*Semi-Official* Horse & Mount Guide

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Warwick, Mar 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Wolf1908 Guest

Anyone have info (pic, price, speed, ...) of the new guild lvl 35 or 40 mount?
  2. ARCHIVED-Flee65 Guest

There are lots of post's in the guild forms about them, but just to save you the time They are The same as DoF horse's but they have mist or flames around the hoves and from the eyes, depending on good or evil. They have 48% speed boost and +200 to all resist's.

~Flee
  3. ARCHIVED-Ace235228 Guest

Can you add pictures and stats for each of the DoF horses? including saddle colors?
  4. ARCHIVED-TheJesterLich Guest

Aside from the 400k or so status and like 20p price tag for the nightmare mount in freeport, what requirments do you need to meet? What guild level is needed? Do you need to be a certain rank in that guild? And do you need faction with one of the city factions to purchase it? I've got a necro alt I'm wanting to get one for, but as a previous poster has stated is his own case, I'm in a small friend based guild that's only in their teens. Going to see about bribing, er, donating money to a guild of the appropriate level in order to get myself the horse, and just want to know what I need to look for.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deluxe05 Guest

It looks like SOE changed the buy-back for mounts. I purchased a rujarkian clydesdale a couple months back (112,500SP, 5p 53g 96s OR 9p 83g 4s). The sell-back price had been 8p 19g 20s. It is now down to 6p 82g 66s 66c.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kurgor Guest

The guild, you have to be member of, has to be lvl 40 to unlock the "nightmare" (or "mistwalker" on Qyenos side).
    What rank you need to be, depends on the set-up of the guild rules. Leaders (and usually Officers) can set at which rank you can buy status items. Mostly it will be as "regular" member and not as recruit or initiate...
    Oh, and don´t forget, the mounts are always "no trade" so nobody can buy the horse for you, and if he/she tell you to give him/her 20 pp for doin so ... you gonna be ripped of :smileywink:
  7. ARCHIVED-Exordus Guest

Quick mount questoin (I searched, but couldn't find an answer). Can ANY charcter purchase and USE any level mount? I have a level 14 monk who I've been working my butt off with in tradeskills and I've got 4p now and plan on buying the best non-guilded mount when I get enough plat (unless I get guilded before then). I just want to know that I can actually use the whistle if I'm spending 9pp on it. Thanks

€xordus
    Message Edited by Exordus on 03-08-200608:38 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-xclassy Guest

I would love to see a picture of the Undead mount summonor? Anyone have a picture of there mount? It looks cool. with speend of +48 but just the bone head for ideal. I just dont know if I want one of those or hold out for the unholy steed? I wish when you go the stables in each stable had one of the horse your shopping for it would make it easier for you pick your horse. Instead of speading time looking on the web for you hope is a picture of the steed you like to buy. I was teasing a clan mate said If they going to keep one of the cows in the stables , why can't they keep the other horses? But the tease was I told them we maybe can't afford a horse for them , but we maybe able to spring for cow instead ... lol. I can see it now. No its to painful to think of players riding cows. Get the cow out and put horses in the stables. *wink*
  9. ARCHIVED-Morlach Guest

great info thanks
  10. ARCHIVED-RyanaK Guest

They did change things...if you are Qeynosian, you can no longer sneak into Freeport and purchase the Unholy Servent. I don't care for the parade look either, but I guess we're stuck with them now.
  11. ARCHIVED-tequiero Guest

IF you in combat does the run speed buff drops?? on a hourse??
  12. ARCHIVED-Xanoth Guest

yes, a horses speed buff is suspended during combat
  13. ARCHIVED-StaboCA Guest

Random Question:

I've seen the various mounts with special pricing and availability at the various guild levels, up to guild level 40, but I'm wondering if that's where they stop?
    Are there any guild level 45 or 50 mounts in the game?

Thanks,

Rhedkin
    70 Templar Everfrost
  14. ARCHIVED-Kurgor Guest

Not yet ... Rumors say, that lvl 50 mounts will be added soon, but - as long as I know - there are no official statments from devs.
  15. ARCHIVED-Nightfire Guest

Awsome guide...was very helpful in my decision of which one I was going to get.:smileyhappy:
  16. ARCHIVED-Woodcrafter Guest

Unfortunately this guide is now completely out of date. It is missing mounts and the purchase prices are wrong by 50p in a couple of cases.
  17. ARCHIVED-Solbabe Guest

Anyone that can post a link with all the Horse upgrades, changes etc since this thread was started please? :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Hoppy6698 Guest

Bump - Excellent guide, but as pointed out - a little outdated now, also missing quested mounts, ie - DoF Carpet quest.
    Anyone working to update this? I would, but my guild is not high enough to see any of the latter purchases.
  19. ARCHIVED-Drayen Guest

Same Q as above poster :)

Does anyone have new pics of the new horses...and please, can someone confirm that you get your SP back when you selll your steed ??
    Seems like it...but still :)

Thanks alot!
  20. ARCHIVED-Drayen Guest

ok, checked yesterday

T2 horse, 32%
    80.000 SP, 2pp7g buying price
    80.000 SP, 1pp44g selling price (sorry there is only 1 guy in the queynos stables and i checked many other NPC's, the buyback price is allways the same - ? - )