet gets eaten by groups?

Try root parking the mobs.

Turn off Lich for this. Root does not generate as much aggro as it used to..but dd from Lich does. Use Tank pet.

Pull first mob with root. While casting switch targets and send pet.

Pet will taunt the other group mobs. Then click Pet Back Off. For the next several steps your pet is just going to be a punching bag while you're parking.

Root second mob. Back out of its melee range.

Root third mob. Back out of its melee range.

Target 4th mob. Stun, cast rats. Let pet beat up the 4th mob

Cycle through the other 3 mob and reroot them all while pet is fighting. Throw in a Heal over time and Pet Power Tap.

Take a 10-20 seconds between fights to let pet regen and let power taps cycle.

Target 1st mob. Stun, cast rats. Let the pet beat up the 1st mob.

Practice a few times and use emergency tactics as necessary. Like Terror.

The trick is not to damage the parked mobs. This avoids aggro and to avoids root breaks.

I am SOO glad they left some skillful abilities to my character.
  8. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

GREAT tips.

Thanks for sharing these with us!
  9. ARCHIVED-Lodor Guest

I know I didnt talk about the lich/root thing ever here because once people learn about it itll be nerfed to hell when other classes complain to high hell.

Im assuming others that talked about soloing non nuking heroics thought the same.

But since its out there now dont expect it to be like this very much longer. im betting lich will be changed so it wont proc on non damage spells now (ie wont proc on root/stun).
  10. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

If you want to talk about overpowered. Talk about berserkers. I'm up in clefts of rujark 4 maning the 54+ gx2 groups in here. We have a zerker in offensive mode witha 2 hder tanking with a templar healing. I'm putting out 400 - 700 dps on every fight, and the zerker is putting out 350 - 550 every fight. Every 3 mins the zerker hits rampage + his orc master strike and puts out 800-2000 dps.

Thats overpowered.

Also I'm fully fabled with nearly all adept 3/master spells. I have 350+ self buffed int with 3000 +hps and 4500ish mana.

And if you see any wizards here complaining about our soloing strat, then I'll get a strategy from my level 53 wizard guildy and ask him how he solos the guards from the towers. I also have a monk friend who solos groups of guards in maj dul.

Every class can do it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

maybe 3 minutes
  12. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

Well, 3 min to get 0.5% (10% per hour) is about the rate I get it just soloing white/yellow solo mobs without vitality. This is without straining to grind through mobs as fast as I can too.

So it seems this isnt really a great way to make extreme xp like kiting was pre CC, but more like a good way to change the pace of soloing and take out some tougher mobs.
  13. ARCHIVED-legaleagle97 Guest

Is the "get an extra 1700 damage bonus from Siphon" step a typo? My Siphon at Adept 3 only does about 700-800 damage. Should it have read 700?
  14. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

Mine reads 810 - 990 at adept 3. Plus 324 x2 damage from lich. thats 1458 - 1638. I typed that out off the top of my head while my server was down.
  15. ARCHIVED-Romka Guest

You can use siphon life each round. Of course its not 100% safe, but chances that root and snare will drop same time and there wont be fear proc from root are close to zero. Anyway, thats how im doing ^^^ mobs: root-snare-SL chain. With Lich of course. During all fight mob will hit you maybe 1-2 times max. With this strat im doing ~150dps on mob, ^^^ mobs have 20-25k hp, so its 2-3 min per kill.
  16. ARCHIVED-Caliban Guest

can you explain how you have effective rooting? I'm lvl 41 have the adept1 for grasping bones, chains of torment. and they just arent very effective unlike my wizards root. The darkness line and Terror line are cool, but like the roots very very short in duration. Do they become more effective at higher levels?
  17. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

I have adept III Lich and it doesn't proc for that much. Can't remember exactly but i think 280-something. What's the deal? Int?
  18. ARCHIVED-MrGrimm999 Guest

Yes, your int plays a part in your damage that lich does. As well as all your other damaging spells, but it does not affecting the healing of your pet heals or your lich heal.
  19. ARCHIVED-soulraiser Guest

nice strat ---

was told it was a bad idea few weeks ago when i paid 3p for my master root now i can rub it in, since i can stand there and dot/nuke for a while before mob breaks root sometimes 1 root lasts hole fight :smileywink:
    Message Edited by soulraiser on 09-21-2005 06:40 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

Yup I got Master root for a bargain too awhile back and it will withstand some nukinn at times, but the pet/swarms will still mess it up.
    And just to add a bit to the root/rot strategy - I have been sending in my Assassin pet with the offensive pet buff up when I start casting my stun, then I siphon and dd then back off my pet and re-root. Has been working pretty well and gives my assassin time to get in a couple high damage CAs.
    Thanks,