SoH: Utter Contempt (Heroic) and (Raid) Spawning and Strategy

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Sigrdrifa, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Absin New Member

Is there a minimum group size check on spawning the triumvirate/X2 (heard it was 6 people, ie a full group but would like clarification)? Sunday night we were able to spawn the duo by having the 1 person who was still missing a named kill (Baron/Baroness) leave group/zone, and 2 of us spawned the duo and reinvited him. The following night we got our 3rd member his missing kill on Baron/Baroness but were unable to spawn the triumvirate despite the fact that all 3 group members now have all achievements completed up to and including the duo.

Will hopefully get to try again today bringing in a 4th group member who has all kills up to and including the duo, but if it does indeed require a full group in order to spawn the triumvirate/X2 that should really be changed...
  2. Fluffypanda New Member

Can someone please tell me how to spawn the named? We had four people flagged int he herioc instance and the x2 did not spawn after killing the trio? do all 6 people need to be flagged with all mobs cleared to spawn him? or is there something that has to be clicked?
  3. Chubby New Member

yes all 6 need to be flagged
  4. girney Active Member

can igidishi be spawned by a solo player? i can track the skulls with horns but cant see them. do i need another player who is a scout?
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Shard of Hate: Utter Contempt [Heroic] right? There's a walkthrough on the wiki. I've been running the heroic zone for shinies, but Igidishi is not one of the mobs I kill (I pick the easiest set!)

The wiki says to spawn Igidishi, "locate and click skulls with horns (tracking works); either they will dissolve or become attackable. Find and kill the skulls until Igidishi spawns. You need a fighter (to see the named when he transforms into an animal) and a scout (to see the totem that matches the named's animal transformation) in your group to kill this name!!!"
    Twyla likes this.
  6. girney Active Member

i read the walkthru but i cant see the skulls. just wondering if it is because i only have my paly and not a scout also or maybe i need more people. i think the damned must need more people also as i dont see him in the pit after picking up the dagger. i was hoping to get the achievement for killing all named but it seems it is impossible for a solo player
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Did you go up n the balconies?
  8. girney Active Member

yes, i went up to the balconies but no skulls. they are on track but not visible to me.
  9. Zizinana Active Member

Hello!
    Achievement question:
    "Udder Contempt for Trophies
    Collect 10 Trophies from Shard of Hate: Udder Contempt [Herd Mode]"

As far as I understand, in order to get the achievement you need to collect 10 furnishings inside the zone.
    In the zone, I found only 1 item - Baron of Scorn's Podium. I could not find any other items that could be taken away.
    Therefore, I collected 10 Baron of Scorn's Podium, but the achievement did not fail.
    Question - what items go towards this achievement?
  10. Chrol Developer

Trophies in the name is a bit misleading. What that refers to is rare corpse loot from the zone, such as "burnt leather chaps" or "dark metal spurs."
    Will make the achievement viewable with the next update.
    Zizinana and Twyla like this.
  11. Zizinana Active Member

Thanks!
  12. docdante Member

Trying to solo the heroic zone, but dying at Estir the Spiteful and Laxil'Vas the Torn...its a littly bit tricky because of their buffs 1..4 4...1....use singular focus, cure noxious...
    any tips, just shoot'em does not work:)
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Don't let your merc assist, if you are using one. Look at the buff on the name, it will tell you how may adds you must leave up. If you do not have that exact number of adds, you can't damage the name. Use Singular Focus. Do not use green or blue AOEs.

If you accidentally kill too many adds, then run around and avoid the bats until more adds spawn. Sometimes I kill all the adds and "start over" when in this situation. Hopefully your healer merc will keep you alive while you are dodging bats and waiting for adds.

It's VERY helpful to use the Threat List Window ( /togglethreatlistwindow ) and use that to target the next add to kill rather than flailing around trying to tab target or next target. If any of the adds has taken damage, kill them first.
    docdante likes this.
  14. docdante Member