SocketError:Host Not Found

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Terrence, Mar 13, 2019.

1. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

so I'm on the east coast and its central and DB is in Cal
    ands it seems to be happening on other DB games as well
    why is it just effecting new installs? not a computer geek here
    yep same with that above
  2. Niadissa New Member

Not sure, to be honest. I'm on the west coast in Oregon so if it's a problem with the connection to the servers it's close to them.
  3. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

I can get in game as of 2 hours ago my husband cant even download the game across from me on his new computer
  4. Niadissa New Member

Just submitted a ticket as well, hopefully someone notices. But unlikely due to the time now. Oh well, hopefully they get it back up and running before Saturday.
  5. GambitsEnd New Member

The game servers, login server, and the servers which hold the download data are typically all hosted on different servers. So when one cannot be accessed does not necessarily mean that the others are experiencing the same problem (it really depends what the original issue is).

As for how some areas can have problems while others don't, it's just the nature of how the Internet works. A lot of traffic is typically going through some very specific data centers / geographic locations. One such major area is in Central US. Also keep in mind that connections are often not established directly between two machines. For example, a computer in Washington doesn't exactly mean it will go straight on down to connect to a server in California. That may instead be routed through typical traffic through ways, such as the Central US. So if there is an issue along a path, anyone that needs to use that path may also experience problems.

If the problem we're experiencing here is indeed a CDN problem, the path some of us take to reach the server which hosts the download data is having problems, so trying to download the game will have problems for anyone that takes that path. Which is why a VPN can help, it can take a different path.
  6. Niadissa New Member

VPN didn't help though, tried all kinds of different locations all over the world, no change, it errors out at the same place. I've installed about 40% of the game, but it errors out at installing specific files. So i'm making a connection to their servers for at least a while.
  7. Darkale New Member

Have the same problem from Hawaii. Did DBG acknowledge that this is an issue and are they working on it?
  8. Crono New Member

I'm getting the same, and I am looking at Facebook, and I'm seeing posts about their issues today and that it's more widespread than originally thought. Apparently a lot of sites including Gmail and Verizon, even Charles Schwab, are having issues. That's my guess, which maybe means it will be better once the problems are resolved and we wont have to wait days to re-download the client. A lot of us wanting to get back into kaladim, i bet.
  9. Nytelock1 New Member

Makes sense, even FB itself was having hella issues today
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I'm in New Zealand - thought I would give it a go to see how widespread the issue is. In with no problems. Was a little slow, but have successfully logged into a character on Maj'dul ok.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. SIlverblade New Member

12. Taichang New Member

I just fixed this issue, all you need to do is click the "Retry" button several times, and shut off the launcher periodically. Took me 10 minutes altogether, no VPNs, no gimmicks. It's simply an issue on DBG end with servers being bogged down and or an to many people trying to patch this with failures.
  13. SIlverblade New Member

Been doing that for over an hour and still no luck :mad:
  14. Vokan Well-Known Member

It happens if you need to patch. I can get on the us server fine, but if I switch to eu and it starts to patch, I get the error.
  15. BarnabusIX New Member

Yeah, have re-installed via Steam tonight and have been getting the same issue.

Have tried VPN and other suggestions but having no luck still.
  16. Shmotok New Member

No one seems to see or hear that the game is not working.
  17. Crono New Member

It's working for me now, It's actually very fast now on the first try of the morning. Good luck, guys!
  18. Shmotok New Member

US server work Europe can not go
  19. BarnabusIX New Member

Started working for me again last night, was able to patch the game.
    Evguenil62 likes this.