SoE Hates Rangers....

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-littlelion, May 3, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-littlelion Guest

I am thinking from all the live updates and patches that sony has done in the past few months that they really dont like the Ranger class. And from what i have gathered they really have nevered played the class. Thus it is to be expected that they would nerf a class that overpowered all the other classes in DPS. The stated that they made DPS compairable to the assisins. Ok then give us a combat spell that can do 11k damage. They nerfed the poisions and other procs we had. Why? because we were out DPS all other classes. What you cant have a scout class out DPS a mage class? Since when? I am happy all other classes got the DPS back and now there better then rangers. Yea! But now without our uber DPS what good are we really in a raid? And heck really cant solo on our own. Wow we give a 16% run speed boost otu of combat. So we can get there slower then a horse or carpet. So tell me why would a Raid force want to choose to have a ranger in there raiding guild? We dont get no special bow just for Rangers. The best bows in the Game are pretty much all classes can use. Wow what a way to get people to make that class and what to play a Ranger class. So if SOE would tell me what does being a Ranger offer anymore beside taking up 1 more slot in a raid and running from a lvl 65^^^ heroic named mob while being lvl 70. What more are you all going to do to nerf us? Make all rangers shorter then gnomes? Wait I know...You no longer have stealth....Boom and Safefall taken away too. Now we really are a dumbed down class. And it no wonder why so many people are leaving the ranger class. Its hard to solo if not impossible. I got a lvl 70 troub friend that can just about solo all of Halls of Fate. Wow...I cant solo the enterance in there. But that just me maybe. So SOE take a look at this thread and talk to Rangers in the game. And ask them what they would like to see happen to there Class. Soon it will be a dead class and a waste of space. Also Please contact me if you have any questions to this post. Sony I will always get back to you as quickly as I can. I never leave anyone waiting for a answer too long.

Smeac 70 Ranger
    Falderol The Bazaar
    Bauer 70 Berserker
    StaffSgt 56 Warden
    Baueralt 29 warlock
  2. ARCHIVED-roblinb Guest

Do you like the ranger class? That's all that should matter. SOE isn't gonna change anything anytime soon.
    Message Edited by roblinb on 05-04-2006 06:12 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-wvorster Guest

70 ranger on Darathar PVP server ...

Rangers are ok imo - a few tweaks needed here and there. Can't see what all the fuss is about.
    Also, make paragraphs. [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] hard to read.
  4. ARCHIVED-sAs-Bartleby Guest

i loved the Ranger till KoS.

she is still 60 and weeks ago i was 2 sekonds away from deleting her.
  5. ARCHIVED-BedlamX Guest

From your post here I am going to infer that you werent here pre LU20 so I guess you wouldnt see what all the fuss was about.
    Digg alittle deeper and you will. If you dont know what you are missing you just wouldnt understand. Your right rangers are ok, but post LU13 and Pre LU20 they were great.
  6. ARCHIVED-Taubin Guest

I have been here since BEFORE LU13, and I agree we are ok. Personally I am sick of trying to weed through all of the "WE SUCK" and "WE'RE USELESS" threads to get to the good ones. This horse has been dead and rotting away for a very long time now. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CLASS, DELETE YOUR [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ING TOON.

But please, stop coming in here and discourageing others. I love my ranger and would never play anything else. It is this love of the class that has kept me going. Sure, a mage can out dps us, but, who cares, turn off the parser and have fun. If you can't do that, or if this clas is suddenly too hard for you, go play WoW where you can be as uber as you want. I for one will continue playing my ranger and loving ever minute of it. Have a great day :smileyhappy:

/rant off
  7. ARCHIVED-Mirdo Guest

Well said GT.

And to the OP - you are a level 70 Ranger and you think we don't have a CA capable of hitting 11k damage? (Unless you do mean an actual spell - there's a difference).

Proc mechanic was changed because it did not scale correctly into t7 and provided too many procs when using a long delay weapon

Using that mechanic our damage output at the top end was too high. Load up on proc items and you were set - 1kdps with no effort. Up to 1500 I believe by raid equipped Rangers making an effort - significantly higher than the other 'T1' classes.

I don't object to the idea of a Ranger only bow but don't see a specific reason for it to be Ranger only. If the item team goes that way then a return to some sort of class specific weapon quest for all classes might be cool.

I'm sorry you can't solo very well. Search these forums and you will find a number of posts with great advice on solo tactics.

The second half of your post is appeal to the extreme - therefore not worth commenting on.

Mirdo.
    Message Edited by Mirdo on 05-04-2006 01:13 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Admhel Guest

it's always the fate of the best dps class to get nerfed. It happened way before LU13 on other classes and will continue to happen. Aiming to be the number 1 dps isn't a great thing. Sometimes it's good to be number 2 and just stay under the radar of that nerf bat :p
  9. ARCHIVED-Lord_Toronaga Guest

how about [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] you SOE for deleting my post before i was even able to submit it.
  10. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

If you compare yourself to summoners then your going to hate your class, however if you compare yourself to other t1 dps then your going to love your class.. And please dont go and say anything about there 11k hit without knowing the assassin drawbacks.

After I got poise, and every spell adept 3. I have been untouchable in terms of DPS (except when it comes down to summoners :p). As a ranger you always have to be fast on your feet, its not for everyone.. There is more involved than just using the bow, many people have yet to realize this. If you are playing your ranger correctly you should be out of power before everyone else. (my biggest problem right now)
  11. ARCHIVED-Bledso Guest

From a new lvl 29 ranger - I find problems with close up melee - but from a ranged stand point I do a heck of a lot of damage
    In groups I dot and debuff mob - then fire away - between shots i am deaggroing myself and refiring ranged constantly.
    IMHO this is what SOE's definition of the Ranger is designed for - group support. I read and heard the mage vs ranger DPS - well our forte' is debuff - dot and ranged damaged.
    I have fun as a ranger and will live within my abilities. I am also lucky to have a great guild on Everfrost and can get groups when needed. PUG's are always the pits since most peeps don't care to learn the strengths of classes so won't group with ranger's if they can find someon else since there is the misconception we are no longer damage dealers - well I still am.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jowita Guest

From a level 24 vantage point, I also love my ranger (and she's definitely one of the sexiest rangers on Antonia Bayle IMHO). It's just so much fun not having to stand in the middle of a group of mobs with the MT. I can dash in for a few good debuffs, then dash out and fire arrows and watch my poisons proc. Dash back in for a Sinister Strike (and watch everyone's jaws drop heh heh), hit Evade, pull off a Hidden Attack-->Shadow Flame-->whatever, and dash back out again for more arrow fun. Fun, fun, fun. I've never turned on my parser, because to me, that's just needless micromanagement. My primary happiness comes from watching my ranger do what she does best, and when the fight's over, enjoying the satisfaction of hearing the group leader say, "Well done!" That's what it's all about. That's what keeps me coming back for more. Maybe that will change at the higher levels, I don't know. But whatever happens, I'll make the necessary adjustments and continue having fun. After all, what's the point of playing if you're not having fun? :)

Jowita (Antonia Bayle)
  13. ARCHIVED-Lord_Toronaga Guest

As i was going to say before SOE... anyway...

... I just started out with a ranger i'm only lvl8 but i already know she is going to be so much fun to play with, (i'm male by the way but hey its a game... really)
    And to be honest i don't think that many people take this game as seriously as some of you think, most people don't care if your character is a pile of steaming crap as long as you can boost the group numbers up.
    But i mostly like to solo anyway as being in a group can sometimes be a waste of time exp wise. unless you're doing something only a group can achieve.
    Ranger all the way....
    ... oh and my ranger is sexier than yours haha
  14. ARCHIVED-Star Guest

QFE
    Right on GT. I take my ranger very seriously. I take my DPS very seriously. SOE does not hate Rangers. SOE does not want to get rid of rangers. SOE does have a Dev or two that actually play rangers as mains. Perhaps the OP should just delete their ranger toon and go back to playing your Zerker.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Wow, just pass through to check in and we're STILL wallowing in self-loathing??
    Well, at least some of us. I hope the OP is in the minority now.
    I'm not playing as frequently lately, but I'm having fun when I do. I'm 70 now, and I'm reasonably effective DPS - without wearing Fabled from head to toe or being topped out on Adept IIIs and Master 1s. Last time I raided Labs, I was frequently number one on the parses and almost always top 3 if I didn't lead the pack. (Granted, we were lacking our usual necros, and they'll almost always out-damage me.) My numbers aren't huge, but they're good enough.
    If *I* can put up reputable DPS, any of the rest of you can. I'm not uber, I'm not in a raid guild, I don't have kickass gear and I don't play 24/7. I just learn to use my skills as best I can, and I don't let myself become a slave to the parser. It took some time to regain that perspective, and believe me, the game isn't flawless by any means (brawlers and summoners are still overpowered, but hey, good for them) - but you do what you need to in order to enjoy playing. If you don't enjoy it, don't bother wasting your time and money.
    Hope you guys are still having fun with your rangers. I'll see you around.
  16. ARCHIVED-KnightOfTheWord Guest

Well spoken sir...I was going to say that...but you said it much better. :smileyhappy:
  17. ARCHIVED-Jowita Guest

No way, honey! Go on over to EQ2Players and check out my screenies/bio/profile pics. You'll be convinced. Really. There is no sexier high elf ranger than Jowita. ;) What's your toon's name? I'll judge her sexpot-worthiness for myself. And I will be an honest judge. I promise. :)

Jowita
  18. ARCHIVED-Jowita Guest

You know what, Kaeros? I've always liked your posts. You have my respect, fellow ranger. Wish you were on Antonia Bayle! :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Why thanks, that's very kind of you. I haven't felt the inclination to post much since the community basically self-destructed over LU20, but it's good to see that some people here are still keeping it real. :)
    Careful what you wish for, though... Catareina said the same thing sometime last year, and SOE merged whole servers to bring us together! ;)
  20. ARCHIVED-Jowita Guest

Well, if that happens, I'll be the first to mail you a stack of Dwarven ale! :) Unless you'd prefer a stack of "Evelasting Arrows." Tee hee hee.

Jowita