SocketError:Host Not Found

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Terrence, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Terrence New Member

Hi! Attempting to install the client, update fails constantly after about a second with this error message:
    Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq2/eq2.sha.zs/d7/96e/f3553f74271cbba15d564

I have a windows 10 machine. I tried running Admin, changing compatibility to Windows 8, turning off Windows Defender Firewall, no difference. It still stops updating with this error every second.

Is there a fix for this or a direct download of the client?

Thanks!
  2. Ozzk New Member

Just got a fresh new PC last night and tried to install EQ2 today. Getting the same error.

Tried all the above steps and then some others i found online like proxy settings etc.

Looking forward to playing on Kaladim. Any help would be appreciated.
  3. GambitsEnd New Member

I have the same issue.

Found a few threads from last year with the exact same error message. A few had a post from Roxxlyy (Community Relations employee) about looking into the issue but none of them got a post about the issue being resolved.
  4. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

5. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

6. Bomansetijr New Member

Same issue here...host not found error.
  7. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

is this just with new installs?
    or some have it and some don't ?
    tired on my computer got to the character screen but didn't log in
    I don't have steam installed my husband does on his computer his has the error
  8. Rissk13 New Member

Getting this error as well. Wife is currently playing but patched before today. We both launch via steam
  9. RedSkys97 New Member

Is this a bug or is there a Fix? Want to play with friends but it's not even installing.
  10. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

so maybe its steam and eq2
    are there steam forums?
    was there a patch today ?
  11. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

nothing from DB so far
    have not found a fix
    gotta be steam messing with eq2
    I don't have it installed gonna try game
  12. Drogoneye New Member

I'm not using steam and I have the same error.
    RedSkys97 likes this.
  13. Cicilie New Member

I'm getting the same error. Not a new install, just haven't tried to log in until today after a month.
  14. Bats New Member

I had this error too. Anyone have a fix?
  15. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

just logged in game no problem and I DO NOT have steam on computer
    anyone else that cant get in that doesn't have steam on computer ?
  16. RedSkys97 New Member

From what I'm getting all this is recent. And likely a bug on their end somewhere sever or game.
  17. Terrence New Member

I didn't go through steam. Just downloaded the installer from Daybreak. I wanted to get ready for the new Kaladim server.
  18. Drogoneye New Member

Same, I just bought a membership through daybreak, installed from their site and ran the launcher. I get the same error all of you keep getting. I changed compatibility to WIN 8, ran as admin, restarted my computer, did a fresh attempt at reinstalling, disabled anti-virus and firewall. Nothing else to do at this point.
  19. GambitsEnd New Member

From what I can tell via past threads over the years, it's likely a CDN issue. This is something neither us nor Daybreak can fix.

However, if you have a VPN service you can likely use that to bypass the trouble area and download the files that way.
  20. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

so why can I get in game and as I said before is it just NEW installs?