Server Outage Update?

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by MikeBob2023, Oct 27, 2023.

1. MikeBob2023 Active Member

It's been more than an hour and a half since the live servers went screwy and all I've seen about it is the hastily scrawled, red-lettered message that went up at the top of the main forum page right after it happened:

"Status: 10/27/2023 8:43 PDT - We are currently investigating a potential issue with server: All servers"

Is it inappropriate to ask for (or to expect) something in the way of meaningful updates about this server outage?

(Some timely communication about the reason I'm unable to play my game, from the people I'm paying to play it?)

Please?
  2. Aterskia Active Member

releasing "Play-by"Play" might reveal sensitive information.
    hence the a-typical vagaries and ambiguities,...
  3. DENSER Well-Known Member

Life is hard
    Pixistik likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Then you die.
    Pixistik likes this.
  5. Life Member

An update would be nice for people who are on standby wondering if they can get in a Hunter's run before reset or if they may as well get on with other things and check back later.
    Smashey, Skymak, MikeBob2023 and 3 others like this.
  6. Jellygiantjim Member

What about us hard working loggers? Who like to log on after a hard days work and go foresting and cut trees in half with our axe. We been logging for generations. My pappy was a logger, and his pappy 'for him.
    Jinksie, Robynous and Skymak like this.
  7. dalponis Member

What about us tired sleepy kitties? Who like to log on after a hard days work and go to the Commonlands and sleep in the warm desert sun with our tail. We been kitties for generations. My pappy was a kitty, and his pappy 'for him.
  8. Evilary Well-Known Member

I do wish they would throw a post out when something like this happens to say they are aware of issues and an estimated time frame or just check back hourly. It would be nice from a PR standpoint.

Sadly with their team being so small, the person who would post is probably the one they sent to get new hamsters for the wheel.
  9. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

It is being looked into, as soon as there is news to pass on it will be passed.
    Jinksie, Strings, Roseyglo and 2 others like this.
  10. Evilary Well-Known Member

Great, she's back from getting the hamsters.:D
    Timber, Forestchild, Idril and 2 others like this.
  11. dalponis Member

Let's pray this new hamster lasts longer than the spare hampster they found to run it for a few minutes before that one died...
    Forestchild and Strings like this.
  12. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

This made me giggle.
    Forestchild, Idril, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  13. Evilary Well-Known Member

I'm sure you need the laugh.;)
    Strings likes this.
  14. Twyla Well-Known Member

Yes, but did she remember the food? Ya gotta feed the poor things.
    Strings likes this.
  15. Evilary Well-Known Member

Not sure, but they have the hamster installed. Run to the servers before the poor thing dies.
    Strings likes this.
  16. Evilary Well-Known Member

Darn, hamster died...rip poor fella.
    Strings likes this.
  17. Evilary Well-Known Member

Forestchild, Bisquette and Strings like this.
  18. Twyla Well-Known Member

Strings likes this.
  19. Deadfast New Member

I am hoping some type of update can be provided. It's been almost 4 hours at this point.
    Strings, Robynous and MikeBob2023 like this.
  20. Denmum Developer

Sadly, when things crash like this (instead of a planned downtime), pretty much all that can be said is "They're crashing, it is being worked on, when we have an ETA, we will give you one" i.e., when they are fixed, they are fixed, but until they are, we don't know how stubborn/thorny a problem it will be.

We know players are frustrated and impatient (you're not alone in that), but here's the Mum-speak interpretation of the issue:
    "something something servers something something database something something bungee jumping something something"