Scout Evades/Fear Cloak/Mage Instant cast.

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Elwin, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acoloss Active Member

i wasn't talking about me, or about how good i am... and i certainly was not showing off about killing you..
    I was talking about you specialize in excuses.. the excuse you lose is never because the other team is better..

ok.. so 1.5 years ago, we won because we spec'd defensively, even though you had OP melee group.. excuse no 5000..
    you see, this never ends? everytime someone loses we should nerf something?.. so basically we shouldn't have been able to spec defensive?

the videos were to show how the fear cloak is the same on melee, + poison stun procs are perma going off..

Losers Syndrome = Excuses.. of which is your no1 speciality.
    This was just yesterday.. couldn't fit them all on.. 40 fights vs a Dirge, considered one of most underpowered PVP classes in the game.. (until i posted some videos, as was the same situation with troubs in solo situations until i posted videos).
    This is not a flame, it's just to show you that no matter what, losers always have an excuse.. especially when they think they are the best, yet are far from it.. they will go to any lengths to make excuses as to why they lose.. e.g. mage groups more powerful, fear cloaks OP (although could get it themselves)..
    [IMG]

also i am surprised you are now back in elwins group, thought you guys split up
  2. Davngr Well-Known Member

the cloak is overpowerd and should be nerfed, period.

there is no way to combat against the fear. it renders the feared person useless for it's duration if you win because you killed a feared person then cry about not losing said fear proc then you're the one worried about losing and thus have the loser complex.

and dark squall or whatever it's called needs to go too. ridiculous that people even question if these items are broken or not.. of course they are broken. people are using 4 year old items.. if anyone uses an item that is 4 years old then clearly that item is broken because nothing in this game stays relevant for FOUR YEARS.
  3. rruken Active Member

we lost to your group a few times that i remember back then and who cares i remember killing you a few times as well once of which ther was a noob group on the outside same faction as you were... that was not an excuse for the time you beat us either i said over and over your the best bard in this game and your group is very well organized. guess its in my nature to look for reasons for losing to try and improve upon.

and im not the guy calling for the mage nerf i just want cc procs nerfed for all classes.

i just burnt one so i calmed down a bit!
  4. rruken Active Member

but this is stupid meet me in bbm lets fight
  5. acoloss Active Member

Back to the OP

After fighting elwin for 10 minutes, he thinks his Pali needs to be better in a 1 v 1?? (lol).. his excuse was -- too many evades so he couldn't burn me. Which is strange, since Denzei has killed me multiple times. He then made this post while we were still on BB dock. - But sure.. i think they need reducing or going back to how they were.. i'll love it.

After losing to our group in CL, and the other group (laser beam), this was the excuse, even though his group can get the same item.. much easier than the OP gear his group already actually has.

After being unsuccessful due to coming back to the game and farming tokens instead of grinding tokens to relearn how to play, mages are suddenly easymode... even though, melee groups can bind practically every attack to 1 button and just button smash it.

during the talk about all these things on BB dock, and arguing about melee groups are harder to play than mage groups (after the fight), he made this post.

It's a reaction people have from LS... 99.9% of people cannot accept that losing is usually due to the other team/player being better... they then post on the forum.

I did it myself with the rottflesh spell.. but clearly, this was actually broken.
  6. acoloss Active Member

edit:
    so crusaders can cast all spells on the run in the next update?
  7. Dramasetter New Member

"We focused on player skill being the biggest deciding factor in PVP combat, not gear. Gear will still give you an advantage, but it will be a more minor advantage than what we have seen in the past.
    This greatly increases the accessibility of PVP combat, but we have to ensure that PVP gear continues to be the go-to source of gear for PVP players." - ~ Omougi (a.k.a. Brian Ferguson, Associate Game Designer)

There's really no way to wrongly interpret that, so I won't expand on it. I've used wonderful items in the past as everyone knows that has seen my play, at that time in eq2 history there was also immune to most of those wonderful things. But if whats stated above should be the case wouldn't you all agree that there should be no argument about this Cape of Thule? I just think if the people feel so strongly about that specific item and they think there better then the other group regardless of if there wearing it. Then I say we put that to the test.

Evades - imho the only change that could be made is the recast in pvp because it seems that its up too often to pull a burn on before they can just evade you again with that or evasive maneuver.

Mage instant cast - It's fine good skill in burning it would be nice to see it without being feared though, cause maybe i can heal through it lol.

Cape of Thule - I'd rather all procs/immunities back in game but.. SOE wants to go a different way like stated in quotes above, and since they took out the ways of combating it, and stated they don't want these types of things in pvp. Then ya, this proc fear should be removed based on what I've seen them do to similar game changing items in the past in the past.
  8. Dequi Active Member

I don't know about you guys but it's nice to see Onyx fielding a competitive melee group. Fishermen / XXX / Chaotica are mage heavy so it's good to have some variety in the field.

I agree with Elwin as the fear cloak is silly. It's a passive proc which doesn't take any cororidnation/skill to use to your advantage and it can/does change the outcome of fights.

The evade/deaggro arguement confuses me, surely you just switch to another target and use a group taunt till the deaggro wears off. I don't see this as a big issue, both the deaggro and the taunts are similar durations.

What's probably messing you up is taunt immunity and the troubadour passive arcane cures which means a mage group will find it easier to focus fire your guys.

The best melee group i've seen out has been:
    Elwin, Mericaa, Dryken, Bamfer, Epiph, Dramasetter

This has enough heals to soak up the mage burns and if the brigand / swash can pro burn a healer on the other group (I don't see any other group running with three heals) in my opinion it would win against a stacked mage group.
  9. Exur Well-Known Member

#1 Anytime you pull Dyken to the forums it's a win. /stickythread
    #2 Fear cloak was OK when I was the only one using it for the past 10 years. Now everyone uses it, so fine... ditch it.
    #3 Forced detarget for 3 seconds is both amazing and horrible at the same time. Really depends on who's detarget lands first. In some fights, it's all but over in 3 seconds anyway... so at the very least I would like the duration lowered. Can revert back to just a drop target style too. Adjusted my play style to handle it anyway soe wants it.

...#4 Get off your stupid jumpy mount.
  10. acoloss Active Member

/agree

except for no4.

i'll get off mine when they make the 130% mounts drop to run speed when attacked.. as, as it stands, they can just keep running if i engage..
    yet.. mages & scouts (not bards) can stop me on a ground mount and kill me :(
    If i'm forced to use it.. so be it though.
    I can actually kill people on jumpy mounts easier, as they get locked at 60% speed :)

@Dequi
    yes they should win a mage group with that group, except minus a healer for a chanter/bard..
    with the 3 healers they would run out of power if they didn't kill the other team fast enough (in 6 v 6 at least, vs us)
  11. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

since pvp stats scale like they do, taking one item out for a proc doesnt really change your viability like you claim. Losing like 2% pvp stats for a cloak that fears 2 times a minute. I mean its an obvious choice to make for pvp because of how stats scale.. I see that in principle you won a battle on the internet and you think that the OP is coming from somewhere emotional but the fact still remains...

Anyone who knows about the cloak and how pvp stats scale is choosing the cloak, the rest are mad scratching their heads in pvp possibly frustrated if they dont know about it. You call this a part of the game, others call it lack of balance.
  12. acoloss Active Member

decided to let it go and delete my story i wrote...

The Fishermen > Displacement
    and it isn't anything to do with game mechanics.
    nuff said ;)
  13. Dantiss Active Member

It would be nice to get some 6v6s this weekend if possible,
  14. acoloss Active Member

I decided to repost due to lack of 24 Hour PvP to keep me occupied.. which is and should be the priority now (as the game is virtually balanced, just the little tiny things people are complaining about)..
    perma solo/group pvp roaming is what we need, the game is fine.
    anyway:

Just nerf the cloak.. I'm not trying to defend it.. if you read my first post in this very thread.. i actually agree.. and have said it needs reducing or nerfing in posts months ago (maybe weeks)...

The original post, is a loser syndrome post, and i will explain why.. i don't expect you to agree, being in the same guild and all.

Everyone one of his original posts points, whether right or wrong, was a sort of rage/loser syndrome "try to improve" only their group type post.. this is why all his buddies were ready to back him up instantly.. as we was all together on bb dock as he wrote it, arguing about it. Here are the points he posted and we argued about.

1. Evade (obviously he is talking about Solo, as in group it's no problem) - we had just had a 1 v 1 on bb dock, his excuse for not killing me was too many evades (was a stalemate).. strange, as Denzei has killed me many times on a paladin, with probably worse gear (Denzei got his tokens legit, by grinding bgs and wfs, has 94 gear)... maybe that's why he couldn't kill me, but does he not think about the reasons why he can't be killed?? and he wants to improve his own toon in a 1 v 1? -- LS.

2. The fear cloak is OP, that's why we win apparently.... yet his group can get the cloak themselves.. did they not think about this stuff before they fought us, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd time?? LS

3. Mage Groups are easy mode (we are still arguing on the docks at this point)... that's why we win.. LS.

Give me a group with Delethen, Hekter, Cavel, Valdoras, Best Mystic, Best Templar... and they think any mage group can stand up against this (if it is organized correctly)??

obviously, without knowing the chain of events prior, you and others assume i'm just ranting about not wanting to nerf some fear cloaks that we couldn't give a sh** about tbh... he has brought out fair points, but really.. these things are really a tiny thing that the devs need to be thinking about at the moment, and it's debatable stuff, not clearly OP game breaking stuff (as anyone can get)..

This thread was co-ordinated, semi truth, excuse, loser syndrome, nerf thread, which went further than they expected :) but also.. manipulated all your minds :d

@Ardur
    also.. as you don't pvp...
    the stats you gain are more than you think... the lvl 94 scout cloak has 125 attack speed, which can be converted into any stat you are missing (in my case, 32 strikethrough, or 64 casting speed, or HP), + blue adorn (5%hp)?.. + 175sta/agi, +Lethality.. +2white adorns (max lvl) = a lot of stuff.. not, 2% pvp stats
  15. acoloss Active Member

we won't be on this weekend, Denzei is away.

Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday, but will be to early for you guys probably
  16. Elwin New Member

This thread was never intended to be a displaced vs Fisherman debate. The point was to improve pvp balance on Nagafen not trash talk about pointless in game rivalries. It's a game were all trying to enjoy. I guess some people just feel the need to go into a life long inventory of game saved statistics and pics for whatever reason. I guess this game is just that important to some people. People forget or didn't know the fact that when a lot of these changes were being made, Omougi the head pvp developer was in our vent, and testing as much stuff as possible to try and make the mechanic overhaul work. There were a lot of ideas that we had to improve pvp and implemented into the game. The nerfing to all these procs and cc immunities were the direction the developers were heading in reguardles of complaints. So we did our best to assist him with these changes.

And as far as loser syndrome goes? Wasn't it a certian Troub that cried endlessly over an item as impactless in pvp as a vessel? what does that effect, a 1v1? and it was nerfed. So please stop being hypocritical about this topic and and for once use a bit of common sense. Anyways thank to all you guys who put your honest opinion on the thread and lets keep working to get pvp better. And best of luck on the battle field, peace out.

Elwin.
  17. acoloss Active Member

The Vessel was broken, ... it's been broken since it came out, probably 7 years ago, and has been complained about by every troubadour and enchanter since, and it was not just a problem in 1 v 1s. .. even someone like you should know this was broken, or do you think it wasn't?.. and, it was nerfed as it was obviously broken pvp game mechanics.. the thread I posted wasn't about the vessel on eq2flames.. it was about somebody who lost in PvP, and made up lies as to how he lost.. ring a bell?

Balance, is not making mage groups weaker, when melee groups can kill as well, or better than a mage group in a 6 v 6.
    Play a bit longer, instead of asking for nerfs when you have been playing for like 3 weeks with lvl 12 toons, aoeing them down... and you will realise that the game is perfect as it is atm.

The difference between me and you, is you try to improve your self and your own group only (by threads and probably to devs)...+ i don't cheat

also why haven't you told the devs about these other proc/items you use that need nerfing? the ones you were helping resolve?

anyway.. back to the post then.

1. Evades - debatable.. as most people seem to be thinking mages are more powerful than scouts atm (i don't), reducing evades is going to make mages stronger.. probably just leave it, or make taunt immune make you immune to evade.. that will give you 20 seconds to burst me down? or so...

2. Fear Cloak - Nerf it.. just don't use it as an excuse as to why you lose to us, when you can get the item within 1 hour.

3. Mage Groups are not easy mode, and are not more powerful than a melee group. You just don't have the correct players, co-ordination, or skill, or leadership.. one of these or multiple. You should beat our group with a melee group, and i'm sure you will.. as now, you have a reason.

Thanks, peace out, and thanks to all those who put their honest opinion into this thread..

p.s. you are sounding like ecnomorc btw ... i sense a tutorial video soon. .. just jokin.

edit: all these things are minor... there isn't anything game breaking at the moment.... all that is needed is openworld PvP, 24/7 solo and group
  18. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

sure, lets place knowing how to do a quest for 15 minutes in the bracket of skill lol. If this game had more of a melting pot of procs(like it used to) that actually balanced out a bit then I would agree with you. You seem to deflect just about as much as the people you claim to have "loser syndrome" I guess your over opinionated blindness can be called delusional syndrome and we can coin a term about you too to be nice! the arguments you have against the items would hold more weight if you kept any form of pettiness out of it, but that seems to be the problem. You seem to always get to this argument of " Well I'm better than you neener neener" when it comes to getting a factual statement out of you.

And lets be honest, if the fishermen is great and it doesnt matter what happens, why are you trying to post against it? hell I would say bring the challenge if I was in your shoes. Just sayin. Let crappier players use whatever crutch they need I say. bring the challenge. As long as it isnt every 2 spells I cast you get feared a bit and die with a dumb look on your face.
    Dramasetter likes this.
  19. acoloss Active Member

after arguing with these people in BB, then, all of them coming to the official forum (all one group), you wil see why there is some pettiness.
    read the first page of this thread again...
    It's all about how a mage group is more OP than a melee group.. by, a melee group that lost to a mage group.. and Paladin, who just dueled a troubadour and got evaded so much, that he couldn't burst me down (although, Denzei can).

with his last comment "these are the most needed changes in pvp right now" lol come on.. after arguing with them over this at the time of posting, in game, you expect there be zero agro? LS

The most needed change right now, is openworld PvP.. not something negligible and debatable.
  20. acoloss Active Member

having a discussion is fine.. co-ordinated guild group nerfs are not for the benefit of the game.. and i will be petty all i want to prevent things like this <3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.