Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 2014

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Aislynn Member

We have until the 23rd to finish, yes? I didn't intend to take that long, but I've realized I have to wait until the Moonlight Enchantments come around again to get the exact items I'm after, so it'll be at least the 21st by the time I am all set.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

I apologize for disappearing unexpectedly. Even organizers have their issues (and horrible migraines that crop up and refuse to leave).

As to the questions being asked:

It's not against the rules, as you aren't a participant, and you're simply depositing items. Let me pencil you in as an organizer... ;)

This thread is the perfect spot to ask for things like that, Tenchigirl15. Homeshow's also fine :)

All Secret Santug homes are set to visitor access NONE. To be able to see the home in question, the Santug would have to friend or trustee you on the home.

Yes, you have until the 23rd. The good news is, a lot of people stockpile grotto items, and are willing to share them for this event. I would suggest asking here and/or in Homeshow if anyone has any on your server that you can return on the 20th, so that you can finish your home with no worries about the time limit.
  3. Orpiment Member

I have a stash of some random grotto things on AB, can have any of the items I still have stored if you let me know which ones.
  4. JesDyr Well-Known Member

fUnrest can never have nice things.
  5. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

I will do my best to continue responding in as timely a manner as I can. However, I've been out of it the last three days with migraines, and the weather forecast indicates at least another day or two of spotty online attendance. The best way to contact me during this time will continue to be via PM. Please remember to REPLY to the PM I sent you. Do not send me a new PM.
  6. Aislynn Member

Very much appreciated, but I'm on the Splitpaw server. I'll have two days to buy what I need, I'm sure that will be ample :)

Note to self: stock up on items ;)
  7. Xenie New Member

A few things- First, on Butcherblock, I have many grotto, festival, etc items stockpiled- so if anyone is needing something particular, feel free to check with me! In game mail is fine :) Also- I hoard rares like noone's business- so again, if you need something, let me know & I'll be glad to share what I have. I can also help w/ making items (95 carpenter)

Now a question (probably a silly one) The only other time I've decorated for someone was for a guildie, so this wasn't an issue- I'm not sure how the marketplace (heirloom) items work or don't work in this instance? I know that I can place them in the house- but will that make things difficult for the house owner I'm decorating for? There are only a couple of small items that I would really like to use to add to enrich an area, but I don't want it to be a problem later. Can someone explain how it works please?
    Thanks!
    Malice
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's a great question, Malice, considering I ran into the same problem...was getting desperate for time last year, and just starting buying SC stuff right and left...fortunately, they were usually small things, and my Santee may certainly get back in touch with me and see if I can't get my junk out of her house! ;->

Uwk
  9. SnapdragonFlora New Member

do you have access to a guild hall housing portal? if you have trustee access to their house, you should be able to see it from there.
  10. SnapdragonFlora New Member

you can buy market place items and place them in the owners house, if they dont like them they can always pack them in a moving crate, and they can always move them around. I have put a *ehem* few marketplace items in my santee's house.
  11. Aislynn Member

If someone doesn't like something it can be either packed in a moving crate or they can click the "return to owner" option, at which point it'll be mailed back to the original owner.
  12. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

o good, I hope someone with that faction steppes in to help. I still need those counters and that mirror. :( how do you talk in that homeshow channel? I tried a command bunch of times to talk but it won't let me talk in the chat. :confused:
  13. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

First, make sure you've done /join Homeshow if you're on Antonia Bayle, or /join Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow if you're on another server.
    Then type /channellist
    This will show you the numbers of all of the channels you are in. For example, you might see:
    Auction (1)
    LFG (2)
    High_Level (3)
    Crafting (4)
    Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow (5) <-- this is the important number

To talk in Homeshow, you would type /5 (or whatever number shows next to your Homeshow channel when you do a /channellist).

If you still cannot see and speak in Homeshow, right click your main chat tab, select chat options, and make sure Homeshow (or Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow) has a checkmark in the checkbox. Then click ok.
  14. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

it worked, thanks. :)
  15. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I'll put some of qeynos paintings on broker on splitpaw, or can mail em if you;d like
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Aislynn like this.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

I'd say I've probably gone way overkill on the 100p mark on my Santee's home, but I'm having so much fun decorating it, I don't care. I only hope my Santee loves the home once it's done, hehe. I've used a few marketplace items too, and if she doesn't like/want them or decides to do something entirely different later on, she is more than welcome to return them to me...or she can store them in the moving crate to be put to use later on. If she wants them moved to a different house, she can mail me and I'll be happy to move them for her as well. :)
  17. Glenorian Well-Known Member

Just a question all, how much frostfell are you putting into your homes?
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The last time I did one, I didn't even really think about FF, was just so busy panicking about and trying to make sure I got all her book suggestions finished...but I think maybe a tree (what with inflation these days, any Gold account can afford to buy another Tree Ticket ;->) and a couple prezzies at its feet might not be amiss, at least. :)

Uwk
    Glenorian and Merriel like this.
  19. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

It really depends on what your Santee requested. If they didn't mention Frostfell, I'd stick with conservative and do what Uwkete suggested--just a tree and some presents, maybe a few stockings by a fireplace. A candle or two on the dining table--tasteful, classy Frostfell decor.

If they specifically asked for a Frostfell themed home, go wild! And if they specifically asked for no Frostfell, well... we're building to their wishes, right? So no Frostfell.
  20. Lera Well-Known Member

No... Frostfell? *has no idea what that is*