So...Heartbound...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lea Plath, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Livejazz Well-Known Member

You say that now, but you haven't yet seen the complete & total shift in mechanics that's bound to come with it. Like, you've been stacking CB/Pot for ToT raiding, & AbilMod if you're a caster, but in the next expac it's all going to be about Haste, Casting Speed, & Flurry/Doublecast, or something like that.

See, that's how they'll "fix" the Heartbound issue -- they'll simply, completely, de-emphasize Fervor :rolleyes:
  2. Mandoblast Active Member

Haste = flurry = 100 hard cap.
    Casting speed = Double cast = 100 cap
    CB = 3k hard cap
    Pot = No cap
    AB = 50% of ability cap (which increases as pot goes up)

I am not sure where you are going with your point, but to address fervor there is a hard cap at 150. Resolve is a new mechanic designed to tune raid and heroic mobs. On the Fervor side, we now "can" get 30 fervor with minor effort. Resolve is being adjusted now so it can be implemented in the next expac.

GU 100 should allow most guilds to complete ToT raiding fairly easily and a lot of raid guilds pretty much only have GU 100 raids as gear. I am not ready to say "bring on the expac" but I can see guilds that have been farming ToT for a lot longer ready for the next phase.
  3. Poofe Active Member

This is the only application that makes sense (on any server). I'd include mercenary use too though.
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

With just the little bit of stuff I've done (I'm savoring the content so it will actually *last* me until xpac):
    It feels as though this is already somewhat done with the HP pool of the mobs. Yeah, groupwide its near 400m plus dps on a trash pull, but the actual physical time elapsed to kill those mobs feels "normal" for a lack of a better term. Which, if the goal was to physically keep players in-game - its working. Just like taking a quick travel bell to another zone, only to see that your destination is on the complete other side of the map. gg.

So sure - we can reach the fervor cap at 150, but it feels as though on the other side, the HP pool has gone up to compensate. (e.g. agnostics prior to fix)

Unfortunately, I don't have concrete "detect weakness" stats to verify - maybe I'll do that today after the whatchacallit.
  5. Ixian Active Member

Someone reported that the Fervor cap was increased to 200.
  6. Nkito Well-Known Member

I have seen the stat in the character window spike higher than 150 since the update, have not actually tested it.
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

But then you'd have people wanting to be heartbound to their pets! Where would the insanity end? Think of the children, people. Think of the children!

Okay, on a serious note, the idea of having the buff only apply when it's just those two in a group makes a lot of sense. I still think 30% on Stormhold is far too high though.
  8. RedBB Active Member

I know how they interact. And it just further reinforces why everyone losing their **** over 30fervor for 30mins makes little sense. Their is power creep. Always has been always will be. What is bad is power creep without a level increase. Then they start having to tweak mobs and those just getting in are screwed. But lets all be realistic, it's a cornerstone to the new GU and I am sure DB took into account this new buff. I swear they could give 50mil plat to every person and people would ***** about the economy. They give you a buff and people ***** its OP. They give you some revamped material and a few add-ons and zomg it's boring. They introduce a new stat to increase the challenge and bye bye trade skill. They could give away a free BJ with each xpac and y'all would whine that they aren't doing it right.
  9. Rougez Active Member

It does in fact cap at 200 now, I'm not sure why they didn't include that bit of info in the GU notes.
  10. Entropy Well-Known Member

We "whine" (I'd rather call it "provide focused feedback") because we care about this game being appropriately challenging and fun. I'd go play Hello Kitty Online Adventures or jump on Facebook and click around in Farmville if I wanted a completely mindless experience.
  11. RedBB Active Member

Well this game has been there with the same zones over and over so now what? Seriously go back make a new toon level it to 100 and watch how fast you creep from 3m dps to 300m dps in A SINGLE EXPANSION. But holy crap 30 fervor.
  12. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Then people would quickly notice that the character window plat display only goes up to 6 digits...and the trade window doesn't even do that many :p
  13. Xper Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, giving 50mil plat to every person would totally destroy the economy. So yeah, people probably would.
    Neiloch likes this.
  14. Livejazz Well-Known Member

People with sense would absolutely complain about the effects on the "economy," so perhaps the analogy is spot-on.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  15. RedBB Active Member

Yep just as pumping 500p a pop with loyalty tokens did. And just as this tsunami of stats will the combat system. Point is there are bigger fish to fry here than a single buff. But nobody wants to complain about all that.
    CrystalStar likes this.
  16. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Wellllllll... the many and various problems with class balance and stat inflation are being discussed on literally dozens of other threads, each about a specific issue. This thread is about heartbound, so that's why it's the recurring theme of this thread...
    Neiloch, Livejazz, Xillean and 3 others like this.
  17. RedBB Active Member

Need a bullet point thread. I have only seen a couple of others and they were discussing the same thing. Best way to balance out classes would be directly via spells/CAs then go back and bring down the gear stats. In the mean time this band aid works for those who are behind the curve.

It is nice to see them do something for people who group alot. For instance I play a ranger and the wife plays a warden. So without each other its going to be ugly anyways. But this goes a long way to limping through without a tank around. Should it come down? Absolutely but not before the rest of the gear does. We don't play alts, we're not blowing money on xp vials, and therefore the XP solution is a non starter. CB/Pot buff would be nice if it rivals that of the sig ring. That is useful. Fervor is useful. Mitigation and avoidance would be useful. XP and status aren't.
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

That is hard to believe
    I see 6.5k POT - by any mean it's not easy to come
    800ish - signature ring
    jewels from Zek carry from 250 to 450POT on it
    2 relic pieces - add another 350-380POT total
    You will end up with 4k Pot at best
  19. Entropy Well-Known Member

He may have some temp self-buffs on. Sitting without temps solo I am at roughly 2.1k CB / 6.1k POT / 170k AbilityMod. Goes up to 2.3k CB / 7k POT with my long duration temps (that are almost always up in combat thanks to reset hammer). That spikes even further to over 9K POT solo with additional longer refresh temps.

He's also obviously in a group, as his Resolve is higher than the realistic max possible from gear right now. Could very well be grouped and in combat with a bunch of group procs running as well.
  20. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Indeed. Thank you for bolstering the argument. Excess number inflation is bad. Yes, we know, it is, in fact, what we're saying in this thread.

Actually, people do complain about "all that" all the time. Because, yes, there is a "bigger issue" & it's called "developer's mistaken philosophy that all stats, every expac, need to expand even further beyond absurdity."

In which context, I'm unsure why you're not complaining about the excessive power of the Heartbound buff, because it's emblematic of the "bigger issue" you are complaining about.