So our lifeburn should do 100 millions, in heroic ...

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kalika, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

This ability used to do 6-7 or even 10% of a boss hp pool.

=> weakest bosses do have 1 billion os hp, 1% is then 10 millions.

A full lifeburn should do something in the range of 70-100 millions of damage, nothing less.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well i'm not sure my numbers are correct, but as example a well played wizz
    in standard gear ouput fiery blast averaging at 20m with 180m max hit ... I also understand that this means loading a good "blast" which imply sophisticated timing, use of temp and potential synergy with illusionist bufs.

I'm not asking for free damage, just spaming a few spells ... which is sadly what we are almost forced to do.

We need to be able to construct our damage, like sorcerers do.
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Sorry but that is just silly!
    First of all I've never, ever seen a FB hit for 100mil! If you have please post a screenshot of it next time.
    Lets start comparing fieryblast with lifeburn then since that is what you did.
    FB is very situational and it is also the most difficult rotation I've experienced in game. You need atleast 8mobs to get those impressive numbers that you apparently have seen and gotten jealous of. If there's less them 8 mobs you can't build the increments back up for a second frozen detonation before FB hits.

Lifeburn, wich is super easy for any decent healer to heal through with the proper heads up shouldn't be hitting anywhere near as fiery blast! It needs some more love yeah, but try to keep it real :)
  4. Ritten Member

How many times did you die on this difficult FB rotation? In todays raids and groups I see my HP going all over the place, the extra LB HP cost often means a quick death and a huge loss of DPS for myself as well as for the rest of the group (group buffs that clear on death, the healer/bard rezzing, buffing - all this costs group dps).
    I am often grouped with a channeler and he greatly dislikes using single target heals, they are pretty expensive for him. Also LB doesn't eat wards or reactives. It might be ok to heal for druids, but it is certainly not super easy for any decent healer to heal through.
    Lifeburn does need attention. Even without the HP cost problem I do more DPS with my normal rotation than when casting LB, the spell is just crap. The devs should be aware of this by now though, from the mage feedback thread.
  5. Ritten Member

And they limit LB to 50% of the mobs HP to prevent it from being OP'd. Lol!
    Souldagger likes this.
  6. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I do agreed but asking it to be on par with fiery blast isn't realistic! It should be brought up to date tho like many other abilitys should, that I agreed with.
  7. Ritten Member

And why not? Name one other spell that is as risky to cast as Lifeburn please? I'm not talking about getting unlucky on a casting order and a bad FB sometimes, but dying all the time and possible messing up scripts.
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Only on rare occasions have I seen necros die by using LB, if you mess up scripts its becuz you had bad timing. U do not cast lifeburn during scripts or pulsing AEs. Fiery blast and frozen detonations are like the only means for a wiz to dps nowadays, FB need to be highest dmg hit otherwise there's zero point playing a wiz instead of necro. Its like asking for the fatal follow up chain on a brigand. Can't compare necro, wich has always been classified as a T2 dps to a wiz and ask for their signature move to hit for equal dmg. Because if we gonna compare single spells between classes I would like my defilers corruption to hit like apocalypse.
  9. Ritten Member

Fixed that for you.
  10. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Hehe well I can't argue with ya on that one :p

I'm not trying to be a PITA here, lifeburn really do need some tweaking and like you implied especially now with AoM and the massive grpwide pulse dmg. I would rather suggest that lifeburn gives you complete AE immunity for the duration of the spell and make the dmg modifiable by something to make it that special necro move again.
  11. Anunnaki Active Member

lolololol 100 million.
  12. Ritten Member

I just happened to find some old logs from late 2008 (I didn't play in KoS when lifeburn was introduced so I have no data from that).

On a fight in PR (Iztapa Vyx, 4.3M HP mob) my lifeburn did 9.7k ticks, which is about 0.23% of the mobs health per tick.
    If we extrapolate that to todays raid mob HP (20B for the easy ones) the ticks would have to be around 45M to be comparable to 2008 levels. Just saying...

Also it looks like I was using the scout pet then which did pretty nice on piercing damage. Lol.
    Kalika likes this.
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeah 100millions was probably a bit exagerated (in the core of my OP i actually mentioned that it was an order of magnitude) ... I would take 50 milllion happily.

Basically ritten in 2008 did 2% of an epic mob with a LB (10 ticks of 0,2), this correspond to my memories, even on an epic a good LB was visible and on heroic it was VERY visible.

Currently i get commonly soulburn for 12 millions, and our new open AOE may hit for 5 millions + (depend on distance) ...
    and a full LB is doing like 20 millions only.
  14. arturos Active Member

life burn is bunk its not useful except as filler at best. EB for the conjie is a must cast LB is a cast only with a gun to your head. Given the cast time of the spell and the rate of return of the spell itself its priority is sooooo low. You can tell a good necro from a casual if they cast LB or not.

You give us something that is as easy to cast as the conjy EB with the return that the EB has and its ability to be double by timewarp. Its a ZERO risk spell that can return a HUGE yield. If the conjies health dropped while casting this ability you can darn sure bet that they would not cast it either..
  15. Iseous Active Member

I think a more accurate comparison would be how much damage it did compared to other abilities. 45 million ticks would be so ridiculously overpowered (450 Million total), especially considering necros are already very strong.
  16. Anunnaki Active Member

Stop comparing EB to LB. They are not comparable under any circumstances.
  17. Enigma Active Member

Necros are not very strong but they are alright right now compared to other mage/scout dps they are behind and Lifeburn really needs scaling to be better so that it would be worth the risk casting. Undead Horde needs a much lower base recast and vampirism needs to be able to double cast and have its recast time lowered.

I would also suggest that if undead horde causes to much lag when using the ability that it be made into something similar to communion where instead of summoning a horde of undead minions it summons three powerful undead servants to lay waste to your foes.

Also have our spell weapon stats/max hp/resist and mitigation share with our pets so that the scout and tank pets have its uses. We should at the very least be able to use the tank pet to tank contest heroics and the easier heroic zones.
  18. Kalika Well-Known Member

I have asking for 100m total, ie 10m tick or even 5m.

Currently a full LB does around 20m (2m ticks).
  19. Laita Well-Known Member

You should learn the class of who's healing you... first off, channelers don't have a single target heal that they can spam, our only single target heal costs dissonance and if we spam it then the rest of the group is screwed... furthermore, if you aren't standing directly in front of your channeler than you are failing at this, as his next biggest heal is a frontal cone heal that hits the entire raid... and if you aren't one of the 6 closest people to the target, then you aren;t gonna get healed from healing barrage/arrow... so yeah... might want to work with your channeler a bit if you die a lot during lifeburn...

With that being said... 100m+ lifeburn is a joke, and should only be seen in those rare mythical crits... but just because it isn't 10% of your dps, doesn't mean it got terrible, it just means that there are more options... the shared mage prestige ability is pretty beast and should easily be cutting into that %...
    Diveris likes this.
  20. Laita Well-Known Member

completely disagree with this... AE immunity takes away the entire purpose/risk of "life burn"... just make it a regular spell then with no health cost and leave the damage as is, no risk/no reward... or if you want immunity, make it so the necro can't get healed for the entire burn and a second or two once it's complete...
    Diveris likes this.