Sleight of Hand <---> ( Yes Another Post )

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-121 dirtybird, May 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

RingleToo wrote:
    Someone asked what SoH does exactly, (last night in Kor'sha), so I showed them. Healer got aggro, I cast SoH, mob swiveled to me, and I died. Mobs in TSO, and RoK raids hit way to hard to make this spell useable at all. In a raid, the tank has a small army of healers on him, I don't. Casting that spell, to 'help' the tank out is immediate, one hit suicide. Ditto for TSO instances.
    I'm leary of the 'hate manipulation' that was mentioned earlier for GU51 too. If we're all supposed to be responsible for our own hate generation, does this spell become something we already have? Just a hate reducer? Our level 80 class defining ability?
    On a positive note though, they can't possibly make SoH worse than it already is. :)
  2. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

DngrMouse wrote:
    Aw Mouse ... why'd you have to go & give Aeralik a challenge
  3. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

So long as he does not have a montage to tweaking Sleight of Hand, we'll be alright!
    I got to show my raid what Sleight of Hand does when I obliterated MT's agro and killed half the raid!
  4. ARCHIVED-Foolsfolly Guest

Now that we have the agro meter, I LOVE sleight of hand!
    I'm using it all the time. There's barely enough group members to keep up with the 2 minute immunity!
    Dropping from 70% hate down to 0% from a swap with a healer just feels so good!
  5. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Foolsfolly wrote:
    Agreed.
    Now I've got the hang of it and with the hate meter it's actually useful.
    Don't make the mistake of casting it on the MT though as it will cause trouble if they are snapping it back at the same time. It's best use is to keep your hate low and not as an O S**t deagro when you get to the top of the hate list.
  6. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

Sleight of Hand with tank targetted by accident.
    I rip.
    Evasive Maneuvers
    Someone else dies.
    Tank establishes aggro.
    I stay quiet.
    <_< ................ >_>.................. ^__^
  7. ARCHIVED-PakMonyet Guest

I look at my SoH as a way to keep the "soft" toons in line. If they annoy me, I target them, hit SoH,....and the annoyance is gone.....lol
  8. ARCHIVED-Leenee Guest

PakMonyet wrote:
    LOL....fun to kill the squishies
  9. ARCHIVED-TygerMeow Guest

Ewwww, I never thought of using SoH as a weapon! We have some SKs that are constantly (and I mean every time it's up constantly) FDing people when we aren't in battle because they think it's funny. Since every third person is an SK these days, we use them for DPS so it freaking happens all the time. It gets unfunny really fast. Then there's the ever present people who can't stand still.

I'm thinking I might hotbar SoH and have some fun of my own next raid with some trash mobs! Wicked!
  10. ARCHIVED-Foolsfolly Guest

I've got an entire hotbar dedicated just to SoH. It's sitting right next to my group window, and has 5 macros each consisting of a command /target_group_member_1, followed by SoH. Makes it very easy to quickly SoH any group member with just 1 click.
  11. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

PakMonyet wrote:
    Aye, it's also a great way to set the loot table by catching the rangers off guard.
  12. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

Macro it together with Hide away add a tell to tanks and hopefully they are awake and grabs da mob! Only problem is that the cast time of hide away is to long!!
  13. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Kanolth@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Sigh, ya I ran into this issue in WoE recently. Hit SoH instead of AW when the mob was at 10 percent (so we could grind the flame elementals last 10 percent without being bothered having to cure)... needless to say I wiped the raid with the mob at 2 % :(
  14. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

If you use it on random people in raid, you can use it as a detaunt. Course I rarely remember to do so until I'm at like 70% + hate.. By that point if I use it, the target of the spell ends up insta - dying anyways for some reason. BUT - not my problem. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Raidyen Guest

Leave SoH alone please. One of the best agro management spells in the game. particularly now with the hate meter.
  16. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

17. ARCHIVED-TygerMeow Guest

So both of you regularly use it to manage other people's aggro?
  18. ARCHIVED-TygerMeow Guest

So both of you regularly use it to manage other people's aggro?
  19. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

Well, I still haven't figured out how to use this effectively. I went down the Int line, so personal aggro management is rarely an issue for me. The handful of times I've tried using it to "manage" the aggro of others one of three things happened. I wasn't able to use it fast enough and so the raid/group member died; I couldn't see that it had any effect; my toon died.
    This is a lvl 80 spell - supposedly a class defining spell. Aerilak stated "Your primary role is actually dps which you do pretty well. Debuffs are a seconday role, but on raids debuffs are already pretty plentiful. Another secondary abilitity is hate through taunts, hate transfer and now Sleight of Hand. You can see this on your epic you got a dps bonus, a powerful debuff and a boost to hate transfer."
    I take this to mean that he didn't give us a dps lvl 80 spell because we already do "pretty well". And he didn't do a debuff lvl 80 spell because raids already have a lot of debuffs. I have to ask, didn't other (maybe most) classes get lvl 80 spells that support their primary role? And we didn't get a debuff spell because of raids??? A year later, the raiding bias that reveals still amazes me. I know I don't raid regularly. I suspect most don't raid regularly. At the least, I'd bet the farm and the outhouse, too, that the vast majority of players solo or do single groups far more often then they raid. Yet, we didn't get a debuff spell because it's not good for raiding.
    So, instead of something truly useful like dps or debuffs we get a hate transfer (of a sort). Yes, it does fit with our class. However, it's our level 80 class spell! A spell that Aerilak stated "I will agree its a purely situational spell. It's not something you will use every time its up." The reality is that it's so situational as to be the next thing to useless.
    Aerilak said regarding level 80 spells, "... Not every spell is going to have the worth of a summoner's pet, bolt of ice, a backstab or a primary heal. Scanning the broker though every class has a few that fall into this category and they are largely situational or non primary use spells." Clearly, he views the level 80 spell as just another spell. And if that truly were how the level 80 spell was advertised, so to speak, then I'd agree. Some spells are good, some aren't. Except that the level 80 spell was billed as, and everyone understood it to be, our class defining spell. I can't see how a class defining spell can simply be just another spell - it should be special. Even if SoH has some small utility, no class defining spell should work only occasionally.
  20. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Tyger@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    No, I use it regularly to manage my own aggro.
    Especially since I have the "Signet of Betrayal".