So, about that Silver/Broker Selling thing...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Morukta, May 14, 2022.

1. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I am Avirodar.
    But as we're pals now, you may call me Avi :cool:

What work are you suggesting I didn't do? I have tried to find evidence to support the OP. I found nothing.
    It is reasonable to ask someone making a claim to produce evidence. I asked, sadly nothing has been produced.
    Hartsmith and Siren like this.
  2. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Only when The Ayodi learns to speak in the third person can The Ayodi refer to The Ayodi as The Ayodi. :p
    Riverbear and IkeuCakes like this.
  3. Ayodi Active Member

So, funny story. I go & have my tea leaves read, accidentally evauatin' this tiring thread ."Someone newly arrived has changed the status quo." So, not having gone to the lengths to read entrails, yet, it boils down to SOE/DBG knew about the situation with Silver seller and buying and whatever but the peeps there just did not give a rip to take action. (For the afore mentioned 11 years........... still dubious 'bout that) Tea leaf reading tells The company got new hire onboard that seen it and said we don't need any of that here. There. Substantive Investigation! Also I don't like peeps throwing shade against other people who have English as a second or third language. it's a cheep shot.

-The Ayodi
    Hartsmith, Geroblue and Riverbear like this.
  4. Riverbear Active Member

@The Ayodi - It's okay, long words unhorse the short tempered.
  5. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Just talked to a friend, that is a Silver acct, and he said he is STILL able to SELL on his account.

Ok; so they supposedly took it away, but I guess it didn't take deactivate on ALL Silver accounts.

Now that pisses me off and others as well. Give the broker to some but NOT ALL. Come on DBG/DPG!!!
    Avirodar and Geroblue like this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

After the company sees your post, your friend is going to be pissed when they fix his account.
    Hartsmith, Breanna and Forestchild like this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

I think what you describe here is the exact situation that has occurred for a long time. Some people clearly had the ability, others did not. Some people appear to think grandfathering has something to do with it. Other that are grandfathered in all other respects have not had this ability. As I have been subbed all this time, I have no stake in this. If you read the forums long enough, there's a whole history of things that for one reason or another, took ages to get fixed that people started to assume were intended, until they got fixed. (The famous food/drink effect bug comes to mind) It sounds to me like this is one of those.
  8. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I completely agree. Giving the ability to sell on the broker "to some but NOT ALL" grandfathered silvers is a bit dirty.

I tried to find evidence to support claims it was intended for grandfathered silvers to have the ability to sell on the broker. I found no evidence. No official forum post. No official announcement. No fan site article. No wiki post. No reference on any subscription matrix. No debate about it on official archived forums or fan site forums. And no one else has, either.

The complete absence of evidence indicates it was never intended. DBG just needs to sort it out, properly.
    Siren likes this.
  9. Riverbear Active Member

Insufficient effort to claim no results.
    So if it was nothing to get you off that chair of yours ~ it was a good try? ~ Insufficient.
    Find out WHO was involved with the situation and obtain an audience with them.
    Teleconference. Voice call. Text. Registered mail. Face to face. Whatever, seek the person involved.
    ('Within arms reach' always trumps net surfing.)
    And before you decry my suggestion, that is exactly what I have done in the past, with topics that mattered.
    Be Well :)
    Ayodi likes this.
  10. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Sounds great. You can go ahead and do what you just described.

You claim to have done it before, so do it again. I eagerly await your success, and subsequently posting credible evidence to support claims made by the OP.

Good luck to you, and have a lovely day.
    Hartsmith and Siren like this.
  11. EnvironmentalHazard New Member

If you can view DDS files, search the game files for the term "upsell" where you will find 4 pics/messages about account features. I think they pop up in game when you try to do something without paying. They mention silver accts and broker selling. upsell_feature.dds upsell_gold.dds upsell_member.dds upsell_silver.dds
    Ayodi likes this.
  12. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Ayodi and Avirodar like this.
  13. ShriNayne New Member

My husband and I played on and off since Beta, both of us had full broker access until a month or so ago, we just assumed everyone did. I'm not posting to get into an argument, I'm just posting because there seems to be some confusion as to whether some very old Silver accounts had access or not. We did have a paid subscription while we were actively playing, but not if we took a break for 6 months or more..
    Lateana and Geroblue like this.
  14. Riverbear Active Member

Poor dear! You do not dictate terms. Sorry about that. :(
    Do not let your highlighted lack of action be indicative of a need to direct others, love.
    It's your sugar stick, you walk the walk
    Your inference is flawed in not understanding "..with topics that mattered."
    I do not have a dog in the silver fight .
    Ayodi likes this.
  15. Ayodi Active Member

No dog in the fight, huh? then don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out! This line is all about a Silver account anomaly that resulted in actions what raised the ire of some players. It's not about HOW players discuss it. Now, GIT!

-The Ayodi
    Lateana and Avirodar like this.
  16. Avirodar Well-Known Member

You attempted to dictate terms when stating that I should take specific actions, including sending "registered mail" to someone "who was involved with the situation". You then go on to state that I do not dictate terms, when I suggested that you follow your own advice.

The double standard is rather sad. Please, do better.

By your own admission, you "do not have a dog in the silver fight", and this is a topic that does not matter to you (or you would be sending registered post to people involved with the situation). Thank you for your ... contribution.

I am still hopeful the OP, or a supporter of the OPs position, can provide any evidence of substance to support the claim.

Have a lovely day.
    Siren likes this.
  17. Ayodi Active Member

Thread tag: SO, about the Silver/broker/selling thing. How does your tantrum, with it's wonk chop, forward the discussion about Thread topic? A pit fight between players who got a break from game overlords, and them what did not, By this point I remind us all that there have been appreciated testimonials regarding the topic, from all sides, and I invite all to revisit the frank and accurate tellings made by players actually in the effect of the anomaly. Shouting at participants no longer present = impotent.

-The Ayodi
  18. Pscymin New Member

I'm wondering if the discrepancies between the silver accounts had anything to do with the old Station Pass vs EQ2 only subs.
    I ask, because my wife, younger brother, and myself were Station Pass subscribers and all stopped playing shortly after Sentinel's Fate was introduced.

Since then I and sometimes my wife have popped in for brief visits to Norrath over the years, each time using the silver account status. I would however pick up things from the store, such as a new race, new class, or just some appearance item, so I could go traipse around my old haunts in my new duds. With nary a thought of the restrictions of silver v gold v bronze even after the FTP was modified to its current state of Subs vs Non Subs and the silver accounts that still exist.

But each time, we were able to sell on the broker. at least until recently. I get that according to all documentation we were not supposed to have that ability per se, but anecdotally I've know I have had the ability to do so since the silver accounts were first introduced.

So I am curious if anyone else who had the "grandfathered" Silver accounts that could still sell on the broker were old Station Pass subscribers as well. That might be a possibility as to where things came from or how some accounts could vs those that couldn't.
  19. Pscymin New Member

Thank you Avirodar for the respect you continue to show to those who have had a different experience than yours.

If it was a bug or some forgotten bit of code that was not corrected it was never my intention to "cheat" or exploit the system and I can't say that I appreciate allegations that me or mine would have acted intentionally by certain folk here.

For many casual players if you read the specs and then play the game and do what you can, assuming that it is correct. We do not maintain a list of all the Cans/Can'ts and "should be able to/shouldn't be able to" handy to reference to make sure we are not violating something.
    As for other programs used as possibilities I use EQ2Maps and recently (March 2022) installed the DarqUI_v3 and my wife only uses EQ2Maps.

If you take this recent update in conjunction with the new broker sales cap, it could point towards trying to limit the rampant inflation within the game. Which would make a great deal of sense. Being someone who has “lost” this ability (or can no longer exploit the game and be a vile dirty cheater as implied by some here…) I can both “mourn” the loss of ability and see the possible need to do so.

However, it would be nice if there was some acknowledgement that this change had been made. I accept that I may be delusional, but I am hoping that I am not seeing things in the number of others that have reported formerly having the ability to list and sell broker items as a Silver Account.

While I would love to see the ability to list and sell on the broker restored, I am unable to find any hard evidence that it was a giving ability outside of my own experiences with seeing the behavior. For the record, I started playing again during the pandemic, first it was just me and my daughter (wife was an essential worker and didn't get stuck at home) and then my wife joined in again, while my wife and I could both list and sell from 2020 until recently my daughter (with a brand new account) could not as we expected.
    Geroblue and Lateana like this.
  20. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I had Station Pass before my account went Silver and I could sell on the broker too.
    Ayodi and Geroblue like this.