SKs need some LOVE too!

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Nynaeve, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chocmerc Member

Unfortunately theres a direct correlation between your groups gear and the gear you need as a tank, the higher the former, the higher the latter must be to keep up, its a vicious cycle D:
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

Yea, cause shorthanded PuRs aren't clearing a ton of CoE EM content. It's SOOOOOO hard dude. And it's totally even harder for SKs. Why? Just cause!
  3. Davngr Well-Known Member

wow..
    i never said it was hard i said that what is hard or easy is relative to the gear/support/raid force.

you can't say that only one mob in the game is hard for every play style, it's dumb to say that.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Sure, things are hard or easy relative to the gear/support/raid force. However, that relative difficulty is relative for everyone, not just the SK class. Which makes your comments completely off topic. Especially since, as I've repeated a few times now, the high end SKs complaints are centered around lack of death saves and hate snaps, which aren't nearly as useful (regardless of relative difficulty) in lower end raiding and heroic content.

But please, continue with your PoW trash is hard nonsense. Our SK tanks that crap in reckless all the time. If he can do that, I really don't see how a defensive SK could have trouble.
  5. Chocmerc Member

*Shudders*
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

Ugh, I know, I can't believe I didn't catch that. -ir

I blame SOE for crashing Oasis mid raid :mad:
    Chocmerc and Kalderon like this.
  7. Chocmerc Member

ill forgive you this time <3
    Kalderon likes this.
  8. rhylis Member

I can't even see the real uses for BG's tbh if your going to use that as an excuse get Furor 28 seconds, If sony would quit deleting my posts i make about you...........
    In all honesty you sit here, complain about uses that your sk isn't getting, while not maximizing the class, you say reuse doesn't help in bg's which it does.... what does reuse do? what does bonus casting do! Cause neither of those things would help in battlegrounds right?.... wrong.
    I showed your spec to my server last night, they got some good lulz. 3 raid SK's on my server really went to an extra extent and decided to use you as a what not to do and use your server as that excuse. Even though this post is going to be deleted due to you reporting it to soe, it was worth the lulz.
    You see, you send other shadowknights to your link, telling them its a near perfect spec, there is another forum in which you have and do say this. While coming here and saying its a battlegrounds spec i swear. Makes me believe you saw someone post battle grounds and realized oh god im bad... when anyone wiht any knowledge of the class came by and saw how really bad you where.
  9. rhylis Member

Some of the hardmode encounters in CoE are harder for different classes, Pally is terrible at snap aggro, so memwiping oligar and CM monkey is a problem....Sk's have the same problem even though they have more positionals(my pally has 7 positional total count on his snaps.) SK has 4 total snaps and can get up to 12 if not more.But sk has a myth clicky that can work and results in them being in the better grabber in this situation.
    While mobs that take any time to down at all, say hm sentinel. might be harder on a shadowknight than a pally due to the fact pally has more threat over time type things (Amends,sigil,trak shield.) making them an easy off tank on that.

While SF was truly harder, i personally only got 12/17 in there, /sad It truly was fun to progress through that zone RnR was my least favorite mob in game probably still is! Sadly with the gear inflation you can get handcrafted gear 90 stuff, that is better than SF raid gear, so doing SF 90 raids would be pretty pointless.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Tower of Stone (Guardian Stoneskin) Usually lasts 1.5 seconds before it is auto-attacked off. I have to time my saves within 1-2 seconds of the Deathtouch hitting my face to survive, it's not just SK's its the way bosses are now. Chaos Barrier is a deathsave actually if used right. I also know SK's can FD-themselves out of combat and if they are fast, recast Bloodletter mid-fight.

As for Reaver, given an SK is almost always Off-Tanking his job usually comes in spurts, wait till the adds drops then reactivate Reaver. Making Chaos Barrier last 3-5 seconds is just asking (in my opinion) to not have to actually time your saves. Monks too have to wait till roughly 1 second before a Deathtouch because their Stoneskins only absorb 1 hit or can actually absorb "power drains" eating the stoneskin and killing them.

As per "Your healing really goes down the drain." Rely on your healers for a little; surprisingly they can keep even Reaverless SK's up and I have seen it done.
  11. Luhai Active Member

That is not correct. As soon as I cancel FD I'm put back into combat immediately (and get aggro again if I had the mob on me before the FD). The only way to recast BL during a fight is to die and get rezzed.
  12. Nynaeve Active Member

SOE wont delete your comments when you learn not to call everybody an idiot in your ignorance of what I explained to you but you're unable to grasp. The AA I posted was a different one also, it always depends on your gear and what you can reforge. I'll change it again when my green adorns are leveled up, and when I replaced my next parts. Funny how obsessed you are with me in any way. I'd even say you worship me already.
  13. Davngr Well-Known Member

you again miss the point.

gear/support/raid force being equal sk is lagging behind other tanks. THAT is the point. death saves and snaps are useful at every facet of the game. sure some scrub in hardmode gear/support can go drool all over his keyboard and still clear any heroic or regular raid zone but a player with less than optimal gear/support has to use all his abilities to achieve the same same success and other tanks just have more to offer when tanking.

i'm not saying that sk should get these tools because they are warlocks in plate but if devs decide to balance that horrid stance then sk's should receive some tanking help in return.
  14. Hert Member

aside from all the whine vomit here, the bottom line is that at this state in the game, any tank can tank nearly anything. the only exception is maybe a death avatar. and thats if your dps is bad. im pretty sure with how OP gear and healers are at this time, a bossy mystic and warden can heal any geared tank through every fight in the game. 99% of them without the tank using a single temp! aes dont kill tanks anymore! hell, most deathtouches dont kill tanks anymore! Death avatars is the only DT left that hits for any amount of damage that cant be damage reduced past! and its only 1 hit! that means its pretty easy to figure out how to get past it with healers that know their ****! and how long does an avatar fight last? like 3 whole mins? thats not a long time to burn ****. i remember when you had to swap tanks and use buttons and time things to eat **** for the main tank. it was why OTing was fun!. to be a good OT now, you basicly just need to hold 4 adds for 10 seconds, and dps! and guess what class does that the best! SK! show me another class that can OT amag and parse 1 and a half million dps! every other Hm encounter in the game other than drinal is basicly the same! a dork with an ae that pops 4 or 5 adds! tada!
    Estred likes this.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Hm, could have sworn our SK did it on Ambassador Grindstone a number of times. Well, thanks for the correction Luhai.
  16. Raenius Well-Known Member

I dont care about relativity, I just care about comparing the start of two xpacs and CoE is easy deluxe, hands down. And dont get me into a end game raiders are dumb-discussion, its obvious you`re not bright enough to win this.
  17. Duele Active Member

The Fighter balance has been extremely dumb since DoV launched. SOE started getting it right in SF when they fixed Guards finally only to throw it completely out the window for DoV. Brawlers have been owning the raiding world since.
  18. Davngr Well-Known Member

i already did.
  19. Davngr Well-Known Member

he probably RD'd :p
  20. Balbasur Active Member

Exactly, should take a look at the priest forums.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.