So no more Colossal Reactants?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Indabuff, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Indabuff Active Member

Do we still get a chance of a colossal reactant on our max level crafters at all now? Crafting was
    the only real way to attain them I would hate to think I don't have a chance at making those recipes
    anymore.
  2. Sambril Well-Known Member

Colossals are still possible - the blue coin and azure reactantare additions, not replacements
    Elostirion likes this.
  3. Elostirion Well-Known Member

You get { [one or more azure reactant] ,and [one blue coin] , and one of [ (potion) or (20x common) or (rare) or ("old" reactant) ] }
  4. Gudum Active Member

Thats a relief, was really concerned about losing my source of colossal reactants.

What level do you start getting the azure reactants & coins? I briefly tried beta a week or two ago, and was getting them at level 92, but now don't get them on the live server.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It "should" be only at level 95, since the reactants are for the level 95 research. I haven't had a chance to test it much on live, but if you're not getting them at 92, chances are, they've settled it on 95 :D
  6. Cyliena Well-Known Member

My 92 alchy did not get them but my 95s did (on live). Makes sense and 92-95 is short work. :)
  7. alvane Member

I started doing the new updated for the apprentice. On my third character, I received, A mysterious blue coin, an azure reactant and a colossal reactant. On my first two characters, I received, the blue coin, azure reactant and 2 different potions - one innovation, the other for harvesting.

So, yes, you can still receive the colossal reactant.
  8. Afista Well-Known Member

I also received a normal Colossal in addition to the new tradeskill items as a reward on wednesday's apprentice runs. So they are definately still in the mix :)
  9. Sambril Well-Known Member

Just got my first post-GU colossal, along with 4 azure from the same quest - nice roll :D
    Feara likes this.
  10. Caela Well-Known Member

I almost always get the booby prize. 20 commons - and only one azure...

One day I'll hit the jackpot.
    Cyliena likes this.
  11. ZUES Well-Known Member

I have not seen a colossal reactant drop in 2 years.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

I really don't get the purpose of Azure Reactants.

Grats on crafting level 95 MC that has the same stats as level 92 solo quest gear?
    Whilhelmina and Cyliena like this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm with you here... I don't get the point of the new items either. Even the 'fabled' versions are only 162 stats.. which is below the 163 legendary heroic drops.
  14. Caela Well-Known Member

Don't they add red adornment slots?

(I could be crazy - but I thought I saw that)
  15. Sambril Well-Known Member

Yes, the tempered version has red slots, and the main point of the azure reactant is to make the basic azure item (which can use a refined rare for +10% on stats). While you could use that by itself it is the primary component of the tempered version - and any refined bonus is passed along. You also need 5 of the dropped materials (or buy them for 100 blue coins a piece). You can then experiment on the finished product. After all that you may well find that you can get better items elsewhere, but it is another avenue for gear that some may find useful.
    In my view it is a shame that they are all for slots already covered by colossal reactant gear, so the tempered version replaces rather than complements existing crafted items.
    Feara likes this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

The problem is that if you don't use a refined rare and experiment 5 times on the gear, it's worse then solo quested gear.. despite needing 5 pieces of heroic dropped mats. The basic one is worse then the trash we've been 'muting from the CoE solo gear for months now and the best ones, aside from the red slot, are worse then steward gear, which is easier to get.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

This stuff gets two white and a yellow on the Legendary item and get a red on the Fabled.
    They also benefit from refining rares and experimentation. I expect to see some high stat numbers on final products.
  18. Sambril Well-Known Member

These are some pics I took on beta - I think they are still accurate, at least in main stats

[IMG]

Regular azure is a strong improvement on master crafted (both could be refined/experimented for increased stats)

[IMG]

More slots, better stats, better mitigation on the tempered vs colossal - and the tempered can benefit from refining and the colossal cannot.

Just on the main stat:
    With refining the tempered should be 167 str, experiment once should be 183, experiment twice should be 192.
    (note: I have not actually done this in game, so actual numbers may vary a little)
  19. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Some of the recipes are 202 stat, but require other things as well as reactants I think.

Yeah the regular reactant gear is completely a waste of time.
  20. Prrasha Well-Known Member

The equipped effects have changed from those screenshots: they're now +25 attack stat, +25 stamina, (or sometimes just +50 stamina), and a random other effect (like +20 attack skills, +40 haste, +2 potency, +3 hate gain, etc.)

The blue/green/mitigation stats are identical.

So the total stats are ok. Just kind of lame that you have to refine + temper + experiment just to get the crit bonus/potency/etc up to par with old gear. And since you only get 5 experiments, you can't get everything up to par on items with lots of blue stats.

Experimenting should be a bonus, not a requirement to make gear that's "about as good as what you're already wearing."