Secret Duck Level

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Loran, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I dub Tharrakor this year's GRINCH!:p
    Juraiya, Prissetta and dngrmse like this.
  2. Anunnaki Active Member

Duck zone sounds like a cool, fun, idea for people to hunt for and try to complete as a method of solo play. However, why it was decided to have a BiS item dropping from it is beyond me. This can also be said about the timed quests for the keys. No one wants tor run zones anymore, all everyone does is run timed quests or looks for the damn duck zone. This is out of hand. It is possible to reward something that is unique and worth the effort without it being a BiS piece.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

When it is 1 item there is no real issue with it. The problem is the sheer amount of items Key chests give.
  4. kluxor Well-Known Member

As a heroic and raider, I'm personally happy there's something that's genuinely worthwhile to hunt for while waiting for a group or killing time before raids. And there really isn't all sorts of suepr good uber elite best in slot items like some of you are making it out to be, two of'em. The bow and helm. Neither is absolutely needed, if you get one great, if not you still have something to do solo.
  5. Tabri Well-Known Member

Its a very fun zone for those who can get into it, for the others it kinda sucks. Im sure a lot of people are not happy that a solo decorator or some casual player gets into this zone to loot a BIS mythical item along with 10k plat whereas a raider who tries for days or weeks or whatever never gets into the zone. Who wants BIS items and will do anything to get them? Raiders. What do raiders get in raid zones now? I will let raiders answer that question.
    ZUES and Ruckus like this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

But it's not like they can't get into it. If they put in the time they will get into it eventually.

It's the same chance for any player to get into the zone.
  7. Raisie Member

So is this duck zone a solo zone or group? Does the only person that gets the portal attuned to them able to go in or at least bring in a group? So once you see this text saying there is portal you really don't bother to look for it unless you are the one that saw these feathers and are attuned to it? LOL

Also, how do you come across these? Just happen to walk by it or fly or kill trash or what. Anyone?
    Kittybock and Shmogre like this.
  8. Entropy Well-Known Member

It's a solo zone. No friends or mercs.

The portal is an extremely rare chance spawned on the killing of any mob in the zone. If there's something more special behind that algorithm, we haven't discovered it yet.

There doesn't appear to be any hard cooldown timer built in (like AoM's Essence of War spawns). I saw two zone messages for the duck portal within a 15 minute span.

Still unconfirmed whether it can spawn in any instance of Thalumbra, or just Thalumbra 1. (I'm assuming it's just a rare chance on any mob kill, which wouldn't limit it to first instance. Can a dev please chime in here?)
  9. Terrius Well-Known Member

:( I know that it was an obvious troll, but out of my dedication to the duck empire I attempted the kill 300 while crouched. Alas it did nothing, I even did it twice, you know... Just to be sure... :(

*resumes his murderous Thalumbra rampage*
    Kittybock, ZUES and Kuulei like this.
  10. Koko Well-Known Member

Third time is the charm!

Wait, try charming mobs!
  11. Lebazej New Member

I got in too, sweet lewt indeed!
  12. Sintropy Member

Ditto here. This was a really cool zone that was fun to do. The BiS item and the 10kpp were nice additions. Great job DB.
  13. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Zone is bugged.
    It let Errrorr in.
    Wirewhisker, Jaden, Eliziana and 2 others like this.
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

Can you spawn it in a group? But only one enter? I'm just thinking the odds will greatly increase if you zerg the zone as a full group. Quicker kills...
  15. ZUES Well-Known Member

Raiders are flagged from obtaining leet loot this expansion.
    Kraeref likes this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The sheer amount of GOLD keys, that almost always reward Adv Solo quality gear. I grind the keys because several of the timed quests are fun (The Slimolation!), every key gives me a nice hunk of status via the silver etchings, and thus far I have gotten one umbrite key, and thus I got a nice prize from the Cracker Jack box. (I have yet to see a platinum key). I just transmute the useless items.

Maybe someone will set up a key tracker plug-in for ACT, so we can keep track of how many we've gotten and figure out the drop percentages of each type.
    Kittybock likes this.
  17. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I want to apologize to AB because my horrible luck with this type of thing means apparently no one gets the duck zone while I am in Thalumbra.

Going on 5 hours now of killing everything I see while harvesting (I started this expansion with my harvesting skills firmly in the t2 skill range and am working on getting maxxed lol) and zero portal sightings. I guess I can take some comfort in knowing at least no one else is getting it while I'm here. :p I'm not non-stop killing (work from home so still trying to be somewhat productive at work) but it's pretty steady. But even with my breaks, zero portals popping.

It makes me wonder if the more people in zone killing the better the odds are. There are only 50 people online right now in Thalumbra and only one instance.
  18. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

What makes you think killing something spawns it? Cause someone on the forums said so?
    Jaden likes this.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

More people in zone = more people killing. (Yes I know it is a generalisation, but its most likely true).

So yes, more people in zone = more chance of it popping.
  20. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Well, someone on forums, someone I know in game that got it, people announcing in general chat that it spawned after killing a random mob...why, what is your theory? If it's people trolling they're pretty consistent lol.