So...Heartbound...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lea Plath, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Neiloch Well-Known Member

If everyone can get it any sort of 'casual v. hardcore' argument goes out the window. Plus since Fervor is a percentage boost, it doesn't close the gap between performance of a 'casual v. hardcore'

The absolute best way to make the most efficient use of this buff is to have 2 subscribed/gold accounts, heartbound to an alt on your secondary/dummy account and park them in front of the house item to rekindle every 30 minutes. This is about 2 degrees away from just paying $15 a month for 30 fervor.

I will admit it isn't P2W and apologize profusely if the duration is lengthened (2+ hours)and doesn't require both characters to be online to work in full.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Ishuna and Jaden like this.
  3. Jaden Well-Known Member

---------------
    Its for both instances.

"The agnostic zone below level 95 is the same as it was before the health is not different. 95+ however the creatures have more hit points and its tuned for a full group."

Also: ***Supposed to be for group challenge not duoing etc. according to devs...

"Just for the record Agnostic zones were never really intended for people to duo them they were still supposed to retain that you needed a group to do them. Having said that I do feel they are a little too difficult right now and that is why we are taking a close look." - Gninja
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/new-20-100-agnostic.569515/
  4. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I would pay $15 a month to not have to click it every 30 minutes. Hey, new revenue concept...
    Pixilicious and Neiloch like this.
  5. Dajjal New Member

Thats odd, I would have thought the companionship of playing with your wife would have been enough of a benefit, isnt that why you got married irl cause you wanted to spend time with each other?

Ill be honest, 15/30 fervor is just way too much, 2.5 and 5 would be more like it and even then its kinda cheezy. Its going to be a nightmare for anyone, even real life couples to have to unbind/rebind every time they swap to different toons to fill a groups needs, not to mention the fact that I can already see this slowing down groups wanting to run through instances as people are going to want to randomly pop back to their guildhall/home to rekindle their affection buff.

IMO its a pretty transparent way to try to make people pay for a second account to box with their main if they dont have someone they can guarantee will be on at all times they play and willing to swap over to the appropriate alt to match at a moments notice?
  6. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

For real.
  7. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I want a little hearty particle effects to issue from my toon's head when I'm heartbound. Think how cute raiding will be with all these dudes heartbound to each other with floaty hearts! Kawaii !
    C'mon PlayerBOB, its not like, IRL - just click YES, we'll get a buff!
    Are you suuure?
    Yeaah, its 30 fervor man, click yes... and meet me back here after the we kill the first named....
    <3 <3 <3 ...<3 ... <3

And yes, you can break the bind - just click on the altar again after being heartbound to dissolve / break the bond.
  8. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

9. RedBB Active Member

If fervor is so game breaking let's start with all the ethereal runes and weapons that proc 100 fervor. Cut the proc down to 25 or 50. Leave the heartbound a constant 15% when the Mr or Mrs is online and grouped. If it is indeed that game breaking (which it isn't) let's hit all fervor items. At least it will be a little more consistent and quite a bit more linear.
    Zeddicious and Prissetta like this.
  10. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

RedBB - now you know that the some raid community has already decided that we (casuals) don't need (read deserve) a fervor buff at all. Especially one that we didn't group/quest/collect/raid for! I wanna have my cake, eat it, and then tell you the cake is too good for you: I mean, its too powerful for you. smh

I've grouped with a LOT of people - and trust when I say, they could really use that 30 fervor in a bad way.
  11. semisus Does not play this game

well having to heartbound will make it a must for both raids and heroics alike , what about us that dont want to do that?
    can we get a "alone" quest that give us the same?
    Torvaldr and Datoon like this.
  12. Datoon Active Member

Yep as above... What about US loners that don't want to be heartbound to anyone!
    Torvaldr likes this.
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Yeah, don't you know us loners have to stick together?
    Torvaldr likes this.
  14. Entropy Well-Known Member

I'd rather they just globally decreased mob HP by 25-30% than keep this the way it is. It's the same net effect on balance, but we don't have to do ridiculous crap like park alts in a guildhall to click an item every 30 minutes.

(Note: I don't actually want them to decrease mob HP by 30%. Most content in this game is easy enough as is.)
    Neiloch likes this.
  15. Isult New Member

Yep as above... What about US loners that don't want to be heartbound to anyone!

Exactly! What happened? Did I wake up in a Jane Austen novel or something-Marry or perish? Did Antonia abdicate and Victoria is Queen now? Maybe I can get forced into an arranged, loveless heartbinding by my raid leader. There's a glass ceiling in place here that is discriminating against those of us who choose to be free of conventional social mores and expectations. Maybe I can get +1 fervor per cat in my spinster household...or +30 fervor for every time I shag the cabana boy (that could almost be a perma-buff, perhaps, but I digress).
  16. d1anaw Well-Known Member

That's why we did it. We've done two characters so far and will problem do all that we can match up. It is hilarious that all those who are so into the whole "I'm so uber" thing are whining. BTW, either it is nerfed already, thanks whiners or it wasn't that high. Last night it was 5 and 15.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's 15/30 if both of the partners are subbed.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

This is where the devs hope you just subscribe a second dummy account to get the buff and they get $15 more a month.

Giving everyone 30 fervor is a wash in terms of comparing one player to another, its a tide that raises all boats since its a percentage boost. But you are right that it will increase performance against content since it doesn't boost NPC's in any way.

The problem is that the means of using the buff are a clear P2W gambit since the best and most efficient way to manage it is to use a subscribed dummy/alt account. $30 a month for 30 fervor.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  19. Morrdredd Member

Honestly, this reward's intention was for people who met in game and I personally like the stat buff... but obviously, when I raid with my significant other.. it is a waste of my time, the raid's time, and his time.. to have one of us go back to the hall just to renew the bond... why do we always have to complain about a good thing here... everyone pays to play this game.. and if they choose to reward us with a nice buff like this... then it is what it is...
  20. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I do wish there were a way to call to my heartbound, like a couple's COV. (Lineage had one called .gotolove that was excellent.)