SocketError:Host Not Found

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Terrence, Mar 13, 2019.

1. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

I see a patch soon
    so its new installs I'm guessing
  2. GambitsEnd New Member

Tried out a VPN, it does indeed work (just make sure your VPN isn't going through the central US datacenter, that route has the CDN problem).

So Daybreak will need to notify whichever company is responsible for that CDN so it can be fixed. Expect this to take a few days.
    RedSkys97 likes this.
  3. RedSkys97 New Member

Any results?

Wondering if it may be a decent temp fix.
  4. RedSkys97 New Member

Dam that's just freakin great.
  5. Drogoneye New Member

Yeah, I think GambitsEnd is right on the money with this. I'm located in Chicago, so I'm central US datacenter. I don't have a VPN but when I do a free trial which auto routes to best server (aka chicago), I do get a little farther in download progress by a few mbs and then it errors again. I do think if I had a VPN and changed locations I'd be fine but I don't really feel like spending any more money just to download this game.
    RedSkys97 likes this.
  6. RedSkys97 New Member

Yeah just not really worth the hassle unless your a die hard fan.
  7. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

a couple days AHHHHH
  8. Drogoneye New Member

I was able to weave turning VPN on and off and got myself to 99.9% downloaded but I'm stuck there now. This is cruel, cruel indeed.
  9. Bazookajoel New Member

VPN is worikng so far, only at 49% though
  10. GambitsEnd New Member

Southeast Canada worked for me via VPN, although the download was a bit slow. Might want to try there.

NordVPN does a 7 day trial instead of a data cap. The downside is you do need to enter payment information to get that trial (which you won't get charged for until the end of those 7 days). You can cancel the service early and not get charged.
  11. Drogoneye New Member

I bit the bullet and renewed my sub with IPVanish, changed to New York and what do you know...I can play now.
  12. Wyldfire New Member

Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 -
    Cant login. any know whats up?
  13. Wyldfire New Member

Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 -
  14. Niadissa New Member

Yup, same here. New install, not through steam
  15. Bazookajoel New Member

I used ProtonVPN free trial and it took many different datecenters but it worked and im in game now ( Italy worked the best)
  16. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

and what if you don't want to install that
    I mean they can fix it its not our computers
    I did a new install last week with no problem
    are you seeing this DB?
  17. Bazookajoel New Member

Yea I guess you just have to wait for them to fix it if you dont want to use a vpn
  18. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

we have a router
  19. Niadissa New Member

Yeah, tried the VPN route, no luck for me.

20. Niadissa New Member

If you look at the advanced tools under update file list, it just repeats the following over and over until the error occurs

*Warning: Retrying music/zones/_exp03/MistmooreCatacombs/MistmooreCatacombs_001.mp3
    *Warning: Retrying music/zones/_exp03/Butcherblock/Butcherblock_003.mp3
    *Warning: Retrying music/zones/_exp03/MistmooreCatacombs/MistmooreCatacombs_002.mp3
    *Warning: Retrying music/zones/_exp03/MistmooreCatacombs/MistmooreCatacombs_001.mp3
    *Warning: Retrying music/zones/_exp03/MistmooreCatacombs/MistmooreCatacombs_002.mp3
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 -