So, since Druids are getting more stuff...

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Arieste, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Sisca Well-Known Member

Also, if you go watch the panel when the person asked about getting the no-sick rez the response was along the lines of "I didn't do that already, sure no problem". Obviously they thought every priest class already had a no-sick rez.
  2. Arieste Well-Known Member

Well, here is hoping that they thought that every priest class already had AOE blockers and working DIs then. :)

Since, you know, when developers don't know which classes have what spells, WHY they have those spells and what those spells are balanced against comapred to other classes... well... anything is possible.

Someone should maybe tell the DEVs that Channelers still don't have a normal (sickness) rez either. Or are we saying that when it comes to channeler rezzes, it's a matter of "balance vs. their other abilities", but when it comes to druids it's a matter of "it being a basic thing all healers should have"... that smells a lot like double standard again.
  3. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Is this a joke? Or are you actually being serious?
  4. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Actually, this years panel had the most pointless questions. Some of them were talking about mechanics that were already in game (That they didn't know existed) and others were crafting questions. There was not ONE person who asked regarding simple ward balance and the new crit types. Don't be mad at the devs for giving druids a clean rez. Be mad at the people attending that were asking the same questions over and over and over. I think the devs even had time remaining after the questions about Bunny Mounts, saddles and duck mounts. The druid rez question was like 1 of 5 that actually made sense to ask. People had a whole panel of devs waiting to answer questions about ANYTHING you wanted and people were asking about Duck mounts.

The "systems + mechanics" Q+A became "CAN I HAVE A DUCK MOUNT GAIZ"
  5. arturos Active Member

LOL druids getting more stuff? seriously. wow. oh wait i remember who asked for that stuff it was the guy that is just now trying to get into dom with his casual group. remember avi this isnt flames there are real casuals in these forums not just raids less days a week type casuals. No offense to those folks my 10 year old daughter is one of you, she loves the grouping. silly kid though asked me if my spot on the raid force was contested.. made me worry..
    Treiko and Kuulei like this.
  6. arturos Active Member

that bunny mount question had me in stiches for ever.. OMG way to funny why doesnt she just turn mount displays off if they bother her in dungeons?
  7. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Seriously though. The devs should have taken charge when they realized that the questions started becoming pointless. Xelgad why you entertain Bunny Mount questions man =(.

I actually felt so bad for you guys.
  8. Mktavish01 Member

Well if Arieste is being whiney , then isn't complaining about 2 minutes of revive sickness a bit whiney?

But Im wondering what spell they are going to remove the revive sickness portion on. They can't just simply tack it on any ole place as if they weren't set up with balance in mind in the first place. They are going to have to re-evaluate atleast all the similar rez spells priests have ... lvl 22,36,50.
    It would appear the fury got the short end of the stick with their lvl 22 and 36 not giving 1 minute before revived sickness is applied. But! those spells can't be interrupted. And doesn't one of the shaman have the same thing happening with there not being a 1 minute period without revive sickness?
    If people are using their battle rezzes out of combat that give the 1 minute bonus ... that's just stupid ... because it tacks on an extra minute till revive sickness is applied. So atleast the fury has more rez spells to use out of combat with only 2 minutes till revive sickness is gone.
    They need to just simply make the raid wide rez all priests can get eventually have no revive sickness if its such a big deal to have that 2 minute time sink. Or better yet , have the rez item priests give able to use on yourself ... so priests don't have to be bothered with targeting anyone.
    Possibly a gambling goblin at the raid entrance for a chance to get the loot would also be a great time saver :)
  9. Arieste Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, i couldn't care less about rezzes. Give them to druids. (please!) give them to channelers too. Heck, give them to Troubs also, just to even them out with dirges.

My point was that a decision to make a change was made with no regard whatsoever for the balance-related reasoning that existed behind the initial setup of things. I mean, why don't troubs get a rez? I mean, ALL the other bards do. Maybe it's because troubs DO OTHER STUFF instead, no? (Just to be clear, these are rhetorical questions.)

Anyhow, can we pls have a shaman-only duck mount that grants "Everybody duck!" group AoE blocker while shapechanging the entire group into really cute ducks. To support my argument, i offer this photograph of the world's only carnivorous duck that i took while in Antarctica:

[IMG]
    Kuulei and Kari like this.
  10. Mktavish01 Member

I knew the angle you were coming from ... and I think the whiney comments about revive sickness come from people not understanding about that extra minute till revive sickness is over. Also the benefit of having a battle rez that cant be interrupted.

But yep time sinks suck ... Gambling goblins for the win !
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

The combat rez is a complete non-issue IMO. They changed the rez cause anytime someone foolishly excepted a druid rez out of combat, we got to wait an additional 90 seconds before we can pull again. I can think of literally 100's of times this has happened on raids I've been on. In particular since they gave druids the pop-up after death ability they are commonly the ones throwing out rezes post-wipe.

In combat, its so rare we're asking a non-dirge to do a rez, it is noise and is never going to be a factor for if I want a druid in a given group vs another class. There are plenty of other reasons I would want the druid, none of which have any bearing on rezes.

So as I said, I don't count this as giving druids anything, they gave 24 people time back between pulls.
  12. Avirodar Well-Known Member

This request is more legit than some particular requests made at SOE Live.
    What mob could ever want to hurt such an innocent looking critter?!
    I approve.
  13. Tigerr Well-Known Member

They probably should have taken questions from people on the forums as well. I'd love to be in a room with a bunch of devs and talk about mechanics. Sad that people paid insane money just to ask for appearance items.
  14. Arieste Well-Known Member

Wait. Which classes have a raid rez that doesn't have a 90 second rez effect? I might be glitchin' here, but i'm fairly sure that every single healer has the EXACT same raid rez spell. Not a version of the spell, but literally the SAME spell. And it comes with 90 sec rez effect.

And hey, since you mention it... why not also give the self-pop-up to all other healers? So that we could use these amazing raid rezzes of ours - you know, just like druids will now be able to? and save the raid 5 minutes? Or are you ok with it being ONLY druids that can save the raid 5 minutes?
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

A number of the druid rezes instead have a buff applied for a period of time, then the penalty. So you have to wait a longer period of time if that rez is used post wipe.
  16. Mktavish01 Member

You mean there is a number of priest rezes that have the 1 minute bonus period applied BEFORE the 2 minute rez sickness kicks in. Warden is the only druid where this applies on the 3 class specific rezes.
    The fury how ever has 2 rezes where they give no 1 minute bonus period ... lvl 22&36.
    And one of the shaman also have a rez without that 1 minute bonus period. (as far as I know)

But if you say the bonus of a combat rez is not the issue ... where should the clean rez be applied to the druid ... if infact this is about a class balance issue. Cuz basically it looks like your saying the Warden in this case , shouldn't have to be aware that all their class specific rezes give that 1 minute bonus period before the 2 minute rez sickness ticks down.
    In which they should just cast the basic revive spell ... or get the raid wide revive.

If the time sink is so bad ... then we need Gambling Goblin ;) at the raid entrance for rolling a chance at the loot.

But I'm not saying that there needs to be a revive sickness time sink. Just that in the past , that has been used in an attempt for variation among balancing classes. Simply to willy nilly hand over clean rezes to druids because its just a pain for that extra time ... shouldn't be done ... but a serious revamp on how rez sickness is used if at all.
  17. Arieste Well-Known Member

so uhm.. don't use THAT rez post-wipe and use the same one that every other healer is using? which afaik is the ONLY raid-wide rez anyway. I mean, i have a purposely bad rez that i could use as Shaman, it's not one's fault if i'm being a moron and use THAT instead of a better rez...
  18. Lemon Wolf Member

Oh my god. All that arguing because of a rez??
    This is such a minor issue really. Its not like druids got a brand new game changing ability.
    I think its only fair for druids to get a rez without sickness just look at other priests rezzes.
  19. Mktavish01 Member

Since I know your very well acquainted with druids ... what rez would you presume to give the ability of having no rez sickness? Give specifics ... not some wave of the hand ... make it so gesture.
  20. Lemon Wolf Member

Well Natures's Touch would be nice without sickness. Then i could finally rez without people complaining about rez sickness,and yes it happened several times that people actually complained that i rezzed them.
    But still a rez is nothing but a minor issue. There are other things i would rather like to see in game for example a secondary ward on the spell Ward of the Untamed that would protect against melee damage. Maybe as an AA ability or something like that. It would be much more useful than a rez without sickness and would help with spike damage.