Server Merge's Please.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pownsta, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the OP meant that he and his wife are having a hard time finding groups either as a pair or as singletons. Not that they can't solo.
    aspekx and Feara like this.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Feara, Karrane and Estred like this.
  3. Regolas Well-Known Member

Not true. I'm the kind of guy who makes groups. I'll want to do X zone, so I'll advertise for more.

I have noticed a drop off of people interested. It takes longer to form and there has been more than one time in the past week when I couldn't find enough to do High Keep & Pickclaw to finish last weeks weekly.

I'm not saying it's bad on that server. Generally its ok. But it's not perfect all the time.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

one way I judge (not the only way) is how fast it takes to form said groups.
    if it takes longer to form the group than it does to actually run the zone. than I would say you are a bit low on people :p
    like sometimes it takes me an hour to form a group for Hive, a 15 min zone (if that)
    aspekx and Neiloch like this.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I honestly think even a (PROPER) server only dungeon finder would solve a lot of these problems. I'd run just about any relevant zone (ToV xpac) if all I had to do is hit a button and wait, even if I didn't really need it for anything. It would probably revitalize the lower zones as well.
    Mermut likes this.
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

Stupid thread is stupid. The OP may be level 30.
  7. Jrral Active Member

I think that says it right there. If you were rushing so fast you're doing Hive start-to-finish in 15 minutes, after the first run you'd be on my list of people I don't want to group with because the rush and the pushing is stressing me out and I'm not having any fun. If you were looking for people so overgeared you could run the zone that fast without rushing, you'd likewise end up on my list of people I wouldn't even bother responding to because I already know I don't meet your requirements. And were I forming a group and you were looking, I'd likely simply pass on offering you an invite because I know you aren't going to mesh with the way I'd be running the group and neither of us would enjoy it.
    aspekx and Wingrider01 like this.
  8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

For someone who seems to be pro-grouping you sure do have a lot of parameters for exclusion. I've seen successful raids with less strict requirements. 15 minutes for hive is hardly a speed run, might think so if frequent AFK's and gabbing it up in channels while being generally inconsiderate of the groups goals is something acceptable to do.
    Treiko likes this.
  9. Treiko Active Member

So... you solo a lot don't you?

Seriously though, a 15-minute hive run seems perfectly fine considering at this point most of us have run it dozens of times, and the only reason we do it to begin with is not for the drops anymore, but because we want to maximize etymas per day. Your requirements for grouping are absurd and as such I don't see how you get a group at all. When this first came out, sure it took a while to run through heroics.. then people got upgraded gear... that naturally speeds up the pace - do you expect that were I to group with you I would strip off all my gear and just auto attack so we (and by "we", I mean "you") can take our (your) time? In today's world where most people spend more time working and/or being with family out of game, a 15-minute run fits nicely into their schedule.

As to the server merge idea... no thanks. We already only have like 7 or so servers to choose from. If you can't find a group, do as was suggested and form your own. Or also you could get your friends to play with you... having one or 2 other people to get a group started makes filling it that much easier.. especially if you start off with a tank and a healer. The only thing server merges do is cause headache with names... noone likes seeing an X attached to their name that they have had for years because some toon that was made the day before yours but never played took priority.
  10. Jrral Active Member

Actually, I can get groups fairly easily. Usually with a bunch of people I know and who share the same more-relaxed "We're here to have fun, to get loot and upgrades sure but if we aren't enjoying ourselves then why are we spending money on this game?" attitude. If I want stress and pressure to produce a specific level of results by an arbitrary deadline, all I have to do for that is show up at my day job. Why in the world would anyone want more of the same in a game they play for enjoyment and entertainment?
    aspekx likes this.
  11. Treiko Active Member

If anything in a game stresses you out in the first place you are doing it wrong anyway.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

you clearly don't group alot. and if you do I can bet you don't group more than me.
    just so you know I have no requirements for pugs I form. I never ask them any questions, like how much CC they have or their gear or anything like that. I just -except- them to know their stuff.
    15 min for hive is joke speed at not even going too fast. the zone is 5 names plus 1 run through the trash (from the 2nd name to the 3rd) only zones I can think of that might be faster would be like Halls/Labs since it's just names.
    I will kick someone every now and again if I can safely bet they probably don't meet the CC requirement though, you caught me. although I wouldn't call that "looking for overgeared people" I would call that more "not carrying jokes through the zone"

Seems a bit rude to just pass on someone from a group invite just cause they don't except to spend an hour in Hive
    Neiloch likes this.
  13. Mae- Well-Known Member

Some people enjoy not wasting their time with people who aren't willing to put in minimum effort to at least finish a zone in a reasonable time. Finishing a zone fast doesn't mean stressing or putting pressure on anyone. It just means people doing their job at a level just above "worthless waste of space."
    Neiloch and Treiko like this.
  14. Pownsta Member

RadaX :

We do in fact read these threads. I haven't responded because honestly there are no plans to do a server merge right now..

We monitor populations very carefully and obviously we want both our players on servers they feel are populated and to make the most efficient use of hardware as possible. In the event these become necessary, we will certainly make an announcement.

Thank you for your response. Thank you all for your time.

We are lvl 60 and 62. On Oasis server. Awesome game I think, but poor population. We are going to move on. Thanks for taking the time to respond to our thread.
  15. Tylia Well-Known Member

My suggestion would be for each of you to create a new character on a higher population server, like Freeport or Antonia Bayle. They are both higher population servers and you would probably have better luck finding other players at lower levels. Search for and join a guild that has active players of all levels. Don't give up on the game because the server you are on isn't providing what you are looking for. As you said, it's an awesome game. Give it another chance. ;)
    aspekx and Feara like this.
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

saying the game is low pop when you aren't even max level is at anything inaccurate (I think it's low pop but this is besides the point).
    the game is top heavy. the game also changes alot from level 60 to level 95. you didn't even experience the actual game if you only got to 60 and called it quits
  17. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Because people have different concepts of what is fun? You wouldn't like me because frankly putzing around for an hour in Hive just because is my idea of hell. But that's fine because we'll never group together. The game is large enough that we can both coexist and never have to butt heads.

Seriously, your version of fun is no more or less valid than mine or anyone elses', it's just different.
  18. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

If we had one big server, we wouldn't have these threads about "not enough people to keep raid guilds staffed" or "nobody to play with at lower levels".

All the numbers issues would be solved!
    aspekx likes this.
  19. Feara Well-Known Member

20. Ucala Well-Known Member

anyone that believes those numbers are a bit crazy. besides it was said later in that thread out false the numbers are can how they appear big but in reality they aren't that amazing. a poll over 3 months over each time a toon gets logged in? please