SKs need some LOVE too!

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Nynaeve, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhylis Member

Lol sony deleted my posts, because i called it how it was. I'm sorry lady you're just bad. Even in PVP the spec you made makes absulutely no sense, There is no logical reason for having that spec. there is no possibly way. you could ever explain how you came to the conclusion that was a good spec. It is a complete and utter failure, for you to call yourself even halfway decent as a shadowknight when you spec yourself like that, you can not even begin to understand the class with a set up.
  2. Davngr Well-Known Member

hard is a relative term, for that player with their gear/support/raid force available to them, the mobs they kill are hard so your argument is invalid.

i always chuckle when i see "hardmode tears" raiders try to win arguments with "i kill this" instead of solid game mechanics and common sense.

yes SK's are lagging behind other tanks but until reckless is balanced a fix is just not warranted. it's just not.. you can't be a warlock in plate and expect to get more tanking toys.
  3. Davngr Well-Known Member

even with the perfect cookie cutter spec SK is lagging behind. the OP just stumbled up on this heated discussion it's not the spec it's the class abilities and content not matching up. something SoE does all the time.
  4. rhylis Member

I'm sure there are things every class has that needs fixed, pally has a terrible epic that dies on casting.... sk epic rarely works as intended, etc.. etc... its a fact, it should be dealt with. But even so, how can someone set themself up so badly, then complain about a class they aren't even getting the full extent of at the moment?
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

Look at class abilities and see what kinds of reuses and affects they have. There is no way that an SK comes CLOSE to a Monk in survivability, yet a monk can AE tank arguably just as well.

Tap Veins=10m range, 30s recast
    Death Cloud=5m range, 17.5s recast
    Unending Agony=7.5m range, 17.5s recast
    Doom Judgement=5m range, 60s recast
    Chaos Cloud=10m range, 90s recast with 100% chance to reset every 90s

-7.5m range average and 43s recast average.

-72% reuse speed, 0% spell reuse ability on my SK; I generally sit around 96% ability reuse in raids after procs so I can't justify wasting reforging on Spell reuse.

Dragon Fire(Monk)=20m range, 37.5 recast
    Baton Flurry(Brawler)=5m range, 20.3 recast
    Crane Sweep(Brawler)=5m range, 40.7 recast
    Crescent Strike(Monk)=10m range, 15 recast

-10m range average and 28.375 recast average

-47.5% reuse speed on my horribly geared monk.

Mantis Leap(Brawler)=30m port ability with Reinforcement attached

Not to mention Tap Veins has the same recast as Wild Beatings(Bruiser) when it's fully modified for reuse and DOESN'T increase threat position. Dragon Fire also tooltips for a 37.5s reuse and a 50% chance every 20s for a reset.

If you look at the average Effect Radius for the classes, even though SKs have more AEs, Monks still have the upper hand in Effect Radius AND reuse on those abilities.

Not saying SKs are horrible, but when it comes to tanking compared to a Monk; SK loses.

I don't suck and I'm probably not the best, but I know where an SK has shortcomings compared to another tank class.

*Edited cuz it didn't progress as I wanted it to*
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

lol what? 'Hard' mode is a commonly used term in the community referring to 'Challenge Mode' (the term officially used by SOE). There are no relative terms here sir. And who is using 'I kill this' arguments? Do you even read posts? Or do you just quote random people, make some obscure remark, and hope you landed a winner?
  7. Silzin Active Member

Dragon Fire is frontal cone only, its a nice aoe, but its limited in its effect some times. Baton Flurry is a single target attack, not an AoE. so 2 10m Blue aoe's and 1 5m blue aoe's, Its not enuff to hold agro of a group of mobs when the raid is doing a hard burn.

I am not saying that SK's are all powerful, but they are by fare as bad as some people are making them out to be. besides the time to give feedback to effect the class changes is OVER, and its not on test yet. test is going to be your next opportunity to get more class changes in.
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

The Fighter Feedback thread being closed is irrelevant. Players can still voice their opinions on a class and hope for more support in the future. Like I've said before, I don't want every tank class to be the same. It would be nice to have more seperation between them though. I'd be perfectly fine being just an adds tank if that meant that my inability to MT some of these mobs was matched in terms of a Monks inability to OT said fights.
  9. Davngr Well-Known Member

even encounters that are not "challenge mode" can be hard depending on gear/support/raid force. try putting on treasured gear and you will find out the meaning of "hardmode".

either way you were dismissing the op's complaints because he did not raid "hard mode" and in fact that's a laughable premise since again.. hard is a relative term and "challenge mode" is just soe's version of the same mobs once you have better gear/support/raid force.

is that too "hard" to understand?
  10. Malleria Well-Known Member

Mm, yea, except that's not true at all. The OP stated they believed SKs were underpowered in content that wasn't end game raiding. I simply pointed out that virtually the only people agreeing that SKs are at a disadvantage was in end game raid content, where things like multiple death saves and excessive hate snaps are valued. And that the vast majority believe SKs to be strong in heroic and EM raid content (again: heroic and EM raid are definitive terms, not relative). None of that has anything to do with gear level, support, or what kind of raid force is fielded. In fact, you're the only person to bring up gear outside of assuming equal gear levels in class comparisons.

But please, keep trying to change what people are saying.
  11. Davngr Well-Known Member

that content is easy with hardmode gear and top end guild support but when you don't have that available to you then it's just as difficult as challenge mode.

sure other posters bring up specific mobs but that's not the extent of the problem that's just one instance.

i play all the different tank classes and run the same zones with around the same gear and same buffs and can tell you first hand (not word of mouth) that SK lags behind the rest of my tanks even on easy content.
    what does my sk have over the other tanks? insane damage. my sk can outparse your average dps class in groups.

that needs to be adjusted along with reckless before sk's can get some more tanking goodies but it still does not take away from the fact that the OP and other sk posting here are right.
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

Yes, trying to do content you're not ready for can be difficult, regardless of how pathetically easy the CoE EM content is. That has nothing to do with SKs.

PS. lol at calling CoE EM 'hard'
  13. Davngr Well-Known Member

well, the short comings of certain classes vs. other classes tends to show when you're pushing your limits no matter if those limits are the hardest content in game or not.
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

Lacking death saves and hate snaps on a fight that doesn't death touch or memwipe is really damaging I'm sure.
  15. Everdog Member

I came to undestand that Controll Effects (like no hostile/no beneficial) right before death-touches hit you
    really hurt and need adjustments.
    Other than that,
    SK can use Chaotic Blade with 90% DR every 30(or31) seconds and can block simple death-touches like Viscous biting, Death Swipe,Crushing Claw or Touch of Tyrax.
    And Bloodletter means you can fail 2 times to time and counter those death-touches.
    Hatelful Respite and SK mythical (if Physical) help too.

If SKs still feel they should be shine more,
    then it is Contens and Scripts not class balance that should be looked at and adjusted,imo.
  16. Raenius Well-Known Member

No idea why SKs always are so picky about their Bloodletter-triggers - they are supposed to be in your personal death-prevent-cycle, period.
    As a paladin I do the same with Divine Favor, and there is only one trigger, just sayin. ~

And no, I wouldnt try to balance content in order to satisfy certain needs, but offer stuff like we already have for everyone to adapt: like reforging, adorns and a variety of gear.

And to people who think CoE is hard, make a lvl-locked toon and go raid UFD then re-decide - UFD was cleared by prime guilds worldwide just before DoV hit the servers, while CoE got cleared within 2months - come on.......
    Estred likes this.
  17. Nynaeve Active Member

dude, my AA is currently set for Battlegrounds which I do daily, not for raids. And you clearly have no clue what I need there.
    I dont need the STR line - that would be 20 wasted points just to get the endline casting increments.
    I need the Divine Aura from the middle line, cause I can carry flags a long distance taking zero damage.
    I need the double conversion Prestige, cause I get more potency and crit bonus,
    and I need the group cure on Chaos Blade, because more often than not you find yourself in a group without a healer, or somebody who doesn't bother curing at all.

so, please if you would stop raving about my terribad AA, that would be appreciated. I change it anyway when I help out in raids with my SK, but generally our raid uses Monks and Paladin, because SKs are known to svck for too many jobs in raids.

Besides BG, I often run heroic instances, and sometimes PUG raids with the SK.

Chaos Barrier lasts for 1.5 seconds. It's a risk to rely on this thing as a Death-preventer, because of network issues etc., and I don't wanna be the guy who wipes the raid just because I took a chance. It should be extended to at least 3 or 5 seconds to be relyable.
    When Bloodletter triggers, it turns off reaver (essentially your self-healing tool), and re-starting Reaver has an extremely long cast time, that cast time needs to be removed and make it an instant cast, or a very fast one, cause without reaver your healing really goes down the drain, and Bloodletter essentially only delayed your death instead of being a real Deathtouch preventer.
  18. Davngr Well-Known Member

yes because those are the only mobs in the game that can one shot a tank.. heck even pow trash can one shot a tank if they don't have over 120hp.

wurds.. learn to understand them..

i said easy and hard are RELATIVE TERMS. can you comprehend what the word "relative" and the word "term" means?
  19. Malleria Well-Known Member

Reeeally stretching there huh Davngr. Are you afraid of the Fear Feaster as well?
  20. Davngr Well-Known Member

again.. people in "end game" raiding guilds must not attend school past the 7th grade because concepts like "relativity" are truly out of their scope it seems.

assuming you and raenius are "end game" raiders?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.