Secret Duck Level

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Loran, Nov 19, 2015.

1. azcn2503 Active Member

I'm also wondering this.
  2. Sylke Well-Known Member

A guildmate got the zone on a toon that had not finished the signature line, yet.

The lucky duck...
  3. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I just missed the zone because the message I got came in one of my small chat windows I keep off to the side for certain messages and it scrolled off before I saw it. When I did notice it I had already left the area. Went back but couldn't find anything. 'Course I didn't know exactly where or what I was looking for. A red onscreen message when it happens would be nice. Makes me wonder how many times I've missed it?

And yes, I know there is an ACT trigger but I don't run ACT.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The message is zonewide for everybody, so just because the message appears, does not mean it was your zone for sure.
  5. ZUES Well-Known Member

I've only known two people to get the portal. Neither one of them had finished the sig line at the time of it spawning.
  6. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Heared alot of rumors about the zone, never seen it, but if the loot is that great, the zone should even be more rare. I know i will not see this anyways ^^
  7. Wards Member

all that randomness really wants me to quit soon ... running around to get one ******* duck lvl for 2 days now is really fun ... even the myth helmets and it seems a way higher chance to get ancients makes me laugh too ... and their communications manager would have been fired in my company a long time ago .. but anyways no reason to post moar things on the forums ... no response because they already made the money ... poor company :D
    Estarion and Tharrakor like this.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Oh no, you have to actually work on something for more than a day to get 1 item!

You make it sound like every single piece of Solo loot is BETTER than raid loot, when it isn't true.
    Juraiya and Laiina like this.
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

Relying on RNG sucks though.

It would be fine if it was just "a nice hat that you can get by other methods". But making BIS (only fervor helm to my knowledge) hidden behind super rare to spawn solo zone sucks.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

A bit like Ethereals being RNG, or all loot ever? Do it enough times and you might see it. Just in this case, instead of killing a boss for a chest that may have an item you want, you have to kill mobs.

There was a brawler weapon from Crypt of Agony, I am to this day still yet to see drop. I did the zone daily all the way through RoK
  11. hwy101 Active Member

Was killing random mobs this am. To clear out around the timed event for a key "Pick Ax". Killed one and poof. Was pulled into Duck zone. Did not have to click or duck to get in. To have the spell for that buff.........;)
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Anyone know if you can get duck zoned when in a group with another person?
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've seen people linking the scout helmet. What else drops in this ultra rare zone?
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

A myth helm for every class.
  15. Katz Well-Known Member

This zone seems to be driving some people quackers. o_O
  16. Sylke Well-Known Member

17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Apparantly so, I believe it only flags person who got killing blow though.
  18. Estarion Active Member

what this have to do with the ethereals? Tbh ethereals event sucks too, but at least it was a heroic zone boss loot. Almost all good players goes through heroics between raids. Some more often some less. So actually they have to do it any way. But killing solo mobs in open zone? It's really something new. I can't remember not single expansion when a bunch of skilled players spend all their off raid time for insta kill all visible targets in zone. Eq2 community shows again that they don't deserve any respect, and devs know it well.
  19. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Unless I didn't click it right ;) I couldn't get in with my duo partner who flagged it.
  20. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Don't run around looking for it and making yourself crazy ;) I spent my time not believing it was real ;) I was just running through TOT doing the questline when it spawned (for my silly alt who doesn't need it!). No stress, fun surprise. They intended it for fun, don't let it not be fun!