So our lifeburn should do 100 millions, in heroic ...

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kalika, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Schnooky Member

LOL.
    Lev 87 Schnookyy (extra y) is my daughters alt/play toon.
    Schnooky is me, lev 100.
    Im not trolling here, but if LB is properly used it is 2nd to 5th on the parse, and yes ill find some parses when i get home.
  2. Corv Member

LB is obsolete in AoM. It was barely worth using in ToV. This is due to stat inflation and the fact that LB does not scale proportionally, as others have said. An easy fix would be to cut the casting time down by at least 50%. A better fix would be to make it scale properly.
  3. Schnooky Member

[IMG]Ok so here is a Castle HH pick up grp.
    Can't say I did too well with LB this run, but to say the spell is obsolete simply means you arent using it correctly.
  4. Enigma Active Member

Schnooky in heroics where your gear is not gonna be great and fights may not last long yea you will see lifeburn like 5th or 6th on your parse and you will see a small dps increase however if your actually raiding in this xpac and your gear is better than heroic gear then LB will not be used b/c you will see a dps loss and with the amount of AE damage from these raid mobs its not worth using.

You will see a dps increase if you did not use LB at all during raids and you rotate your spells correctly. You are only seeing it from the stand point of running heroics which is nothing to base your facts from considering the huge nerf they recently did to AoM heroics. Do some real testing and find out for sure before posting things that are not simply true about our class.
  5. Schnooky Member

Obsolete means not worth casting at all in any situation.
    Is this thread only addressing high end named raid mobs?
    Nope.
  6. Enigma Active Member

Obsolete meaning the spell Lifeburn is outdated with its current scaling mechanics....Like are you wanting Lifeburn to stay in its current state while other spells continue to outperform it because of stat inflation?
  7. Corv Member

I think you guys talking about its place on the parse are forgetting that by casting LB you are taking away DPS from every other ability on your parse, as well as potential for procs during that time. Overall DPS is the correct measure to use for comparison, not the individual parse of LB.
  8. tbone88888 New Member

It's essentially doing the same damage as it was over 12 months ago. I can't really think of any other ability in the game that hasn't increased over the same time. Ground mount speed maybe? If that wasn't so sad, it might be funny :(
  9. Twisty Well-Known Member

Well, good you posted a parse, at least, presumably well knowing that you're about to be shown the error of your ways? As everyone has said, it just shows you don't have a good feel for nuances of necro spells and use LB in place of better available options. LB in heroic setting IS a small dps bump on burn fights of 45s or less, but for the hassle you bring with it to group, it's sorely underpowered is the point of this thread. Whoever said it's obsolete, is wrong, if you want to stick to wording semantics, but is it crap? - Yes.

Without further ado - let's check your ACT. Without knowing if it was pulled in a style of 20 mobs at a time or 2 at a time, I can still tell you that you're doing it wrong. If it's 20, you Awaken should be way more dps; if it's 2, Blighted should be in top 5-6, which you apparently don't even cast.

Also, be a dear, turn on auto-attack ;)

And for a Graverot spec, it sure isn't doing so hot. Either you're not casting your AEs to trigger it, or its poorly suited for the style of that group and you need to switch to RotFlesh, which will be way higher dps and in your top 3.

There, you're welcome. Lifeburn is a really really bad risk vs reward in its current state to the point where casting it in group is just shy of equivalent to farting in a full car. Everyone's groaning when u do it - and for what - 1/20th of your dps and 1/40th of someone who knows how to dps?
    Corv likes this.
  10. Schnooky Member

More gear coming soon Twist and I'll get out of my pvp spec so as to not confuse you.
    I'll show ya Grasshopper..... What LB can do with the right clickies, coordination, and maybe more ballz.