So no more Colossal Reactants?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Indabuff, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Elostirion Well-Known Member

No... it sounds just right from what you said. Its about a 1 in 300 chance to get a reactant from the quest. So each toon should expect one about once a year...ish. The game doesnt care what toon you're on. So with 10 crafters you should expect *on average* one a month, just like my wife and I do on each of our accounts.

The RNG will still be streaky though. I got none in January or February for example, four in March, none in April and two so far in May.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

True. I got none for several months, then I got one yesterday on my Jeweler, and another today on my Carpenter.
  3. Guy de Alsace Member

I'm going to go through all of my crafters now :)

I'll see if I can get time to login every day and do it on all of them this week - you never know...still optimistic after how ever many years since AoD went live...
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The only place I've gotten the Colossal reactants is from apprentices. They have seemed rarer after CoE came out, but could just be my luck with the RNG. Haven't seen one since GU66, but did get one just a few days before it went live. Definitely worth feeding the apprentices daily if you are after those.
  5. Tatanka_7th Active Member

Sorry for the necropost, but just wanted to post a data point, and ask a question...

I have done the daily apprentice quest each day x 3 for the last two months. So that's roughly 180 times (at level 95), since August. I got one Colossal early on (mid-late August), and none since. On a fourth Apprentice, at lower level, I've gotten one (a level 30 reactant).

Is this the only source for these? Because, judging by the cost on the broker (never less than 100p), it seems supply is kinda short, and given the stats vs what you can start getting at 92, it's not worth buying them for 100p, since you'll only use the items for two levels.

Tat
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They're supposed to drop from a couple Velious heroic zones (I forget which). What you see on the broker doesn't really indicate supply and the price isn't that bad. 100p isn't that hard to come by these days (especially as a gold player). I believe most folks keep them for themselves. I have 37 saved up at the moment. The gear still has some value since experimentation came into play. It's not the best but it's definitely a great start at 90.
  7. Erszebeth Active Member

They are supposed to be rare drops exclusive to the apprentice and Drunder heroic zones, still the hardest dungeons in DoV even if they are completely irrelevant anymore for anything short of lore. To the best of my knowledge they were never added to the SS zones.
  8. Miamya Guest

The rate on these from TS apprentices is still rare, but seems about right. I do not know what the rate is from drops in Velious zones, but I suspect the higher cost still for these on the broker is more of a result in people just dumping them into their personal depots as opposed to using/selling them.
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The chance for a colossal is absurdly low, I haven't seen one in months doing 9 dailies a day.

The entire exercise is moot now since the gear we are researching will be worthless, and the components were too hard to come by for subpar gear unless you 5 experimented on it. I haven't even researched all the recipes from CoE yet and ToV is coming soon@. The apprentice is a trick to get you to log in every day and it's not worth it.

Why would anyone craft in this game now other than to just straight up waste time?
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you think it's a waste, don't do it. Obviously not everybody agrees with you.
    suka likes this.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

Pretty much.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

The only reason I did it was that it was very fast. Only my main is a crafter and i have no plan to ever have another one.
    Normaly the best items should be crafted from raid dropped components, and standard master crafted items should be close to common instance drops. We are very far from that. The problem, like in almost any domain in the game, is that devellopers are not smart at all. They lack a basic rationnal and scientific brain, and they don't even pla their game.
    Erszebeth likes this.
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

14. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I didn't know that it stacked, and kind of curious how you can tell that it actually does.
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

And you know this how?
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

Colossals...Yeah, I like them. Will give a decent chestpiece that will last to around 92 or so. But I'd much rather have those potions of bountiful harvest. They make my harvesting much more profitable.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Mouse over your xp bar and it's broken down. 200% vitality, 200% veteran, 25% effects (the potion). So it obviously stacks with the other xp buffs.
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If you open the edit link in a new tab, it works fine.
  19. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean it actually does, but it is possible. it's also impossible to prove since you don't know how much a mob is worth before you kill it.
  20. Raff Well-Known Member

It was more of snide reply to your last sentence...

" The problem, like in almost any domain in the game, is that devellopers are not smart at all. They lack a basic rationnal and scientific brain, and they don't even play their game "

That statement.....is so wrong..in so many ways...