Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 2014

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

[IMG]

It’s that time of year again as the holidays slowly creep up on us… that time of year to make someone else’s year-ending incredible and exciting.

The Secret Santug Holiday House Swap is a fun exchange meant to bring smiles to decorators of all skill levels. Simply put, this is a name-drawn-from-a-hat “Secret Santa” style gift exchange of a decorated home. We will assign each of you (the Santug) a home to decorate (your Santee). In turn, someone else will decorate a home for YOU!

WHO: Anyone who wants to join in.

If you aren’t an incredible decorator, that’s fine. People love to receive houses, no matter the skill level. This is about fun and the spirit of giving! You’re giving someone a smile, no matter what you do. After all, you’re building a house for THEM! All for them! It makes people feel SPECIAL to get a house like that! So stock up on house items, because we don’t care what your skill level is. If you want to spread a little holiday cheer, and receive some in return, while having fun decorating, this is for YOU!

If you don’t celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, or what have you, that’s OKAY! We’re not celebrating them. We’re celebrating FROSTFELL, Norrath’s winter festival. Remember, we’re in EQ2. We’re celebrating a holiday that we can ALL enjoy together. Merry Happy Cheerful Exciting Special Frostfell to you!

WHAT: Secret Santug Holiday House Swap

WHEN: Signups are open NOW until November 29th, at 3 PM Pacific.
    You will receive your home signups ON or BEFORE December 1st.
    Decorating will run from December 1st to December 23rd.

PLEASE DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! We don’t want anyone panicking the days before That Holiday With A Tree In Real Life With All Those Evil Songs On The Radio because they haven’t finished the house yet. You have 23 days to work on this house. Use them wisely!

WHERE: ALL SERVERS can participate! The bulk of the event will be happening on Antonia Bayle, since that’s Homes and Tomes’ home server. However, we arranged it last year--and will arrange it this year--so that other servers can participate on their home servers, too! There are kind people who are already stepping forward to help organize other servers’ House Swap. Thank you, people!

WHY: Because we like to spread holiday cheer! We’ve found that quite a few people don’t get a chance to give or receive gifts. This holiday isn’t all about gifts, it’s about caring for yourself and others. However, nothing says “I care” quite so much as a personalized home in a game where you spend a lot of time. This is a gift that doesn’t cost any real world money, so even the least wealthy of EQ2ers can both give and receive this gift.

HOW: To sign up, please post the following IN THIS FORMAT
    Character Name:
    Server Name:
    The city the house you want decorated is located in:
    The home address:
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated:
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate:
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate:
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p):

Keep in mind when deciding how many rooms to decorate and how many rooms you’d like decorated that you have 23 days. Don’t be too ambitious, but also don’t skimp and do a tiny one room!

2. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

If you would like to offer your services as a crafter, please post the following:
    Carpenter’s Name:
    Server Name:
    Hours and days you’ll be available:

WHAT TO DO AFTER YOU SIGN UP:
    • Choose the home you wish to have decorated. Try to keep it to a 4 room house or smaller, although you can choose a bigger house if you have an awesome idea. Keep in mind that this awesome idea needs to be decorated in 23 days or less, though!
    • If you are on AB, give Darkzephyr, Jazabelle, Kamoj, Kuerden, Meeba, and Xaeyla trustee on the home you choose to have decorated. If you are NOT on AB, you will receive a PM with further instructions closer to the end of November.
    • Change the name of the home to SSHHS2014 ← VERY IMPORTANT!
    • Map out what you want to have done. In a player written book placed in your SSHHS2014 home, please list character name, character race, character gender, home address, and home theme.
    • Once all of that is done, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, enter the home after December 1st, until it is announced as completed on the 23rd!

[IMG]

DETAILS:
    • Please DO NOT sign up if you think you won’t be able to finish a house in this amount of time. Last year the organizers had to scramble to finish the homes that people left partially done.
    • Please DO let us know if you sign up, and a real world emergency happens that causes you to be unable to participate.
    • There is NO maximum and NO minimum on the amount you can spend/have to spend on a house. We’ve seen gorgeous homes of elm. However, we would like you to try and keep it under 100 platinum. If you choose to go over that, that’s your choice. But for those who need help obtaining items because they’re new to the game/low level/poor, your cap is going to be 100p provided by Homes and Tomes, until such time as our events fund runs out. Remember, this is for decorators on Antonia Bayle. Other servers may or may not have such a generous limit!

Who to contact if you have questions:
    Darkzephyr
    Jazabelle
    Kamoj
    Kuerden
    Meeba
    Xaeyla

Happy Merry Cheerful Festive Fun Sparkly Frostfell!
  3. crazyapples Active Member

Character Name: CrazyappleServer Name: AB
    The city the house you want decorated is located in: Qeynos
    The home address: Personal Library
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated:4
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate:4-5,(5 if there's some idea of theme)
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate:0
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p):0
    Afakulru likes this.
  4. Misstake Well-Known Member

Character Name: Devilkiss
    Server Name: AB
    The city the house you want decorated is located in: Freeport
    The home address: Ethernere Enclave
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: Just a portion of the island or maybe a house

Character Name: Devilkiss/Devilkiss
    Server Name: AB(lvl 30 Carp)/Oasis(lvl 95 Carp)
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: 4-6
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: AB yes/ Oasis No
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p): Don't think so no

Though I would like my house done on AB, I can do decorating on Oasis or AB or Both.

Carpenter’s Name: Devilkiss> LVL 95> All recipes except a few in Cobalt Scar.
    Server Name: Oasis
    Hours and days you’ll be available: I am on random days and hours, but what would be great is to buy a free home and add me as a trustee. Then send me a mail of the stuff you need made and I can make it and place it in that house for you to pick up. I can also chip in plat for newer or poorer players, prob up to 100 pl a piece. Also have a guild hall that is stocked too if needed.
    Afakulru likes this.
  5. Tinkerbbell Member

Character Name: Tinkerbbell
    Server Name: Butcherblock
    The home address: 2 Justice Road
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: 5
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: 5 - 8
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: 0
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p) :0
  6. Tums New Member

Sorry, I will have to pull out this year due to medical things.
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Character Name: Snippet
    The city the house you want decorated is located in: Gorowyn
    The home address: Timorous Heights in Timorous Deep
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: 3 rooms & Balcony (main floor only)
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: 3 - 4
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: 0 (only on Butcherblock...if assigned another server to decorate on, I'll definitely need help)
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p): 0 (only on Butcherblock, if assigned another server to decorate on, I'll definitely need help)

Due to a wierd real life schedule I can't commit to specific times, though I am available for at least a little while most days. I do have a lvl 95 carpenter, and have nearly all (if not all) holiday recipes, many faction recipes, etc and can mass produce building blocks, etc. I can use one of my houses as a drop point for furniture (would just need to know who to put on admin there, preferably those who would manage this event on the server, and which items to craft and place there). I will be happy to contribute items to assist others in their decorating on Butcherblock server.
    Afakulru likes this.
  8. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

Character Name: Justinalyn
    Server Name: Guk
    The city the house you want decorated is located in: Qeynos Harbor
    The home address: Irontoes East Large Inn room Apartment
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: 3 rooms
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: 2 room only please ;)
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: depends on what server I'm in, I will need help getting items when I'm in other servers. :p
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p): yes please I will need plat :D
    Afakulru likes this.
  9. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

YAY!!!

Character Name: Mathilda Fairylily
    Server Name: Antonia Bayle
    The city the house you want decorated is located in: Kelethin
    The home address: Aerie Kolmas
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: At least two, but they can do as many as they want. I'm not picky. They can even do a break-out if they'd like. I'll leave a set of teleport pads for them.
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: Any
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: Only if I'm not decorating a house on AB. Yes, I'm willing to travel to other servers IF I'll have a carpenter there to help me.
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p): Again, only if I'm not decorating a house on AB. I can donate plat to new decorators on AB if it's needed.

Carpenter’s Name: Bogllily Mathilda
    Hours and days you’ll be available: Any time after 4 pm MST and before 9 pm MST. I teach, so I keep an early bedtime.
    Afakulru likes this.
  10. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Character Name:Kiskilla
    The home address: 3 Freedom Road
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: 4-5
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: 5-6
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: NOPE
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p): NOPE

Carpenter’s Name: Kiskilla> LVL 95> All recipes and faction access
    Hours and days you’ll be available: I am on almost every evening on one toon or another. If I am not on or you can't find me, send me in game mail with what you want made and the name of a house or dungeon access I can drop off made items too.

I'm willing to coordinate for Oasis if you need someone.
    Afakulru likes this.
  11. Gisella New Member

Character Name: Gisella
    The home address: Mistmoore Estate
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: at least two, please :)
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: 6
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: no
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p): no

Carpenter’s Name: Gisella/Lyra
    Hours and days you’ll be available: it varies due to my RL schedule, but usually any evening other than Tuesday and Wednesday, and sometimes during the days as well.

Both myself and Alhana are willing to help organize, fund, and craft for Butcherblock. Please just let us know if you need anything!
    Afakulru likes this.
  12. Alhana New Member

Character Name: Alhana
    The home address: Ethernere Enclave
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: 2+
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: 6-8
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: no
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p): no

Carpenter’s Name: Alhana
    Hours and days you’ll be available: I will be available around 3:00-12:00 during M-F. Weekends I can be on as early as 12:00 pm.If I'm not on, you could send me a mail and I can take care of it as soon as I log in.

I am a level 95 carpenter with all recipe books. I also have good standing with almost every faction you can get cool furniture from (Tupta, Grobb, Hua Mein, etc.) If anyone on Butcherblock needs some of those pieces, I'd be happy to provide them as well.
    Afakulru likes this.
  13. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Character Name: JasmyneteaServer Name: Splitpaw
    The home address: Mistmore Estate Manor
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: ALL
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: ALL
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: No
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p):Yes
    Afakulru and SnapdragonFlora like this.
  14. Lizabethan Active Member

Character Name: Lizabethan
    The city the house you want decorated is located in: New Halas
    The home address: Glacial Villa ( 4 room)
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: 4
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: Any and all
    *Requesting a home that has predefined "rooms" (like Neriak or Kelethin) because I'm not good at building structures! :)
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: Not unless it's on a different server
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p): Nope!

Carpenter’s Name: Lizabethan
    Hours and days you’ll be available: Any time, just send me a mail asking for items. I have most recipes, including holiday scrolls, but may be missing a few due to breaks.
    Afakulru likes this.
  15. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Character Name: Felonya
    The city the house you want decorated is located in: South Freeport
    The home address: Fearful Retreat
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: All (3-4ish)

Character Name: Shanette
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: Any / All
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: No
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p): No

Afakulru likes this.
  16. Piorrot New Member

I would like to offer my services here is my information:

Carpenter’s Name: Lorrina (lvl 65 and climbing)
    Hours and days you’ll be available: Mon - Fri. after 5pm cst and Sat./Sun. anytime from 9am cst - 9pm cst.
  17. Desairia New Member

I have 2 Master Carpenters, AB/Blastora & Crushbone/Desairia who are willing to help. I will not charge for making items however if it requires a rare you will need to supply it. I will not require any kind of comission, nor will I be able to assist with decorating as far as I am aware but am more then willing to craft as much as is needed. If you need /want help just let me know!
    Afakulru likes this.
  18. Orpiment Member

Character Name: Tarasin
    The home address: Mistmore Crags Estate
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: Only 1 or 2 (unless decorator is feeling frisky)
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: 4-5
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: Orp might need help with some of the upper level 90s crafting bits, but otherwise I should be good to go
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p): Shouldn't need any funds as far as I know
    Afakulru likes this.
  19. Vichane Well-Known Member

Character Name:Vichane
    Server Name:Antonia Bayle
    The city the house you want decorated is located in:Freeport
    The home address:Dimensional Pocket (under vichane) in freeport
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated:Any amount is fine
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate:Any
    If you will need help crafting/obtaining items for the home you are going to decorate: nope
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p): Nope
    Afakulru likes this.
  20. Axelle New Member

Character Name: Ariannona
    Server Name: Guk
    The city the house you want decorated is located in: New Halas
    The home address: Honor Homesteads (2 rooms)
    How many rooms you’d like to have decorated: All 2 rooms
    How many rooms you’re willing to decorate: 2-3 (Prefers New Halas: Valor Homesteads or Honor Homesteads)
    If you will need help funding the home decorating (max 100p): Yes

Afakulru likes this.