Server Outage Update?

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by MikeBob2023, Oct 27, 2023.

1. Dante995 New Member

Those arguing in favor of DB's silence here really puzzle me.

The idea that they've given any substantive information is silly unless there's something significant on the discord that is not posted here. Then I hear arguments that it's simply too complicated of an issue to express and just verbalizing would so sooo much work. It just doesn't make sense, I'm sorry.

People are 100% valid to want more info than they have been given. Insinuating that people wanting more than essentially nothing are being emotional is gaslighting behavior

For reasons only known to DB at this time, we are being kept in the dark about what is going on with chat for the time being. On top of that, there appears to be a very serious duping problem on varsoon that may or may not be related!

People deserve an explanation, whether we end up getting it or not. It's very disrespectful to imply otherwise.

I'm sure DB are working on it, but this has already become somewhat unprecedented in the modern MMO community has it not?
    MikeBob2023 and Roxtar like this.
  2. Celestia Well-Known Member

I'm done. Clearly no one is going to drop this subject. We're going in circles.
    Bhayar likes this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with 'wanting' more information. The idea that they have given 'essentially nothing' is nonsense, though - what exactly do you think they are going to tell you, other than what they have? The most they would do is a daily update of 'Yes, we are still working on it' which might alleviate some of the concerns people have, but would only get different complaints.

We don't 'deserve' an explanation beyond what we have been given. They gave us an explanation - there is a communication issue between the chat server and the game servers, and in an offhand comment from Caith it *might* be due to the mail service overflowing from the 32-bit integer for mail count being hit.

As for some 'very serious duping problem on varsoon that may or may not be related!' - if you have any inkling of proof or evidence, report it. Otherwise, you're just bringing random nonsense in to make it look like something that some guy who said 'Hey, the kronos on varsoon got expensive!' into conspiracy theory territory.

If we were being 'kept in the dark', they would have just shut chat off and not said anything at all. What, exactly, would make you happy? Do they need to go film the server techs crowded around working on the issue and post it and then you will be satisfied for a few minutes before complaining you need another update?
    axxis32, tasnee, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  4. Porchtoe New Member

I have a difficult time understanding why issues like this get such a passionate response from folks. I just got back from a 2 week visit to an old friend and saw I had no chat or friend list. I panicked a bit, but once I received a message from support that the issue wasn't just me, I put on a pot of coffee. Only problem, I used a backup brand rather than my normal blend. I thought my tongue would fall out of my mouth. Bleh! Now that is a real issue. ;)

Sorry if this post offended anyone. I didn't mean to trivialize other folks' responses. I just meant to show my own perspective.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Bhayar like this.
  5. vlada Active Member

gaslighting

this word does not mean what you think it means.
    also, gaslight is the name of a movie
  6. Sweety D Well-Known Member

I can help everyone calm down ... behold, a cute puppy ...

[IMG]
  7. Zhevally Well-Known Member

They found a potential fix, and basically immediately told us they were testing that fix......I still don't get what more people want? Are you expecting them to be able to communicate information before they have information, cause that's what they would have to do to give us more?
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! :D

Uwk
    who saw that 9 times in the theater... ;->
    Strings likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah...where the term originally comes from. :-/

Uwk
    who, no, doesn't think they're gaslighting us, and probably haven't responded every day because a) nothing new to report, and b) they might not have enough people any more to respond, if they're all busy working on the problem... :-/
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They found a potential fix? Awesome! Where do they say that? Message of the Day (fingers crossed)? :)

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Being mindful of the effect this is having on his holiday beat, Kaitheel (a thousand blessings on his head! :D) has decided to extend the end of Nights of the Dead and the beginning of Heroes' Festival! :D

Rejoice! :D

Uwk
  12. Evilary Well-Known Member

Where did they tell us they found a fix and were testing that fix? Only thing I saw was when they took the only working chat server down for an update. Now people in Beta says they don't have chat and it's been over 24 hours since they took that down. I think they are having to update the chat servers to 64bit based on comments from people, but Dev's haven't told us any of this on the forum.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I hope they finish by or before 11:59 pm PST on Nov. 6th, since that's when Extended NotD ends! :D

Uwk
    who actually does wonder what effect, if any, the end of Daylight Savings Time will have on anything... :-/
  14. Zhevally Well-Known Member

In a thread they made to warn the players of beta/test/thurgadin their chat may break when the fix didn't work lol

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/chat-issue.612477/

Key words: found a potential fix
    It obviously didn't work how they thought it would. So now they are still working on it.
  15. Evilary Well-Known Member

So they did a hotfix test on the working server. It doesn't say they had a potential fix. That could have been a diagnosis to see what broke it in the first place.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is true. :)

Uwk
    /fingers_crossed
  17. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Hotfix, by definition is a fix. I took the word "test" to mean "we aren't sure if this will work" which I rewrote as "potential," because it had the potential to be a fix, but not a guarantee.
    Taled and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

A potential hotfix test? :-/

Should cover all the bases...

Uwk
  19. Evilary Well-Known Member

Or it was meant as a preventative to keep the server from having the same issue as the US Live servers. When you change the wording of what information is out there, you give potential false hope to people.
  20. Taled Well-Known Member

Because that is what anyone who isn't trying to make things up would read it as.