So our lifeburn should do 100 millions, in heroic ...

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kalika, Dec 7, 2014.

1. slica Active Member

I do though...and it's not..I've healed lifeburn this xpac in almost every heroic zone..they barely ever drop into the yellow...it's called being good at this game...it is not hard to heal..plain and simple..
    it is not the devs fault you play with bad healers and a game mechanic should not be altered due to this...it is as simple as that.
  2. slica Active Member

Invest in some gnostic essence of regeneration..you just healed your own lifeburn...end thread..have a great day
  3. Griffinhart Member

I really feel the need to point out that comparing life burn to fiery blast is meaningless. FB is the end line wizard ability while LB is the Necro mid-tier AA. The Wizard analog to Life Burn is Mana burn. And if you want to see how an AA fails to scale well, just watch mana burn.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Dude if I could press like on your post several times I would! Spot on!
    Manaburn is a joke and I don't even take it, it isn't even worth 1AA point IMO.
    Both manaburn and LB needs better scaling! But like you said, manaburn is a lot worse then LB :p
  5. Enigma Active Member

Heroics are always easy to self heal when it comes to LBing but in raids in this expansion it's a different story entirely and i'm not talking about easy raid zones like molten pools but high end raid mobs like the last two names in ssrae temple and highhold and even brokenskull raid zones. There are times when you can't even cast it because you will die if you do. Lol at some names AE's pulsing for 700k+ or higher and like 99% of progression names its just that high AE pulsing damage so.
  6. Enigma Active Member

Atleast manaburn has no risk factor tied into it..your free to cast it without having to worry about dieing to the stupid amount of AE damage that pulses from these raid names this expansion.
  7. Griffinhart Member

No one has said there isn't a risk factor difference between the two. Life burn at least gives a noticeable dps spike when used. Especially when with a decent healer in the group. Manaburn has been nothing more than a long casting nuke that doesn't spike DPS for a very, very long time. Either way, The point was that manaburn and not FB are the analog to LB and that Manaburn is far from a great AA.
  8. Laserbeak Member

Lol slica. I always agree with you.. But I'm sorry you're wrong here.. There has been lifeburn changes since you played a necro.. First and foremost... And you're assuming all healers are as beast as you..they are not...lifeburn needs help.. Its terrible.. Even when you build for it..I was hitting almost 2million HP's during lb..and i even got a reset of lifeburn during a 2min caden kelpin parse.. And it was still 5th on my parse...in a 2min fight that's horrid.. and when hp is that high and you use rod of ruin to directly modify it..loose one of the mostly contested spots for gear...charmslot...lb actually ticks alot
    Harder and makes it harder on solo healers...I had to have out of group healers to help heal it. Along with consumption..life tap rolling..signents..and I know you haven't raided any of the new content. But Constant aoe dots that hit really really hard.. Make lb almost useless on progression fights.. I mean if we all just ran heroics.. It would be fine.. But yeah. We don't. So to summarize. ..lb is trash.. Undead horde needs reuse lowered or awakened grave moved up to communion level..and lets not forget loosing all that castig speed to get maxhp is lame.... And please friends if you haven't played a class in not even remotely newish content... Hold comments. Thx
    Ajjantis likes this.
  9. Enigma Active Member

Lol noticeable dps spike? like LB does that these days...the damage is horrible, you only cast it when and if it can be healed through and you got nothing else to cast but other than that its like not worthy of being on your hot bar right now.
  10. Gigglezzz Member

I just wish people would play a necro in current "Raid" content and could see how horribly broken lifeburn is right now. It has already be stated numerous times by many necros that currently raid AoM content that casting lifeburn is not worth the risk vs the returns especially on mobs where as has been stated the ticking damage is close to 700k a tick and you are running with 1.2 - 1.7 mill hps in raid, not to mention on mobs that have death count fail conditions and the loss of certain group buffs due to deaths. Lifeburn needs a serious look for it being considered a class defining capability. Ranged weaps does more overall damage than lifeburn currently. Plain and simple, lifeburn is borked currently.
  11. Griffinhart Member

Spell weapon auto attack is a terrible metric to bring up as well. Even as a wizard it is often my #1 or #2 dps item on the parse and isn't meant to be a benchmark on how your spells perform. This is especially the case in AE fights where comparing its damage to a single target attack like LB. Spell weapon Auto always is higher on my zone wide parse than most of my spells, including FB and Manaburn. (usually one of the top two damage sources)

LB may or maynot be "borked." but be a little more realistic in comparisons.

And Enigma, are you claiming that if you do not use Lifeburn your DPS isn't significantly lower on a fight than if you did?
  12. Enigma Active Member

Lifeburn should only be casted if and only you got nothing else major to cast and in between soulrots and even if i did not use Lifeburn my dps will not be lower it would be the same for the most part especially when the fight lasts longer than 1min. In heroics if the groups dps is decent and fights last between 30secs and 2mins it would be worth using and you would see a somewhat dps increase for that time frame but lots of names in AoM have way to much HP.
  13. Enigma Active Member

There are times that if i use Lifeburn depending if i actually have to self heal it would lower my dps a bit since i have to use self heals rather then use something like soulrot/soulburn.
  14. Vunder Well-Known Member

I dont play a necro, but I heal raids. I have a necro in my grp that likes to complain about LB and not being able to cast it. Says it removes the FUN factor from his class. Not that is necessary but he simply loves to cast it. I'm not heartbroken because he will die, pulse dmg does 50-80% of our HP. Doesn't take long for him to die, his 1.5million health is moot. takes more dmg than I can spam single target and ancestors. End up healing him more per second then he puts out in dps from the spell.

On top of that, you have fail conditions that are quite easy to meet.
  15. Smite Active Member

Devs really need to change LB - maybe 100% to 50% health tick point for the same damage it does now without danger of dying or make it uber DPS - exponentially from 50%-1% health for playing chicken with the reaper.

The 10 million Necros never cast it but the up and coming Necros always do.

As a primary healer LB is just something I'd wish they'd never cast in its current state. Add in the fail conditions of AoM and the meh DPS...

Please help Necros- on the class overhaul. I remember when Divine Guidance for more hit points was something that was worth timing for Necros.

If you're looking for balance - what is 1s of 10% of an AoM Name's mob's hit points for Verdict? Why not give something like that in DPS for a Necro under 10% health on a LB?
  16. Ritten Member

These days lifeburn can be used to kill yourself as a strat to reset counters on some mob. Pretty sad it has come to that.
    And Smite is right, a 3% Verdict on a 30B HP mob is a 900 million hit when you think about it.
  17. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I went back to page one and read it all and i gotta say i was a bit of an *** i apologize. When this was made i was still in all ToV gear and probably doing the timeline on my warlock. I made a statement saying that i haven't seen a FB hit for 100mil in heroics. Well i betrayed my lock and realize that with the new gear and prestige it shouldn't be hard to reach. In only blue armour i was getting FB hits for over 80mil in bigger AE fights.

I really do hope the devs will fix LB, aswell as manaburn :)
  18. Schnooky Member

There is alot of misinformation in this thread.
    There is little to nothing wrong with LB in PVE. On my toon it is what it has always been, 2nd to 5th on the dps parse, depending on encounter and grp setup. It takes skill, communication and coordination to make LB shine in PVE. Please SOE do not ever change that aspect of the spell.
    In PvP LB is not usable, it is a death sentence for the necro about 80% of the time, so it's too risky to use most of the time.
    I have been playing necro exclusively for 7 years, no alts.
  19. Twisty Well-Known Member

Haha what? maybe if you auto-attack for the rest of the fight or fight duration is 15s and nothing has the chance to tick to full, then yea...

Can you please kindly include 2 or 3 screenshots of your ACT breakdown of these parses where LB is in your top 5 (2?!!) Will be glad to have finally set you straight on your 7 year necro path

Sincerely
  20. Ritten Member

Ehm...? Are you http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/515400621132, birthdate 2014-11-24, in level 85 SC gear? Please join this discussion when you have around 750 potency/crit bonus my friend. A lot has changed the last couple of expansions.