Sentinel's Fate- Item degradation as you outlevel it.

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu, Jul 4, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

ArivenGemini wrote:
    That's not my understanding of it. They said that at a max 10 levels difference it would LOSE 1/3 effectiveness. Meaning it would be 2/3 effective. Not that it would be down to 1/3 effectiveness. There's a huge difference there. Where did you hear that it will be only 1/3 effective (As opposed to it losing 1/3 of its effectiveness)?
  2. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Lord_Ebon wrote:
    From talking to them directly.
    With the caveat that from what I am hearing it is only the special effects... not the base stats.. I.e. if I understand it correctly stats like STR, AGI, etc (and probably mitigation) would be unaffected.. just addons like blue or green text procs, etc.
    I honestly dont think even a 67% reduction of THOSE things is going to be horribly dramatic. That isn't my complaint. My complaint is that this punishes you directly and immediately for leveling up one single level. Gear will be less effective if you gain a level against mobs you were already killing. This is contrary to logic, and a punishment that I feel is unacceptable. The -amount- of the change is irrelevant to me personally, I just want to make sure everyone has the same exact numbers.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xaax Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    I’ll give the TSO instances another shot, haven been in one in months now, maybe something has changed. All I can say is that if you were tanking as a monk in crafted gear, you are by far a better tank then I will ever be. Even in the zerker forms they are saying crafter gear can’t be done without two raid level healers.

As for the gear going grey, that is an exaggeration. All the onslaught stuff is level 77 I do believe? So as soon as Odus comes out I’m going to lose out on my over all capability of tanking due to item degrading? If it was just my level 69 boots that were going to be effected, that would be ok. I don’t mind replacing one or two pieces before I start really working on Odus but it kinda sux that everything I am wearing is going to be hit at launch.

Really I guess at this point it doesn’t matter, it will probably change before Odus is here. But from past experience, if you don’t whine a bit about stupid changes SoE is attempting to push on players then it will not change. At least if you whine enough there is a 3% chance SoE will do right by the players. Sadly that usually only happens after 3-4 months of players getting the screw till the first patch/fix comes out.
  4. ARCHIVED-guillero Guest

ArivenGemini wrote:
    Mitigation already degrades when you level. So that is already covered in the current game.
    Jer
  5. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

Would be interesting comparing the reasons why this was removed from the game at the time to the reasons they are bringing it back now.
    TBH I dont think they do this intentionally to make people /ragequit. That makes the least sense of all. I'm sure when its all married in with any other changes it'll work out.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zhern Guest

Right now they need money sinks. This might be the reason they are doing it, they need more in my opinion. At the rate platinum is being made versus what is being spent, there is a serious economic consequences for not having more. Soon we will be like EQ1 where everything is platinum traded.
  7. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Zhern wrote:
    They can adjust the amounts that NPCs give for buying items, as well as how much they sell things for to adjust the economy.
  8. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Gear is not a plat sink. It just moves money from player to player. A plat sink must remove plat from the economy. Right now, the major plat sinks are menders. Things like tradeskill fuel and the goblin game are sinks but not nearly enough to impact the economy.
    But that's a topic for a different thread.
  9. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

I just can't see where most players have a problem with too much plat. I believe there are some who may have this problem, but not the majority.
  10. ARCHIVED-guillero Guest

GrunEQ wrote:
    I fully agree. I know plenty of level80's in the game who don't have more then 50 plat in their wallets.
    I don't say it's impossible to get more, but not everyone spends hours and hours grinding crazy amounts of plat.
    It's basically the same in games like WoW. There you also got people that have crazy amounts of gold, but the vast majority of players can't even afford an epic flying mount.
    Jer
  11. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

That is just how these (virtual) economies tend to work out. There just simply isn't a great deal of plat sinks on the high end, so money accumulates. I raid 4 times a week, and I have more than I need... but only half at most comes from raiding. The rest comes from other sources -- there are LOADS of ways to make money in this game.
    I will say though, they have added some sinks:
    • Provie recipe book and that platform from Athenaeum.
    • Order of Rime mount / appearance armor
    Adding more along those lines (expensive-but-very-nice furniture and appearance armor) is a good way to sink plat. But you're still going to have people with it just sitting around. There's only so much you can buy =)
  12. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

I dunno, repair bills, poisons for scouts, pots and the like tend to be good places to take a chunk of your plat, epecially if you repair using the repair bot. I've got 3 lvl 80 toons, and none of them have much in the way of plat, mainly because I spend it on those things half the time. Then again, I don't go out actively seeking it, so I can't really complain much.
  13. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Poisons and potions are not plat sinks. Those are player to player transactions which do nothing to remove coin from the economy.
  14. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

Items should not degrade.
    I should not ding a new level and become worse off (against mobs I've already done) due to my equipment. I should only get better. My personal skills should increase and my old gear should be just as effective AGAINST THE SAME MOBS as it had always been. Therefore I should ding and find that old content should become easier, not the reverse.
    Equipment that is too low for higher level content should be less effective because it has lower stats, mitigation, and damage ratios.
    All equipment should do what it says in the description, now and forever.
    As far as I'm concerned there will always be better equipment out there as new levels are reached, and if one old item was extremely useful, then upgrading it becomes a matter of player choice.
    There should be no overpowered players when it comes to NEW content that is designed for their playstyle.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

GrunEQ wrote:
    I have like 3,200 plat and I don't even farm for money.
  16. ARCHIVED-guillero Guest

Gage wrote:
    Or you maybe you play so much that don't even notice anymore you are farming afterall? o_O
    Seriously, 3200 plat! *GASP*
  17. ARCHIVED-Besual Guest

Jerokane@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I think Gage is in an avatar killing raid guild. And as such member they can clear all TSO raid zones quite fast. Each raid zone will net 5-6p per raid member just from the cash of the chests. Let them sell loot rights and you can expect another 8-12p per raid member. We are now at 13-18p per raid instance. Clearing these instances as aften as possible you can expect 80-100p per week. This dosn't include master sales / trash drops / stuff of contested mobs or other things they can do outside of raids. A hadrcore raider doesn't have to farm for cash.
  18. ARCHIVED-Xaax Guest

Besual wrote:
    And thus the eternal divide between raiders and casual players. I always found it funny how a raider looks down on other players that cant/ doesn’t want to put 40+ hours into the game year after year and jump through hoops of fire to join a raiding guild.
  19. ARCHIVED-iguone Guest

Xaax wrote:
    It seems that Sony looks down on them as well.
  20. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

iguone wrote:
    Indeed, the ability to get free masters once a month is a clear indication of that.
    There are MANY ways to earn money without raiding, you just have to find them. If anything, the population of raiders with deep pockets makes some of those methods higher income, since the raiders are willing to pay more for certain things simply because they have more. Collection items, for example.