So no more Colossal Reactants?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Indabuff, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Amusing, do you actually that Devs have any solid background in Mathematics, Game Theory (it's a serious field), Economics.
    No, they certainly other qualities that are very valuable but the ones i m speaking off are totally missing. They should hire
    some outsider.

I could give you many many examples that show that they don't really do the math, in the best case they simulate
    encounters (i hope they don't actually play them, simulating is way faster) and they adjust empirically.
  2. Deago Well-Known Member

Spreadsheets.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

I haven't had one drop since I started working on the level 95 recipes.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The last one I saw was less than 2 weeks ago.

With what I currently have stocked and all the items I've made, I've averaged about one a month since AoD's release. I've been pretty consistent, though I did have some time off and I dropped my main from the rotation some time ago. As an individual, it sounds crappy, but I'm betting there are multiples coming into the game every day.
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

I got one this week...had a couple in the bank waiting on new 90's. But gave one to my wife for her new heroic. All my 90-94's are still wearing colossal chest pieces. They don't drop like they used to, but I still get one or two a month if I make it a point to craft regularly...I do admit to backsliding on that aspect though.
  6. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Nowadays, yes you do. Your chat window will say something along the lines of "You receive 500 XP for killing the Forum Troll! You receive 1000 XP from bonuses! You receive 200 XP for defeating the encounter! You receive 400 XP from bonuses!" ...the "bonuses" are the sum of all your percent-XP boosts.
    Wurm likes this.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I should have mentioned that during the summer goldrush the Effects would say 10%, use the potion, then it would say 35%.

You can also go into a player dungeon on play as self. Kill something, use the potion and kill another mob. You'll see that the xp you are awarded after using the potion increases.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

hmm- sounds like you were in a crappy guild. it is so hard to know what a guild will be like until you are in one- many policies aren't explained from the beginning like they should be.
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It does seem like Colosals are rarer since July. I have been keeping records since 2011 and there seems to be a dramatic reduction from August through January every year. My best months have been April through June.

BTW: Not all guilds use DKP. I suggest looking for one that uses another method to distribute loot. There are a ton of folks that refuse to fall prey to demon DKP :)
  10. Tatanka_7th Active Member

Someone above mentioned not seeing any since starting level 95 recipes. I'm 100% sure that the one colossal I saw was when researching a level 90 recipe. Lately, all I've been researching on all three are level 95 recipes, and haven't seen any more.

Can anyone confirm seeing a colossal when researching a level 95 recipe?
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

I got one just today.
    I haven't seen any fewer colossals then before. I tend to get them in clumps, but they come steadily.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

+1 today.

btw, I'm not researching anything on most crafters. I don't even coach. The level of what you're researching doesn't matter.
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Since I started researching the Azure recipes I have seen an increase of how many colossals I have been receiving. I have 11 level 95 crafters. Just added the 11th one a few weeks ago but have had 10 of them for over a year. Just got one this morning. It does seem to cluster...nothing for long period of time then like 3 toons will get one during the same week.
  14. Tatanka_7th Active Member

OK, I'm totally confused. If you're not coaching, how are you getting the reactant? You get them as a reward for coaching.
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Coaching is the "let me teach you something" option [separate from the "let me make you something" one]...no crafting required, just decreases the time remaining a bit. It's not necessary, but helps shorten the research time.
  16. Tatanka_7th Active Member

OK, that helps. But still confused by the "I'm not researching anything on most crafters. I don't even coach". So he's doing the "let me make you something" deal, while not even researching anything? I'm surprised they even let you do that.
  17. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I saw one recently as well.

I have 6 alts in an alt guild, which I attend to sporadically. But - all their reactants go into that guild depot, they did not exist pre-CoE, did no quests on the way to 95, and I've never taken any out, so it's a pretty good indicator of my success rate.

Azure Reactants: 537
    Colossal Reactans: 8
    Current Rate: ~ 1.5% (*)

* I'm too lazy to do the probability math right now, but I bet at any degree of certainty, that's going to be 1.5% +/- 1.5%. Ie, sample size too small to draw any real conclusions beyond the rate being low, but non-zero.
  18. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Yeah, the researchers don't care...they'll give you the daily [well, 18-hour] quest no matter what. Which was useful for that period of time before the last game update, when I'd researched everything and had nothing left to research... :^)
    Deveryn likes this.
  19. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I am getting colossals with 95 recipes. 12 in May, 9 in June, 7 in July, 1 in August, 2 in September, and so far 2 in October. I have 32 out of 42 crafters that are researching 95 level recipes. For obvious reasons I don't check them all dally though.so my results are not typical.

My anecdotal records show a grand total of 90 Colossal reactants, 490 other tier reactants, 4,391 Azure reactants, and 2,258 Mysterious Blue Coins, as well as 287 tier 9 rares and 986 other tier rares.
  20. Wurm Well-Known Member

Its good to know that they still drop... now if SOE would tweak the RNG for them it would be great. My daughter hasn't gotten one since the researchers were added to the game and it is pretty frustrating.

That and the Brell Shawl proc needs to be looked at.