So, since Druids are getting more stuff...

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Arieste, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Hammdaddy Active Member

Technically druids have the best rez in game because ours gives attributes but i dont know anything skip this post please. P.S. this fix totally wasn't needed and makes druids stronker cause they changed confront fear for this reason anyway.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

/cast her dirty warden rez on Atan.. "take it and like it baby!" :p
  3. Arieste Well-Known Member

And speaking of Confront Fear... if every healer is gonna have no-sickness rezzes now... confront fear won't be that much use...
  4. Mktavish01 Member

Look lemon wolf ... I respect you imensly ... for everything you have done for wardens.
    Here here .... there wouldn't be the warden of today without you.

But I think you are just being lazy when you say ... give us a clean rez.

It seems like a small issue .. but trust me ... it is a big one ... just like all the things you fought for to help the warden.

We need to revaluate rez sickness period if it is an issue worth complaining about ... not just say "hey wardens have to long of a rez sickness"

But the spell you said to put it on ...

• Resurrects target with 24% health and power
    • Applies Nature's Blessing on termination. Lasts for 1 minute.
      • Heals target for 3.5% of max health instantly and every 6 seconds
    • Applies Revived Sickness on termination lasts for 2 minutes

Would you take away something in that list?
  5. arturos Active Member

To be frank or mary or john for that matter, the issue is not that druids need or got a sick free rez its that compared to mystics and defilers (wait mystics don't have a sick free rez either LULZ) druids are getting something on top of the many other cool utilities that they already have..
    Tell me honestly how many raid guilds are running a druid in every group on certain mobs to avoid certain things?? My wife has a warden alt because why? well on those certain fights her defiler doesn't have TURTLE SHELL!!!
    blade dance>turtle shell>signet mob is dead why even need heals oh ya the tanks..

Also if you say you don't swap out for druids your lying i watch the twitch feeds from some of you uber guilds don't try to hide it..

this isn't really about how the druids got a rez its about how the shamans are even farther behind in that utility department mainly mystics but whatever.
    Arieste and Avirodar like this.
  6. Avirodar Well-Known Member

On a side note, Spirit Dance does not have sickness. But it's not a stock standard rez either.
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

Update Notes: October 10, 2014

Druids
    Druids can now cast Spirit Dance. You're welcome. Thanks Avirodar for suggestion.
  8. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Adjusted your post to give it a more realistic date.
    Arieste likes this.
  9. Arieste Well-Known Member

Thanks. Now for the important question.. should developers give Verdict only to Furies or both druids?
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

Very few healers waste a point in that AA at all, since well, the copious other rezes already exist.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

All the druid hate is tasty though, given how many years they were the defacto healer to poop on.

It is particularly tasty when that hate is coming from the classes that were defacto the best historically.

By all means carry on with this delicious thread.
  12. Ximbaba New Member

Tiggy I dont want to see you on anti druid post :)
    Tigerr likes this.
  13. Arieste Well-Known Member

Oh really? So what you're saying is that there are all these healers that COULD be (according to you) saving their guilds HOURS of raid time and choose not to do it because of 1 AA? Wow. That's terrible. You should spread the word!

And just for lols, i looked up the #1 guild WW on EQ2u and opened the AAs of every one of the healers that show up on their first page (like 5 or 6 i think) and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them had the raid rez AA. But wait... we all know that the top guilds aren't real people, they probably have crazy super-amazing gear that allows them to play with no AAs at all and "Waste" precious points on a raid rez. So i looked up the #20 guild too! Out of the 5 healers on their first page, 4 have the raid rez too! But wait.. Top 20 is still pretty good. They probably kill avatars... So I looked up the #100 guild. Now, a lot of their players are under level 95, but they did have TWO level 95 healers on their front page.. and guess what? BOTH had the raid rez!

But ok, I'll just leave you to believe that "very few" healers use the raid rez.

I'll be honest with you, I'm sure you can find tons of healers that don't have it. There was about a year two expacs ago that i ran without it myself (much to the ******** of my co-healers). But to say "very few" healers use it is just uneducated. Especially if one believes YOU in the fact that they could be saving their raids countless hours of time.
  14. Tabri Well-Known Member

I dont get how druids getting their horrible rezzes fixed has anything to do with another healer class wanting ae blocks. Why is everyone complaining about something that is going to help everyone in the game especially raids?

Hey I want FD on my conjurer because the necro has it, this game is just NOT FAIR I cant charm undead either dang since they have that I want it to!! Come on. If you have problems with your class make suggestions on how to fix it instead of whining about them fixing something that was imo broken on another class that would benefit everyone.

But seriously do you really think SOE is going to give you something your class never had in the first place to compensate for fixing a problem with another class that was not working correctly that they already had?
    Xillean likes this.
  15. Darkon Well-Known Member

Just chiming in as raid leader of said guild. Pantheya is 100% correct. I can't tell you how often one druid managed to get away from a large mob prior to death, rebirths themselves, and raid rezzes. Then we're ready to pull in ~90s, instead of in ~6 minutes after people fly back navigating trash mobs. It's saved us countless hours. I can't imagine someone not taking it.
    Neiloch likes this.
  16. Arieste Well-Known Member

They're not getting fixed. They aren't broken any more than every other healer's sickness rez is broken.

Druids DO NOT get a good rez. Just like a Dirge doesn't get a good rez. Just like a Troubador doesn't get a rez at all. Just like your Conjurer does not get FD. Just like my defiler does not get an AE blocker.

A sickness rez is not a broken non-sickness rez - because if it is, then shoudln't ALL rezzes that give sickness get "fixed" to not have sickness anymore?
  17. Tabri Well-Known Member

I would be okay with them fixing all rezzes to have no sickness from anyone personally. Maybe make a stand for that. Asking for something that a class doesnt have at all in the first place that another class does on the other hand probably not logical. To my understanding though druids have had the longest rez time and harshest stat penalty out of the rest.
    Xillean likes this.
  18. Tabri Well-Known Member

I use rebirth and raid rez because of this, I also am a pro at running/fd to get my raid rez off if too close to the named. For some reason the other druids spec for dps yet my dps is about the same speccing for this instead anyway. I just dont want to sit there for an eternity waiting for people to fly back and I also dont want to fly back through all the trash either to come back to rez everyone.
    Xillean likes this.
  19. Arieste Well-Known Member

Right. I am not contesting that at all. What i'm saying is.. it was this way for a reason. The rez penalty or lack of a good rez is balanced out by other things. For example, druids get a self rez, so they save time from someone else having to cast a rez on them. Shamans don't get a self rez, but we get a good rez for others. Etc.

As you yourself said, just because one class does not have an ability that another class has (such as a non-sick rez) is not a good enough reason to just give it to them also. It's a matter of balancing one ability (like a non-sick combat rez) versus another ability (like a self-rez or ae blocker or extra di, etc. - those were just examples).

My entire point is that you can't just ignore balance and just give more stuff (especially when it's to the most powerful healing classes).

Let me give you another example. Are you familiar with the channeler class? Did you know that channelers only get ONE in combat rez. Like. ONE total. And it has a 5m range. So if you use it, it's down for the next 45s and you can't rez people - period. So if you're healing and you have two groupmates down and more than 10m from each other, you can't rez both. You have to rez one, then wait a full 45s to rez the second Not with a good rez, not with a bad rez, NOTHING. ALL other healers have multiple combat rezzes... someone listed the druid ones earlier, i think it was 3. Channeler has ONE, on a long recast and with small range. So, shall we give them two more rezzes? Shall we make them the same? Or do you think that maybe the class was designed to only have one rez as a balancing factor vs. some other things? Or do you think developers "forgot" to give them 2 more rezzes?

For the record, i'm all for giving channelers more rezzes. And giving druids and dirges and troubadors and everyone else more non-sickness rezzes. But you can't just make such a change without some kind of counterbalance change. If druids have 30 apples in their basket and you put another half-apple into that basket, then to coutnerbalance it, you gotta put half an apple in every other healer's basket. (For those counting at home, that'll make a total of 23.5 apples, 2 oranges and a prune for shamans)
  20. Tabri Well-Known Member

I understand your point but on that note I still dont see this as game breaking. In our raid regardless if my warden has a clean rez or not dirges will still be rezzing the entire raid with the POW mythical cloak and their single rezzes. Our healers regardless if Channeler, fury, warden, defiler etc do not rez ever unless all of our dirges are dead which is rare because we run with 3 in our raids.