Sleight of Hand <---> ( Yes Another Post )

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-121 dirtybird, May 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

I actually used SOH today, for the very first time since I got it, o-so-many months ago.
    I have no idea whether it did anything, or not. If I hadn't used it, the squishie on whom I did use it still would have been saved. That was the M1 version, BTW, which I just got today from some named in Hollow Tower.
    IMO, a level 80 Master 1 CA that I've used exactly ONCE, one the effects of which are not obvious, & one the usage of which wasn't even needed for the purpose intended, is a totally pointless, useless CA.
    PLEASE fix/change this piece of garbage.
  2. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

I don't mind posting one more time. This thread has been going since May '08. You would think that would tell the devs (Aerilak) something.
    Clearly, it doesn't matter what we players think or want regarding SoH. The mind set is that it's okay that some classes get good lvl 80 spells and other classes don't. Too bad, too sad, but that's what the devs think is the best way to do lvl 80 spells and that's the way it is. Bleh.
  3. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

I use the ability all the time to try and see if I can wipe the raid, one night we 3 grouped avatar of war, go to VP, almost wiped raid to a trash mob, was best moment in my life.
    I have yet to use it seriously to try and save someone though, and mines M1.
  4. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

Katanallama@Mistmoore wrote:
    Okay, that's just evil and wrong.
    Um. So how do I use SoH to wipe a raid? And anyone from my guild who might be reading this, I want to know for purely informational purposes only
  5. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

As I said before..... will restate hehe....
    TAKE transfer off MT first
    SOH
    use all your detaunts
    see what happens!
    Its a mem wipe simulator :)
  6. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

Missed your other post, thanks for re-posting!
    *rubs hands together evilly* MWAHAHAHAHAHA...er, I meant. Not that I would never do such a thing!
  7. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

And we're the good rogues /srug
  8. ARCHIVED-121 dirtybird Guest

Well,
    I created this post and surprised to see it still breathing..
    SoH in TSO = mega death
    I am very ashamed to say that I cannot take more then 1 hit from the freakin Epics in TSO, and with the new agro managements that tanks got it is such a snap agro game in raid its pathetic, hell even in groups. If the tank does so much as drop target the tank has it back so quick its almost impossible to move your mouse to the SoH button and even think about using it and secondly even if it does work your more then likely going to gank the mob from the MT cause he snapped agro back from the person who pulled it.
    I will keep posting the negative feedback on this spell untill I either quit playing this game or they change it.
    Sleight of Hand is completely useless and is getting further more useless as TSO progresses. I meen according to Alakazham they are changing our Epics and removing the hate transfer from the weapon and doing something else in its place. Aeralik also stated that since TSO has changed the way hate works and the new ability's that tanks aquired for Hate management that our Primary roll is no longer Hate Transfer/DPS it is now more focused on DPS/Debuffs. So since our primary roll is changing why can't our Class Defineing level 80 Spell that was given to us because our Rolls were dealing with hate be changed. Seriously Sleight of Hand is complete and utter trash.
  9. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

Does this mean we're gonna be dropped out of MT group in a horribly unmatching group?
    Anyways, if our role is changing our level 80 CA has to change with it. Hey kill 2 birds with 1 stone, while changing mythical take effect off TS and put it as our new lvl 80 CA with higher damage debuff %s the better quality the CA is with longer duration than recast! Well was worth a try....
    How about lvl 80 CA that doubles trigger chances for like 30s every 2min or something I don't know.
  10. ARCHIVED-121 dirtybird Guest

((( Bolded Text )))
    I like that idea, its not a damage based CA but would give a nice little boost to DPS. But isn't that like Front Load, so I doubt we will get anything that is comparable to Assasins.
  11. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

Oh darn there is something like that already as a CA? poop. Well I don't have any ideas for this at this time then hehe
  12. ARCHIVED-121 dirtybird Guest

SynterVenekor: Will the swashbuckler mythical concerns be addressed? The primary ones being that the hate transfer is a proc instead of constant, and that the damage proc is the only scout weapon with a dot proc, the dot breaks swash mez and produces lower dps than a DD proc due to overwriting itself.
    • Aeralik: The swashbuckler hate transfer is changing as part of GU51 so that part of the epic will need to change. We can evaluate the rest of it but there are no guarantees of any changes. Look for a description of the changes in the GU51 Test notes next month though.
    For those who think I may have gotten my information wrong about the removal of the hate proc, here is the post from Alakhazam.
    As for what there replacing it with, I have no idea. Probably some DA proc or Melee Crit proc witch 90% of us do not realy need. I sit at 88% Crit and 71% DA self buffed. A flurry proc on the weapon would be extremely nice.
  13. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

Flurry proc really only kinda proc we even need, crit and da are so over done they're almost worthless especially in raid when I have over 95 DA and 90 crit.
    But yea we won't see anything close to that. Haste / dps mod we don't need.... really just more damage proc junk or a debuff. And Aeralik will opt for a debuff over giving us flurry any day.
    ------
    As for Sleight of Hand, really same thing going on here... Swash class does not need any more offensive debuffs ontop of what we already do, nor defensive as a lot of other classes already do that. If debuff it would have to be like.... crit damage or crit chance debuff really..... If we wanted to debuff more offensive than a whole bloody raid we could go down that line, be able to debuff the living hell out of a mob's offensive skills....
    If keeping in line with swash *diversion of blame* mastery, could always give us like a melee tandem buff or what ever lol.
    In my opinion, only thing we really need at this point is something do do with... 1) Proc rate modifier (a swash Front Load pretty much or all procs 100% chance for like 15s or something), 2) Melee direct damage multiplier- a proc buff that will double auto attack damage directly or make it crit 100% for a set duration. 3) Flurry, but that won't happen. 4) 30s, 3min recast hurricane affects CA's aswell hehe..... And thats what I would think far as dps....
  14. ARCHIVED-121 dirtybird Guest

Just wandering if by some chance we can get a reply to our question if SoH is getting changed or not. Considering that since Hate transfers are not realy needed anymore and with the new TSO Crit values and amount of damage they produce the current SoH is well suicidle. Aeralik it would be cool if we could get a response to this. :)
    Thanks
  15. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

Trojenn@Nagafen wrote:
    Question has already been answered in this thread. No, it's not going to be changed.

I'm also now running around with a shiny new Master I of SoH scribed, (not on hot bar though). I got extremely "lucky" the other night in SoH. At least by having it scribed, I can avoid that sort of luck in the future.
  16. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

-----
    Aeralik's response:
    "It stays the same. The hate transfer goes away and turns into a hate manipulation skill as well which means the skill fits your class."
    -----
    A response to a PM I sent him about SOH and alternatives. Still suicidal skill in TSO and if we're not transfering hate to MT it becomes even more suicidal than before. I only use mine to simulate Mem Wipes in raid anyways, about all its good for.
    And yea Mouse I was forced to take mine aswell so it would never drop again lol.
  17. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

It was funny -- almost -- when it dropped for me in Hollow Tower ... the rest of the group was all "OOO, Swashy master, grtz Flaye!!!" & I'm thinking, "Crap, I FINALLY see a Swashy master drop, & it's freekin' SOH"
    I almost decided to broker it, but didn't feel like robbing some poor n00b who thought 18p for a T8 master was a good deal.
    Seriously, Aeralik: there is something very, very wrong when a Master drops, & the player who gets it isn't happy.
  18. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

it makes the other 23 people in the raid happy to know they will almost never see the pos again.
    But seriously, 100% of the Sleight of Hand casts I've done were just messing around with it, looking at it for practical use in a real scenario is suicide unless you do an instant detaunt after casting, in which case some random person in raid will get it then.
  19. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    Same thing happened to me not too long ago, and I said almost the same thing lol Also thought about selling it, but I felt a little too much like a used car salesman so kept it. I related earlier that I was on a raid with 2 other Swashies when master SoH dropped and at first none of us would bid on it. Finally one of the others made the minimum DKP bid, but it was funny how we were saying I don't want it, you take it lol
    Despite Aerilak's earlier response in this thread, I just don't understand his almost pathological obstinancy in refusing to get rid of or make changes to SoH. And now he says, again, that with GU51 it's going to stay the same. So, now the excuse is "hate manipulation" still fits our class. It doesn't matter that we don't need it, want it, or use it. I suppose he knows what's best, and we're all wrong.
  20. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

They do not represent the player base as they are not a voted position or anything of the sort. They are the dungeon masters and we are the players. We may not care at all for the rules they set but not much we can do. You can quit or create a new character but when you've put almost 300 days into one character.... Arguing for improvements is a better option than starting a dark elf assassin for me personally.