Secret Duck Level

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Loran, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Katz Well-Known Member

Oh, I remember that now. I think I went in it once.
  2. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

So that's what the exploding feathers were all about..... damn!
  3. Karsa Active Member

Sheer luck more than likely or dreaded randomizer
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

So pretty sure there is a requirement around it for zone in too, whether it's the quest line or similar I do not know. I found the portal very quickly last night after spawn and couldn't get in still.
  5. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Feel free to PM me if it's to stay a secret, but I was killing in Thalumbra and saw the portal message pop up. I stopped what I was doing and flew around, and found it! However, I couldn't zone in to it, no matter how I angled the camera to click on it.

Is it a zonewide message, and it is random on who is actually allowed to zone in? Like, the zone gets the message but it is RNG who in the zone is allowed to click? I found it within 3 minutes of the message being broadcast. Or is it whomever finds it first is the only one that can zone in? It did despawn 6 minutes after the broadcast.
    ZUES likes this.
  6. oranges Member

Correct.
  7. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

That makes sense. I think that is a fun thing to add. It makes you pay attention to the environment. :) This has been the first expansion in a long while that I'm actually having fun doing the overland content with the timed key quests, searching for the chests, and keeping an eye out for feathers.
  8. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Makes me want to have a Robber Ducky mount now ... :)
    Fowlumbra is awesome !
  9. Karsa Active Member

Yer close its not 'who' finds it first, there will be zonewide message when it spawns.....you have 1 hour before it de-spaWns....when it appears it is already 'attuned' to one character in the zoNe.......
  10. Eliziana Active Member

It would be kinda hilarious if the devs were trolling Errorr and had flagged all his toons so they couldn't enter this secret duck zone. Just sayin' ;)
  11. ZUES Well-Known Member

Here is a trigger for it...

<Trigger R="In a burst of feathers, a portal appears!" SD="DUCK PORTAL DUCK PORTAL DUCK PORTAL" ST="3" CR="F" C="Thalumbra Duck Portal" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

Merry Christmas ;)
    Armageddoux and Eliziana like this.
  12. Eliziana Active Member

Merry Kissmas to you too! You missed a trick not using a "quack, quack, quack" wav file for your sound alert though :D
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm starting to believe this could be true :(
    Moonlit_Evening, Seefar and Eliziana like this.
  14. Wintir Active Member

the burning question...what's IN said duck zone? :) killer ducks with uber lewt?
  15. RescueMe Member

Got lucky enough to get the duck level this evening. Last named dropped an amazing Prestige head item, and the trash in zone dropped approx 10k worth of plat. It sounds like I'm joking, but I'm not.
    DoomDrake and Jaden like this.
  16. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Would love to have a Robber Ducky petamorph wand too !
  17. Entropy Well-Known Member

Has anyone had a confirmed spawn of this (or seen a zone message for someone else's spawn) while in any instance of Thalumbra EXCEPT the first one? I'm thinking the Essence of War spawn rules from last xpac, where it only happened in the first instance of Phantom/Tranquil... would be nice to get a confirmation from someone who had this happen.

Also, just fyi, there doesn't appear to be a cooldown timer. I saw the zone message about 15 minutes apart the other day. Looks to be just an extremely rare event, triggered upon the killing of any mob in the zone.
  18. ZUES Well-Known Member

"Duck" is a play on words. Duck down by dismounting and hitting the crouch button. Kill 300 mobs while crouched.
    Seefar likes this.
  19. Entropy Well-Known Member

This sounds like the best troll ever. Wonder how many people are running around Thalumbra doing this? :)
    Juraiya and Seefar like this.
  20. Faelynn Active Member

Thanks, DB, this was a great bunch of laughs, great throwback to Diablo 2's Secret Cow Level. I lucked into this last night, was awesome ^_^

... and no, I distinctly do NOT remember having done any such thing as killing a buncha mobs while crouched (though that is indeed funny, lol).