SOE - good job on Armor Appearance Slots. BAD job on nerfing my parade misty mustang

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Kaitar, Sep 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Kaitar Guest

Happy with the fact we can now have appearance slots. I really like that feature.

HOWEVER.

Very upset that my parade misty mustang went from a palamino horse with the fancy saddle to yet ANOTHER (CAN YOU GUYS DO SOMETHING WITH HORSES BESIDES MAKING THEM SPOTTED -PLEASE??! - ) spotted horse with a -plain- saddle. All the other "parade" horses still have the added etching on the saddle and chest plate. All the other horses are still the same color. Why the heck did you nerf the parade misty mustangs and for the love of GOD SOE get rid of some of the stupid spotted models.... you only have 50 thousand of them... and put in some different horse colors.
  2. ARCHIVED-Suprchik407 Guest

Just logged in and immediatly became sickened that my previously colored palomino is now an ugly spotted horse. Not to mention that since I did buy the "parade" one it should have the fancier saddle, not the plain saddle. I really hope this is just a side effect of todays patch and will be fixed soon. I roleplay with my toons and this is a hefty setback for me. Please can we get a comment on this issue?
  3. ARCHIVED-Antas22 Guest

You think that's sickening? I logged my Berserker who's in Feysteel Vanguard. Enough said. Thank goodness that change coincided with appearance slots.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thaych Guest

Absynthe@Nektulos wrote:
    It's been stated already that the horses would change a bit, but not very widely disseminated, so i can see why a lot of people may have missed the note.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Funny.
    Several months ago I purchased a Misty Mustang for an alt and it was Palimino. I thought it was super sweet but must be a bug. I enjoyed it very much until I upgraded to a new pony. Now I see I must have somehow gotten it earlier?
  6. ARCHIVED-Zeltaria Guest

When did they say that some of the horses might change?
    I haven't seen anything like that, of course I could have missed it.
    So I'd just like to see where they said it. Thanks :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Suprchik407 Guest

Thaych@Kithicor wrote:
    Do you have a link to that info? I read on here as much as I play and I would definately have picked up on something like this in notes posted. It doesnt make much sense that this particular horse would be changed- I already checked the stable and this is the only one changed. Not to mention that it doesnt fall in line with the "parade" look. Its just the same thing as the regular misty mustang horse, so why have an option for "parade" if the look is exactly the same?

This is the current look- nothing "parade" about it and is the only mount changed. Its the same model for both "misty mustang" and "parade misty mustang" why have 2 of the same thing? If this stays I will be either shelling out more pp for the eldarrian chager on 2 characters and moving them out of my currewnt guild to do so :/ Its that important to me.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a...istymustang.jpg
  8. ARCHIVED-Anastasie Guest

Wow - I'm scared to go home now and log-in. I certainly hope they didn't change my war barded palomino. I want to keep my blond horse.
  9. ARCHIVED-Suprchik407 Guest

all other ponies are fine- its just this one with the different graphic change. I checked so no worries there :)
  10. ARCHIVED-g0thiC_iCe_cReaM Guest

not sure how long you've been playing, but when they redid the horse models the coloring/patterns got a little out of whack with the actual name of the horse...changing the graphic on the misty mustang to a paint is actually inline with the original coloring of the horse...the color of the original misty mustang was a grey paint i believe, not a brown one, but at least this is close to what they originally intended for the horse...
  11. ARCHIVED-Suprchik407 Guest

Garthan@Kithicor wrote:
    Ive been playing since Jan of 2005 and I do know that the colors got changed around when the new horse models went into place. I adjusted for that, got white ponies instead of the kool black ones, ect ect . Thats really a non issue and not whats being discussed here.
    Since the patch as of today, no other horses were changed. If you want to say that this coloring now is more in line with the non parade one you would be correct but if you would please re-read my posts, I clearly outlined that the parade option is now gone. You are now having the same graphic as the regular saddled horses with the description as being parade (with the fancier saddle/bridle/armor). Nevermind that Im ticked that they changed it from palomino (a cream body with white main) to an appalooosa (a spotted horse).
    In a nutshell- this One particular horse changed as of today is the same graphic for both descriptions as "misty mustang" and "Parade misty mistang", ya get it?
  12. ARCHIVED-matt2004 Guest

happened to me too. i cant remember the name of the horse but it was tan and had a nice saddle and a small frontal peice of chest armor....
    now its grey and white no armor and not so pretty saddle. meh...at least i know it wasnt just me.
  13. ARCHIVED-zhiDarkivel Guest

My palomino is also now a paint/appaloosa coloring.
  14. ARCHIVED-g0thiC_iCe_cReaM Guest

Absynthe@Nektulos wrote:
    perhaps you might want to calm down there buddy...i was responding to your comment of "Just logged in and immediatly became sickened that my previously colored palomino is now an ugly spotted horse"
    perhaps i should have quoted that for you " width="15" height="15">
    perhaps i should have also clarified that parade should refer to the saddle/adornments of the mount, not the color of the horse...
    and i prolly should have looked at the date registered under your name of march 2005, and not bothered with the "not sure how long you've been playing" ...but we can't all be perfect now can we?
    ...ya get it?
  15. ARCHIVED-Suprchik407 Guest

Garthan@Kithicor wrote:
    Hey, perfectly calm here, If all you read was the first line before posting you can understand someone posting a re-iteration so you can understand it in shorter terms. I agree, no ones perfect, but if some insist on starting their post with condecending tones you will recieve likewise. Now hopefully we can stop this crazy derailment of the thread and get back on topic .
  16. ARCHIVED-g0thiC_iCe_cReaM Guest

i appologize if it came across as condescending, was not my intentions...
  17. ARCHIVED-Suprchik407 Guest

Hey, were kool, just some misunderstandings there /hugs, love your mount guide too. BTW , if this graphic stays in at least if you go to update it youll already have the graphic done. I really hope its just a glitch and not intented since it makes no sense categorically speaking of course.
    Unfortunatly, if this stays in for more than a month with no acknowledgment if its a patch day glitch, Ill be looking into selling these ponies for Norrathian glue and getting the much pricier eldarian chargers for the palomino look. Sucks that it hits the coin pouch hard, this will have to be done at least twice possibly 3 times.
    The alts that were currently utilizing the parade misty mustang roleplaying wise have no use for appy ponies. Hmm , I have to also get these toons into higher level guilds from my alt guild (only lvl 16) since they have a level requirement for the personal status to get the cheaper chargers.

Abs~Den Mamma of Krazy Kittens~Nektulos
  18. ARCHIVED-Suprchik407 Guest

Agreed- I hope this is a glitch and not intended, it makes no sense- its not even categorized correctly. Why on earth have 2 horse descriptions for the same graphic? Please bring the palomino back- its my favorite color and is priced right. Please dont make me spend more pp on selling the current model of parade misty mustang (for a price hit at sellback) just to get the color of the eldarian chargers (alotr more pp than I needed to spend).
  19. ARCHIVED-Severai Guest

I'm really annoyed about the Parade Misty Mustang as well. Recently returned to the game and with a highest character of level 37, I simply don't have the spare cash to re-buy the horse look that I actually -want- and am pretty fed up with ending up with pretty much the ugliest steed in the game. With a standard saddle to add insult to injury.
    If there's no plans to change the graphic back, then how about the offer of a straight swap to one of the other horses in the same tier (which may still be spotted but at least don't look semi-albino?)
  20. ARCHIVED-Bronadui Guest

I agree!

I bought a beautiful Palomino horse, I named her, we bonded...

But I log in and she has been THIEVED! Replaced with Dobbin the Donkey or something.

I am especially cross as I cannot get a refund and the character who has the horse isn't even in a level 20 guild anymore.

Fair enough, you got it wrong in the first case, but too late! Some of us bonded with our horses!

>>> PFFT <<<