Server move poll on Antonia Bayle

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Ez2scare New Member

I have always enjoyed RP in EQ and EQ2, however at launch I went with AB for the RP, had a nice bar in WFP and the lil spot at the Harbor Tavern in Qeynos and the Inn in North Qeynos for RP gatherings. They took away the NFP tavern so that ruined that. What really made RP on AB almost non existent now was due to all the influx of non RP'ers from the other servers. So for my opinion, let them all move to another server, and leave AB as it was for RP. I'm not going anywhere.
    Dequi and Moonpanther like this.
  2. Nevermind Member

Get rid of Nagafen already. Nobody wants to pvp.
    Wirewhisker and Ecugia88 like this.
  3. Malachy Well-Known Member

You have got to be kidding me! AB's "high population" doesn't even compare to many of the now dead servers population just a few years ago! Spreading a small percentage of that across numerous servers solves nothing. The solution is the exact opposite that you are considering! Make server transfer tokens free for subscribers on any server. Period.
    • PVE, roleplay? Go to AB.
    • PVE, non-roleplay? Go to Freeport.
    • PVP? Go to Nagafen.
    • Want low population? Go elsewhere or stay elsewhere.
    No need to merge servers, let your players reap the benefits of being loyal subscribers. You can't see the tokens anyway unless you've subscribed 2months consecutively.

And for those that won't go because they are too invested in their guildhalls? Well, you know what they say, material wealth can't buy happiness so tough choice -- good luck making it a positive one.
    Dequi likes this.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

If they would allow guilds to move as a whole (provided that all of the existing members of that guild either agreed to the move or left the guild), then it might help entice some to transfer. As far as whether or not to offer the choice, I figure that they could award it to all folks on AB and give a reasonable time limit within which it must be used. That way, folks that prefer to move could get the chance to be the metaphorical big fish in a small pond rather than not-so-big fish in a ginormous pond. ;) Folks that didn't want to move, on the other hand, wouldn't be forced to do so. Win/Win situation.
    Kurisutaru, Belenos and Moonpanther like this.
  5. Peace Member

I and all my army of alts will stay here, thank you. I would rather have a large server population for roleplay purposes, and yes, would leave the 'move' option for others that doent roleplay.
    And since someone brought it up...How about giving us the Bloodhaze or its equilivent back. The Jade is out of the way and you cant sit down in there, the one table gets run over by folks going in and out, and theres no second floor back door and balcony.
    Losadunai likes this.
  6. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I have to agree with many of the posters in this thread. While I think Cross Server Dungeon finder is a great idea on paper, it's not right for the game at this time. Cross Server Dungeon finder will never have the same overall impact than a more full server would have through a server merge. Sometimes player just want to be around other players. I can't help but feel the dungeon finder will be under utilized.

Merging the servers into a few higher populated servers honestly IMO is the most healthy choice. MMO's are built on competition and population. That competition and playing for each other and against each other for goals is what fuels the fire of passion for players. That is what this game needs IMO.
    GrunEQ, Dequi and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. Tabri Well-Known Member

I love how some people say they are on AB because they love to RP, some of these comments are just so stupid I have to laugh, you can role-play on any server and NO non RP'rs dont run off RP'rs as one comment stated, I could care less what you RP'rs do on any server Im sure others feel the same as me.

AB and FP are about the only two servers with any population. If you dont want everyone on EQII migrating to AB then merge all the other dead servers into one or two. Do you really need 16 or however many servers that you have now?

I think you all are just trying to take the lazy way out by asking people to move and do your work for you, setting up a transfer Im sure is a lot easier than setting up mergers for that many servers. Ask yourself why people would migrate to AB in the first place, and then why would they want to leave and go back to a dead server because you offer a server transfer?
    Padrepyro likes this.
  8. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Like a host of others here, I am on AB, and I have my own guild I leveled myself. If I could move with my guild, I would go in a heart beat.
    Feara likes this.
  9. Sunita New Member

How about server merging and then at the same time give AB the option to move to the server of their choice. A few less low population servers would be a good thing, like say 4 - 6 of them. And merge some lower population servers with higher ones that can handle it.
    Dequi likes this.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

You'd somehow have to allow people to still roll new alts on AB, somehow allow someone to create a box account on AB, etc, etc. While this would be a convenient solution, it is probably not a pragmatic one that could be done.

They just need to merge the non-viable servers, nothing more. Once we have several healthy population servers, there wont be a need for the defacto decision be AB.

But alas, their head is so far in the sand...
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

Don't even need to do that, just offer any GL that transfers a token that lets them redeem for the same level guild and guild hall they had prior to transfer. There is some possability for some minor abuse here, but really, there isn't much special about a leveled guild other than the time sink
    Wirewhisker and Calthine like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

A lot of people moved to AB to get more people to play with
    Especially from Nagafen so I don't think people that payed money to get on the full server would be interested to move back
    Dequi and Glida like this.
  13. Kristabella Well-Known Member

There are 12 US English Servers. AB has the highest population by far. Even though FP is prob the next highest in population, it is far from being full even on it's heaviest days. So of course don't merge any other server with either of these.

I would say merge the other 10 Servers into 5 Servers. Allow anyone who wants to move their characters off AB a free server transfer to any of the other servers including FP server, because as I stated, it is not that full. Take the 5 highest servers after FP server and merge them with a server with a population that when added together, would make these 5 servers, close as possible in population.

And about the guild moves, where you are trying to stay pretty adamant about not allowing guild transfers... It has been done before, so it's not like it can't be done. Charge for it. I would pay to move my guild with my main toon, then follow with the rest of my characters. (Never say Never, when the player base pays the bills :) )
    Feara and Charlice like this.
  14. Charlice Well-Known Member

Load might be light on Unrest, but the lag isn't.

I imagine a lot more players would pay for transfers if they could transfer their guild with them. Let's face it, it must be possible. My guild of my alts and I are at 98.9 now, stuffed if I'd move anywhere without it.
  15. Geldof New Member

I have to agree with what the majority are saying. Leave AB alone, Merge the other servers into 3 or 4, or maybe even 5. This is by far, IMO, the best solution you are going to find. And, on a side note, after doing so, create a new server. Make it a server that can not have transfers, does not benefit from veteran bonuses, and may only have a maximum of 4 characters per account... Just like the good old days. I would love to start fresh on a new server and I miss the excitement of low level group play and a reasonable economy where player crafted items were worth something.

I may be the only one, but hey, just thought I'd share. :rolleyes:
  16. Eggfu Member

if you guys don't want to move off AB, that's fine, but FFS, enough with the "merge all the other servers together" nonsense; literally no one from the non-AB servers is asking to be all merged together.
    Laiina, Belenos, Moonpanther and 2 others like this.
  17. Armageddoux Active Member

I think the only one correct solution would be :

change EQ2 program in order not to have language option at server level but have it at account level, which will make it possible to have English players, German players, French players etc... on the same physical engine, playing each one in their own language, appending a language flag near the name of the toon would ease the process of communication between players, this communication, with a minimum of willingness should be possible.

Merging of the databases is the first step making all that possible
    Dequi likes this.
  18. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

You would be completely out of your mind if you left the only real server-choice and move to a dead server. Antonia bayle might be the most populated server, but its still far away from a high pop server where you could get easily into groups and raiding. All other server are ghost towns.

The only solution is merging the dead servers with each other.

Trying to pull people off Antonia bayle will just hurt the server and not really help the ghost town server because there are just not enough people to fill the empty servers.

Be careful what you do everyone. This is a fair warning.
    Wirewhisker, Dequi and Armageddoux like this.
  19. Blade Parker Active Member

Start using last names for characters and I am all for merging servers. There's no reason we can't have last names instead of renaming.
    Dequi likes this.
  20. Armageddoux Active Member

Yes of course, but what about the language problem ? it's a real problem for non English players
    Dequi likes this.