Server Consolidation FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Ahlana Active Member

So my only hope is that a character created in 2005 with 10 days played to my character created in 2008 with 193 Days played, is that they do not get wind of the naming policy and log in before this happens?

Really wish you'd investigate this policy a bit more. I mean does that not seem silly to you all? I guess however you did names someone would feel slighted :/ At least I know what to expect now.

What about an option to transfer Guilds. Can you look into that maybe?
    Arbiter likes this.
  2. Ahlana Active Member

How do you see last login?
    suka likes this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

hmm - quoted myself here rather than the person i was replying to. how did that happen?
    yeah all that other stuff shouldn't even be considered. to me, the only thing not being considered that could be a factor is time played. if both have logged in during the last 60 days and one is older than the other, how much time have they really played? or even if they are the same age. if one has always been a mule they shouldn't get the name over someone who plays constantly.
    Siren and Pipsissiwa like this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

@clinton - you need to petition that. you can't name their names here- it is against the tos. if you get banned you can't say i didn't warn you
  5. Meriwyn New Member

Last updated - I think would be last logged in. I could be wrong.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

that would be wrong. last updated means the last time they received any information on the toon. i can go in today and push my info out and they would get it. it is under soemotes. or you can opt to no longer give out your info- in which case they wouldn't get any more updates from you.
  7. Ahlana Active Member

Does it only give information if they log in though? Idle characters do not give updates?

EDIT: Well considering eq2wire shows one of my characters as no update since 2013 that is not played, things do not look good for me.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

if you have not opted out, then any changes you make to your toon will be reported- like changing a cloak. i find they send reports when i zone, or within a few minutes after the change if i don't zone. but if you opt out, nothing gives updates. and it doesn't tell you if they have opted out. a lot of people don't know to opt out but a lot do.
  9. Azian Well-Known Member

I think there is a good chance I'll lose one or two of my names but I'm not overly worried about it. I'm just glad the consolidation is happening although I'll admit that what I AM worried about is that it may be happening too late.

One interesting thing I've noted is that my very first character, created in December 2004 when I first started playing, shows a creation date of September 2005 on EQ2U. I believe this is because I transferred servers back at that time after my original group of friends/guild more or less folded and I started playing with another group of friends on a different server. I wonder what creation date the internal figures would show for that character? If it's the same one, it is incorrect. I'm not worried about it but just thought it was notable either way.
  10. Ahlana Active Member

Yeah this character has updated within the last 60 days. So probably going to lose my main's name to a non-played character, been following the character since it was announced and the only thing that has changed is the update date :( Booo, I guess I need to take advantage of that free move and move all my characters to a new server, just don't want to lose the Guild (still not sure why we do not have Guild Transfers avail)
    suka likes this.
  11. Tabri Well-Known Member

Sorry all you Nagafen server people you not only are going to lose your pvp status, and pvp gear becomes obsolete etc, but you will also lose your name to any of us from the original Shadowhaven server in 2004 and The Bazaar server if we log in within 60 days now. We will also trump anyone from the original Freeport server. :eek:
    Siren likes this.
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

Can you please use the Contact Us form on EQ2U to let us know about this character so we can look into it?
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Tabri Well-Known Member

Dibs on names for Freeport, Nagafen, and Permafrost if someone from these servers log in within 60 days.

FIRST DIBS: Shadowhaven, Permafrost
    SECOND DIBS: The Bazaar server
    THIRD DIBS: Nagafen server
    FOURTH DIBS: Freeport server

P.S. I think I got this right if I remember correct Naggy was before Freeport. I also do not know which servers Permafrost was merged with(if any) have to add those to this list as well if they were.
    Siren likes this.
  14. Nybbos New Member

Sounds good. Although my 100's are being made worthless now that they will be on a PvE server, but that is another issues i am assuming daybreak is doing nothing about. Side note is their a EU pvp server still, and if so can I transfer their?
    Siren likes this.
  15. Ahlana Active Member

The character with the same name? Or my character that has not updated? lol
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, there may be a weird thing happening here with old, transferred characters and creation dates. My EQ2 account hails from launch day in November 2004, and I was originally on Lavastorm, which was shuttered in Feb. 2006 (a bunch of servers were consolidated then, and re-used and re-launched as open PvP servers a couple weeks later). But the odd thing is that one of my mains from Lavastorm shows as having a character creation date of 2-10-2006 when I type /played in-game, but this is actually right around when Lavastorm was shut down. But she was my main on Lavastorm (still have her today on a different server).

Where did all my Lavastorm time go? I don't know exactly what date I rolled her on, but she was definitely around for Desert of Flame in 2005 (and I can't remember exactly when, probably before that too).

What other servers were shuttered in Feb. 2006-- I know there were several others-- and is anyone else finding their characters from those original servers aren't reflecting the right character creation dates?
  17. Melkior Well-Known Member

Mistmoore merged with Permafrost.
  18. Strings Well-Known Member

I'm sure people have transfered between servers. And new characters can have been created on old servers. It goes by the oldest toon, not server. People who started the game sooner have older toons.
  19. Foretold Well-Known Member

If the character has updated in the last 60 days, then it's not a non-played character. It is a toon that's still being used by an actively playing member. I have toons that I don't access often (altaholic) but most of them get logged in every month or so. I'm on the game 40+ hours a week (not bragging...actually that's really depressing) so I'm an active player, and it wouldn't be right to lose my alts' names just because I don't play them "enough".

They have to draw the line somewhere. The rules are as fair as they can be. Not everyone will be happy, but that's life. You get a name potion, you deal, you move on. I've lost names from server merges, I've lost names from server transfers - long held, original (or so I thought lol) names of raid mains and favorite toons. In fact... Foretold...my raid main for 7 years and my handle on the forums... is now Foretolde. I dealt with it, and moved on.
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

The character that seems to be stuck in time.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.